‘Paranormal Activity’ 5 Opens with Over $18 Million Collection - Plot and Release Date in Australia [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | January 6, 2014 2:47 PM EST
"Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones," the lone horror flick opened with a weekend collection of over $18 million. Here is a look at the plot of the movie and release date in Australia. The movie had to compete with the previously released movies like "Frozen" and "Hobbit" 2.
Made with a reported budget of about $5 million, "Paranormal Activity" 5 has been able to pull in a sizable crowd who wish to begin the New Year with a scare. The collection could have been better if not for the bad weather and snow in cities like New York and Boston.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 was not able to stop the march of Disney's 3D family movie "Frozen." The movie reportedly collected over $20.7 million over the weekend, making a total domestic collection of over $300 million and a worldwide collection of over $600 million.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 is reported to be a spinoff of the 4 previous movies. The movie is about a group of Latino teenagers who discover a dark secret in their apartment building. Strange things start happening after the teens investigate the apartment in their building.
The old woman living in the investigated apartment was believed to be a witch. The main focus of the movie is about demonic possessions and black magic rituals that help in fighting such demonic possessions.
The movie is directed by Christopher Landon, who also wrote the screenplay of the movie. It is produced by Jason Blum and Oren Peli. The cast of the movie includes Andrew Jacobs, Jorge Diaz and Gabrielle Walsh.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 was released on Jan 1 2014 in the U.K, France, Spain, Ireland, Belgium, Switzerland (French) and Peru. The movie was released on Jan 3 in US and Canada among other countries.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 The Marked Ones release date in Australia is on 23 Jan 2014. The movie will be released on 30 Jan in New Zealand.
Fans of the "Paranomal Activity" franchise are excited about the new movie and many of those who have not yet seen the movie can't wait to do so. Will the movie retain its position at the box office next weekend?
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 4 Production Update: Another Big Battle Directed by Neil Marshall [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage