Paul Walker in ‘Fast & Furious 7’ Movie: Brian O' Connor's Fate Decided by Moviemakers [DETAILS]
By jaskiran kaur | January 6, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Ever since "Fast and Furious" actor Paul Walker died in a car accident on Nov 30. 2013, fans are left wondering about Brian O' Connor's fate in its upcoming installment "Fast and Furious 7." When the actor died in an unexpected car crash along with his former car racer friend Roger Rodas, he was in the midst of filming the movie. It is said many significant scenes were yet to be completed. But the latest reports about the deceased actor Paul Walker and movie "Fast and Furious 7" report that the filmmakers have decided the fate of the franchise's much loved character.
Fast and Furious star Paul Walker
The filmmakers have finally arrived on a decision and have decided that car racer and cop Brian O'Connor, the character played by Paul Walker would receive a different ending in the film than in his actual life. According to the report by The Hollywood Reporter, Paul Walker's quintessential character will "retire" in the film instead of being killed off.
"The plan is to 'retire' the character in a way that the studio hopes will satisfy fans of the franchise and make use of the existing footage of Walker, who died about halfway through the "Fast 7" shoot," stated the report by The Hollywood Reporter.
According to the report, to bid a proper goodbye to Brian O' Connor character of Paul Walker from the franchise, filmmakers aim to incorporate scenes to the existing script. The additional scenes will help them write off the character that remains an essential part of the franchise even after retiring. The film's release has been delayed by eight-months, which apparently will buy them more time to make the much needed alterations.
"In the weeks after the tragedy, director James Wan, writer Chris Morgan and Jeffrey Kirschenbaum, Universal's lead executive on the Fast films, pored over the footage Wan had shot. The trio then devised a plan to tweak the existing script so that Walker would remain a part of the story but could be written out, allowing the franchise to continue without him," continues the report by The Hollywood Reporter.
As per The Daily Mail report, Universal Studios has still not commented on The Hollywood Reporter's report.
Also, reports were swirling around, which claimed that actor's stuntman brother, Cody Walker is in talks to substitute Paul Walker for the filming of pending scenes in the "Fast and Furious 7" movie. The film is set to premiere on April 10, 2015.
What do you think of these amendments made in the upcoming installment of the franchise? Do you think keeping Brian O'Connor alive is the best decision?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role