WWE Wrestlemania XXX: Shawn Michael Coming Out of Retirement to Face Daniel Bryan; Ball Is in Heart Break Kid’s Court
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 6, 2014 1:50 PM EST
WWE Legend Shawn Michaels could come out of his retirement and face his protégé Daniel Bryan in an intriguing match-up at Wrestlemania 30, according to a source close to situation.
Michaels, who has already put his name in the WWE Hall of Fame after carving a name as one of the greatest performers in entertainment wrestling history, could make his comeback against the man he trained and 'groomed' to be a champion - Daniel Bryan.
WWE COO Triple H could make Shawn Michaels vs. Daniel Bryan match
In a report by Bleacher Report WWE beat writer Joe Johnson, the WWE are reportedly pushing hard to get 'HBK' out of his retirement and set a stage a very intriguing showdown at the upcoming Wrestlemania XXX.
"Shawn Michaels' increased involvement in the storyline with Daniel Bryan isn't an accident. According to a PWInsider report (h/t Wrestle Zone), WWE wants the Heart Break Kid to come out of retirement for a big match at WrestleMania XXX against their hottest rising star," Johnsson stated.
"According to the report, the ball is "completely in his court" regarding the comeback. Michaels obviously takes his retirement match he had against the Undertaker seriously and wouldn't consider breaking that commitment easily," he added.
The Inquisitr also confirmed rumours about the potential Michaels-Bryan showdown at the grandest stage of them all, though they stressed that the dream match remains uncertain up to this point.
"WrestleMania 30 is also supposed to be hosting Triple H vs. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs. Shawn Michaels, although nothing has been confirmed," Inquisitr said.
Master vs. Protégé
As Johnson stated, the blueprint has been laid down for a very interesting rivalry between the master and protégé. Michaels, who was picked by the fans to become the referee of Hell-in-a-Cell title match between the Flying Goat and the Viper Randy Orton, cost Bryan the chance to reclaim the WWE Championship gold after hitting the Sweet Chin Music on him in the telling point of the match.
Bryan has brought the fight to Michaels after that, putting the Hall of Fame wrestler in the Yes! Lock and hitting a running knee in the closing portion of WWE Slammy Awards on Monday night Raw.
For wrestling fans, the fight between Michaels and Bryan will be one of the biggest non-title matches WWE can make aside from the Undertaker bouts.
For WWE and Wrestlemania XXX news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’