PS4 News: New Game May Feature Sony VR Headset; 2 More PS4 Games; Sony’s Response to Stocks Situation
By Gel Galang | January 6, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Aside from the delivery of remaining pre-ordered PS4 consoles and the upcoming exciting games, there's another device that many PS4 fans are waiting for--the Sony VR headset.
A developer for the PS4, nDreams, has been one of the more spotlighted creators because of an interesting new project that could hint at the possibility that the PS4's VR headset is actually being used in the creation of a game.
The Sixth Axis has found a screenshot that was captioned in a very interesting way. Captioned with "A screenshot from one of our VR prototypes," the photo features a screenshot that was the same one used for the PS4 title that they were reportedly working on.
While there is no way to verify if this new project actually involves both the PS4 and Sony's upcoming VR headset, the fact that nDreams is reportedly going working on ambitious projects is already something to take note of.
This isn't the only rumour running about regarding Sony's VR headset. It seems that the virtual reality headset will really be making an appearance at the CES 2014. Gamepur reports that the Sony Press Conference will be held at January 6 at 5 p.m. PST while Kaz Hirai's keynote will be held on January 7 at 8:30 a.m. PST. Any one of those can be the venue for when the Sony's PS4 VR headset can be revealed.
*These two hackers may be the reason why Steam and EA's Origin are both down: Read the details here.
Two developers hinting at two more PS4 games
Two more things to look forward to for the PS4 would be the newly trademarked games, each coming from Capcom and Naughty Dog.
Naughty Dog had once promised before 2013 ended that it will be delivering more news about the Uncharted game for the PS4 come 2014. While there are still no news about it, Naughty Dog has also commented on the possibility of The Last of Us on the PS4.
In a report from GameZone, Naughty Dog's Eric Monacelli was asked if previous Xbox 360 gamers who have switched to the PS4 will be able to experience the award-winning game The Last of Us on Sony's next0gen, he had answered, "We will see what the future brings!"
This could mean that The Last of Us on the PS4 is not entirely hopeless--at least even the developers are considering the possibility.
*Fun Pokemon X and Y trivia you may want to know: Read here for more.
Another game that may be heading for western release is Deep Down, a PS4 exclusive from Capcom--if a recent trademark is to be believed. DualShockers has gotten a screenshot of the Deep Down trademark for the U.S. Database as well as one found for Europe.
In addition to this, the domains d-down.com, d-down.net and d-down.org have all been registered by Capcom with the most recent being updated last January 1.
Sony, Shuhei Yoshida and PS4 stocks
Even after a month and a half has passed since the release date of the PS4, finding Sony's next-gen console still proves to be a dire task, as the stocks situation is still not yet resolved completely.
*Here's a feature to expect from Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on the PS4: Read here for more.
In fact, Push Square states that given how the Xbox One is much more available compared the PS4 in some regions, there is already that dilemma that people face on which to buy.
Because of this, Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has responded on his Twitter account with a very simple, "Be patient." The PS4 stock situation is an understandable dilemma, since the demand was very much unexpected at the rate that the previous generation was going against Microsoft's Xbox 360.
But the fact that the global figures for the PS has already gone up to 2.1 million around the European launch last November 29, and the company's aim is to sell five million units before March ends.
Hopefully, the restock for the PS4 pushes through earlier than expected to appease customers who have been waiting for their consoles.
Yoshida also added that a PS4 firmware update is expected go live sometime in January, though no further details have been given as of yet. According to PlayStation Lifestyle, Sony cannot give anything specific as of yet, even the release date of the PS4 firmware.
Something from Yoshida that PS4 players can expect though, "Pulse support will come with the future firmware updates. Sorry for not being specific about timing."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones