'Pretty Little Liars' Star Lucy Hale Releases First Country Single 'You Sound Good to Me' [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | January 6, 2014 2:28 PM EST
Actress Lucy Hale poses as she arrives at the Teen Choice Awards at the Gibson amphitheatre in Universal City, California August 11, 2013.
"Pretty Little Liars" (PLL) star Lucy Hale will officially release her first country single "You Sound Good to Me" on Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2014. The talented actress who currently stars as Aria Montgomery in the ABC Family mystery-thriller television (TV) series "Pretty Little Liars," originally set out to become a musician, but the acting bug bit her and her music career was sidelined for a time. Now, she's back to her first love, which is music and hopes to become a successful country star.
What most people don't know is that 24-year-old Lucy Hale didn't start out on TV in PLL. She was first seen on TV in 2013 when she appeared in a little show called "American Juniors," which is a spinoff of the popular Fox reality singing competition "American Idol." "American Juniors" featured children who are too young to join "American Idol."
Hale spoke to The New York Post about being on "American Juniors."
"After that show, that was when I knew I didn't want to do anything else. I wanted to be a performer," added Hale.
Hale, who was 13 years old, reportedly sang a song by S Club 8, a British group, in the kiddie talent show that she joined before becoming one of the stars of the hit TV series "Pretty Little Liars." She went on to become a finalist and to record an album with the other winners of "American Juniors." The album was aptly called "Kids in America."
Hale also talked about her single in a YouTube video introducing her as a singer, with a sneak peek of the making of her album and her song "You Sound Good to Me."
"People know me as... right now know me as one thing. And to come out and be Lucy, be completely vulnerable and share my music, which is like my baby is kinda cool. It's kinda like I also have this hidden part of me that's about to be unleashed," said Hale in the YouTube video.
She also talked to USA Today and claimed that she was heavily influenced and inspired by Britney Spears, especially after watching a music video of her hit single "Baby One More Time." Her other favourites are country music from the Dixie Chicks, Shania Twain and Martina McBride, as well as Disney princess songs.
"Pretty Little Liars" star Lucy Hale's first ever country single "You Sound Good to Me" is a lively and upbeat song. It was actually a last-minute addition to Hale's album. It talks about love and compares it to the feeling of listening to an old song on the radio that you grew up to. Speaking of "Pretty Little Liars," the TV series based on novels by Sara Shepard, was renewed for a fifth season. It will premiere on Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2014, the same day that Hale's single "You Sound Good to Me" will be released.
— Lucy Hale (@lucyhale) January 5, 2014
- READ MORE:
'Pretty Little Liars' Star Lucy Hale Reveals New Boyfriend, Actor Graham Rogers [VIDEO] (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown