Lamar Odom's Slim Chance of Getting NBA Career Back
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 6, 2014 1:47 PM EST
An uncertainty remains to dangle over Lamar Odom's future in the NBA. Reports say that Lamar could be close to signing with the Los Angeles Clippers. However, a recent turn of events has even made Lamar's chance of getting a shot back at the premiere basketball league even duller and slimmer.
The recent injury that Clippers star point guard Chris Paul had on Jan 3 is apparently the reason why there is now a little opportunity for the basketball team to even consider Lamar in their roster, as reported by Hollywood Life. Prior to Chris Paul's injury, the Clippers team had room for another big guy in their lineup - but not anymore now.
"All their injuries this year have been mostly with their smaller players," a source tells Hollywood Life.
So they have to fill those holes on the team," the source added.
Lamar continues to struggle with his life. His wife Khloe Kardashian has already filed a divorce from him. The last thing that Lamar would probably want right now is another dilemma concerning the future of his basketball career.
Despite the fact that things aren't going smoothly for the basketball player, Lamar remains affirmative to get his life back on track, following his divorce. "He wants to love his family, be a son," said the source. "And never, ever go to the dark side again," added the source.
Lamar's life might be filled with those people who want to bring him down, but it is also filled with those who are concerned about his life and overall wellbeing. It is really a matter of picking the right friends. Lamar has to spend time with only the persons that can help him to become his best self.
What is important is that Lamar is checking his compass to ensure that he's headed to the right direction. It shouldn't be too late for him. If he's focused on getting his life back on track, he should be able to find a way to get his basketball career, and who knows, his love life back.
MORE on LAMAR ODOM:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]