Kaley Cuoco's Pink Wedding Dress and Chandelier Cake Plus More Wedding Trends for 2014
By Jesselle Maminta | January 6, 2014 2:40 PM EST
They say it's all in the details, and it seems like Kaley Cuoco followed that mantra for her New Year's Eve wedding. The proof? Her 'unique' wedding dress and 'over the top' wedding cake.
For her wedding to Ryan Sweeting, the "Big Bang Theory" actress wore a custom-made pink ball gown by Vera Wang. But she was not the only one who went pink on her wedding -- Gwen Stefani started the trend with her ombre gown by John Galliano for Dior she wore on her wedding to Gavin Rossdale. Many female celebs followed suit, including Jessica Biel, Anne Hathaway and Reese Witherspoon.
But perhaps the most show-stopping detail of her wedding would be the upside-down wedding cake attached to a chandelier. The Butter End Cakery created the one-of-a-kind cake as per Cuoco's request for an over-the-top creation.
Asked whether this kind of cake will start a trend, Kimberly Bailey of The Butter End Cakery says, 'I'd have to say if Instagram is any indication, there seem to be a lot of brides that are sending the photo to their own baker asking them if they can do this. Maybe we should patent the infrastructure!'
Want more ideas for your own wedding? Here are five more trends to watch out for the year 2014:
1. Boho Braids
Doing a rustic-themed or a beach wedding? Or you just want a bohemian look for your wedding? The Knot suggests going for boho braids instead of the usual chignon. Braids are one of the hottest hair trends this year, so there's more reason to wear this on your wedding.
2. Classic Romance
Event stylists and planners agree on one thing: the year 2014 will definitely be a year of romance. 'Pink is back!' says event designer Tara Guérard. 'It's the nudes, the blushes, the peaches - not Pepto Bismol pink!'
It's also the year of white-gloved waiters, fine china and chandeliers, according to Bridal Guide magazine. Prints are also popular, but according to Tara, it is leaning towards classic ones such as trellis patterns, bold stripes and florals.
3. Restaurant-Quality Meals
'People know what constitutes quality food and want it for their guests!' says Elizabeth Griffiths of Whoa Nelly Catering in Los Angeles. That means caterers will have to balance quality over quantity as guests demand for restaurant-quality gourmet fare.
4. Romantic Invites
Expect to see romantic details on the wedding invites that you'll be receiving this year. Metallics will still be on trend, but it will lean towards rose gold or subtler shades of copper. Lace details will also be big this year, thanks to the laser cutting technique that makes it possible.
5. Eat or Give Back
Edible favors remains on trend this year, but it will be more on dainty ones such as macarons, petit fours or truffles. On the other side of the spectrum, couples can be more charitable and give donations to their favorite charity in behalf of their guests.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports