‘Paranormal Activity’ 5 Opens with Over $18 Million Collection - Plot and Release Date in Australia [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | January 6, 2014 2:47 PM EST
"Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones," the lone horror flick opened with a weekend collection of over $18 million. Here is a look at the plot of the movie and release date in Australia. The movie had to compete with the previously released movies like "Frozen" and "Hobbit" 2.
Made with a reported budget of about $5 million, "Paranormal Activity" 5 has been able to pull in a sizable crowd who wish to begin the New Year with a scare. The collection could have been better if not for the bad weather and snow in cities like New York and Boston.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 was not able to stop the march of Disney's 3D family movie "Frozen." The movie reportedly collected over $20.7 million over the weekend, making a total domestic collection of over $300 million and a worldwide collection of over $600 million.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 is reported to be a spinoff of the 4 previous movies. The movie is about a group of Latino teenagers who discover a dark secret in their apartment building. Strange things start happening after the teens investigate the apartment in their building.
The old woman living in the investigated apartment was believed to be a witch. The main focus of the movie is about demonic possessions and black magic rituals that help in fighting such demonic possessions.
The movie is directed by Christopher Landon, who also wrote the screenplay of the movie. It is produced by Jason Blum and Oren Peli. The cast of the movie includes Andrew Jacobs, Jorge Diaz and Gabrielle Walsh.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 was released on Jan 1 2014 in the U.K, France, Spain, Ireland, Belgium, Switzerland (French) and Peru. The movie was released on Jan 3 in US and Canada among other countries.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 The Marked Ones release date in Australia is on 23 Jan 2014. The movie will be released on 30 Jan in New Zealand.
Fans of the "Paranomal Activity" franchise are excited about the new movie and many of those who have not yet seen the movie can't wait to do so. Will the movie retain its position at the box office next weekend?
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 4 Production Update: Another Big Battle Directed by Neil Marshall [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight