Kaley Cuoco's Pink Wedding Dress and Chandelier Cake Plus More Wedding Trends for 2014
By Jesselle Maminta | January 6, 2014 2:40 PM EST
They say it's all in the details, and it seems like Kaley Cuoco followed that mantra for her New Year's Eve wedding. The proof? Her 'unique' wedding dress and 'over the top' wedding cake.
For her wedding to Ryan Sweeting, the "Big Bang Theory" actress wore a custom-made pink ball gown by Vera Wang. But she was not the only one who went pink on her wedding -- Gwen Stefani started the trend with her ombre gown by John Galliano for Dior she wore on her wedding to Gavin Rossdale. Many female celebs followed suit, including Jessica Biel, Anne Hathaway and Reese Witherspoon.
But perhaps the most show-stopping detail of her wedding would be the upside-down wedding cake attached to a chandelier. The Butter End Cakery created the one-of-a-kind cake as per Cuoco's request for an over-the-top creation.
Asked whether this kind of cake will start a trend, Kimberly Bailey of The Butter End Cakery says, 'I'd have to say if Instagram is any indication, there seem to be a lot of brides that are sending the photo to their own baker asking them if they can do this. Maybe we should patent the infrastructure!'
Want more ideas for your own wedding? Here are five more trends to watch out for the year 2014:
1. Boho Braids
Doing a rustic-themed or a beach wedding? Or you just want a bohemian look for your wedding? The Knot suggests going for boho braids instead of the usual chignon. Braids are one of the hottest hair trends this year, so there's more reason to wear this on your wedding.
2. Classic Romance
Event stylists and planners agree on one thing: the year 2014 will definitely be a year of romance. 'Pink is back!' says event designer Tara Guérard. 'It's the nudes, the blushes, the peaches - not Pepto Bismol pink!'
It's also the year of white-gloved waiters, fine china and chandeliers, according to Bridal Guide magazine. Prints are also popular, but according to Tara, it is leaning towards classic ones such as trellis patterns, bold stripes and florals.
3. Restaurant-Quality Meals
'People know what constitutes quality food and want it for their guests!' says Elizabeth Griffiths of Whoa Nelly Catering in Los Angeles. That means caterers will have to balance quality over quantity as guests demand for restaurant-quality gourmet fare.
4. Romantic Invites
Expect to see romantic details on the wedding invites that you'll be receiving this year. Metallics will still be on trend, but it will lean towards rose gold or subtler shades of copper. Lace details will also be big this year, thanks to the laser cutting technique that makes it possible.
5. Eat or Give Back
Edible favors remains on trend this year, but it will be more on dainty ones such as macarons, petit fours or truffles. On the other side of the spectrum, couples can be more charitable and give donations to their favorite charity in behalf of their guests.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies