Paul Walker in ‘Fast & Furious 7’ Movie: Brian O' Connor's Fate Decided by Moviemakers [DETAILS]
By jaskiran kaur | January 6, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Ever since "Fast and Furious" actor Paul Walker died in a car accident on Nov 30. 2013, fans are left wondering about Brian O' Connor's fate in its upcoming installment "Fast and Furious 7." When the actor died in an unexpected car crash along with his former car racer friend Roger Rodas, he was in the midst of filming the movie. It is said many significant scenes were yet to be completed. But the latest reports about the deceased actor Paul Walker and movie "Fast and Furious 7" report that the filmmakers have decided the fate of the franchise's much loved character.
Fast and Furious star Paul Walker
The filmmakers have finally arrived on a decision and have decided that car racer and cop Brian O'Connor, the character played by Paul Walker would receive a different ending in the film than in his actual life. According to the report by The Hollywood Reporter, Paul Walker's quintessential character will "retire" in the film instead of being killed off.
"The plan is to 'retire' the character in a way that the studio hopes will satisfy fans of the franchise and make use of the existing footage of Walker, who died about halfway through the "Fast 7" shoot," stated the report by The Hollywood Reporter.
According to the report, to bid a proper goodbye to Brian O' Connor character of Paul Walker from the franchise, filmmakers aim to incorporate scenes to the existing script. The additional scenes will help them write off the character that remains an essential part of the franchise even after retiring. The film's release has been delayed by eight-months, which apparently will buy them more time to make the much needed alterations.
"In the weeks after the tragedy, director James Wan, writer Chris Morgan and Jeffrey Kirschenbaum, Universal's lead executive on the Fast films, pored over the footage Wan had shot. The trio then devised a plan to tweak the existing script so that Walker would remain a part of the story but could be written out, allowing the franchise to continue without him," continues the report by The Hollywood Reporter.
As per The Daily Mail report, Universal Studios has still not commented on The Hollywood Reporter's report.
Also, reports were swirling around, which claimed that actor's stuntman brother, Cody Walker is in talks to substitute Paul Walker for the filming of pending scenes in the "Fast and Furious 7" movie. The film is set to premiere on April 10, 2015.
What do you think of these amendments made in the upcoming installment of the franchise? Do you think keeping Brian O'Connor alive is the best decision?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6