‘Paranormal Activity’ 5 Opens with Over $18 Million Collection - Plot and Release Date in Australia [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | January 6, 2014 2:47 PM EST
"Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones," the lone horror flick opened with a weekend collection of over $18 million. Here is a look at the plot of the movie and release date in Australia. The movie had to compete with the previously released movies like "Frozen" and "Hobbit" 2.
Made with a reported budget of about $5 million, "Paranormal Activity" 5 has been able to pull in a sizable crowd who wish to begin the New Year with a scare. The collection could have been better if not for the bad weather and snow in cities like New York and Boston.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 was not able to stop the march of Disney's 3D family movie "Frozen." The movie reportedly collected over $20.7 million over the weekend, making a total domestic collection of over $300 million and a worldwide collection of over $600 million.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 is reported to be a spinoff of the 4 previous movies. The movie is about a group of Latino teenagers who discover a dark secret in their apartment building. Strange things start happening after the teens investigate the apartment in their building.
The old woman living in the investigated apartment was believed to be a witch. The main focus of the movie is about demonic possessions and black magic rituals that help in fighting such demonic possessions.
The movie is directed by Christopher Landon, who also wrote the screenplay of the movie. It is produced by Jason Blum and Oren Peli. The cast of the movie includes Andrew Jacobs, Jorge Diaz and Gabrielle Walsh.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 was released on Jan 1 2014 in the U.K, France, Spain, Ireland, Belgium, Switzerland (French) and Peru. The movie was released on Jan 3 in US and Canada among other countries.
"Paranormal Activity" 5 The Marked Ones release date in Australia is on 23 Jan 2014. The movie will be released on 30 Jan in New Zealand.
Fans of the "Paranomal Activity" franchise are excited about the new movie and many of those who have not yet seen the movie can't wait to do so. Will the movie retain its position at the box office next weekend?
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 4 Production Update: Another Big Battle Directed by Neil Marshall [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report