‘Paranormal Activity’ 5 Opens with Over $18 Million Collection - Plot and Release Date in Australia [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | January 6, 2014 2:47 PM EST
"Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones," the lone horror flick opened with a weekend collection of over $18 million. Here is a look at the plot of the movie and release date in Australia. The movie had to compete with the previously released movies like "Frozen" and "Hobbit" 2.
Made with a reported budget of about $5 million, "Paranormal Activity" 5 has been able to pull in a sizable crowd who wish to begin the New Year with a scare. The collection could have been better if not for the bad weather and snow in cities like New York and Boston.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 was not able to stop the march of Disney's 3D family movie "Frozen." The movie reportedly collected over $20.7 million over the weekend, making a total domestic collection of over $300 million and a worldwide collection of over $600 million.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 is reported to be a spinoff of the 4 previous movies. The movie is about a group of Latino teenagers who discover a dark secret in their apartment building. Strange things start happening after the teens investigate the apartment in their building.
The old woman living in the investigated apartment was believed to be a witch. The main focus of the movie is about demonic possessions and black magic rituals that help in fighting such demonic possessions.
The movie is directed by Christopher Landon, who also wrote the screenplay of the movie. It is produced by Jason Blum and Oren Peli. The cast of the movie includes Andrew Jacobs, Jorge Diaz and Gabrielle Walsh.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 was released on Jan 1 2014 in the U.K, France, Spain, Ireland, Belgium, Switzerland (French) and Peru. The movie was released on Jan 3 in US and Canada among other countries.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 The Marked Ones release date in Australia is on 23 Jan 2014. The movie will be released on 30 Jan in New Zealand.
Fans of the "Paranomal Activity" franchise are excited about the new movie and many of those who have not yet seen the movie can't wait to do so. Will the movie retain its position at the box office next weekend?
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 4 Production Update: Another Big Battle Directed by Neil Marshall [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal