Paul Walker in ‘Fast & Furious 7’ Movie: Brian O' Connor's Fate Decided by Moviemakers [DETAILS]
By jaskiran kaur | January 6, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Ever since "Fast and Furious" actor Paul Walker died in a car accident on Nov 30. 2013, fans are left wondering about Brian O' Connor's fate in its upcoming installment "Fast and Furious 7." When the actor died in an unexpected car crash along with his former car racer friend Roger Rodas, he was in the midst of filming the movie. It is said many significant scenes were yet to be completed. But the latest reports about the deceased actor Paul Walker and movie "Fast and Furious 7" report that the filmmakers have decided the fate of the franchise's much loved character.
Fast and Furious star Paul Walker
The filmmakers have finally arrived on a decision and have decided that car racer and cop Brian O'Connor, the character played by Paul Walker would receive a different ending in the film than in his actual life. According to the report by The Hollywood Reporter, Paul Walker's quintessential character will "retire" in the film instead of being killed off.
"The plan is to 'retire' the character in a way that the studio hopes will satisfy fans of the franchise and make use of the existing footage of Walker, who died about halfway through the "Fast 7" shoot," stated the report by The Hollywood Reporter.
According to the report, to bid a proper goodbye to Brian O' Connor character of Paul Walker from the franchise, filmmakers aim to incorporate scenes to the existing script. The additional scenes will help them write off the character that remains an essential part of the franchise even after retiring. The film's release has been delayed by eight-months, which apparently will buy them more time to make the much needed alterations.
"In the weeks after the tragedy, director James Wan, writer Chris Morgan and Jeffrey Kirschenbaum, Universal's lead executive on the Fast films, pored over the footage Wan had shot. The trio then devised a plan to tweak the existing script so that Walker would remain a part of the story but could be written out, allowing the franchise to continue without him," continues the report by The Hollywood Reporter.
As per The Daily Mail report, Universal Studios has still not commented on The Hollywood Reporter's report.
Also, reports were swirling around, which claimed that actor's stuntman brother, Cody Walker is in talks to substitute Paul Walker for the filming of pending scenes in the "Fast and Furious 7" movie. The film is set to premiere on April 10, 2015.
What do you think of these amendments made in the upcoming installment of the franchise? Do you think keeping Brian O'Connor alive is the best decision?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales