New Samsung Galaxy S5 Concept Image Borrows Nokia Design
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 6, 2014 12:43 PM EST
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 concept image that emerged online is reminiscent of a Nokia Lumia smartphone.
The latest render is designed by Deviantart user ArgjentGigollaj. According to the post, the concept packs a 5-inch Super AMOLED, Full HD screen display and the latest quad-core Snapdragon 805 chipset.
Other features include a 13 MP rear camera, 128 GB internal storage with microSD slot for external storage, 3,000 mAh removable Li-on battery and a revamped TouchWiz UI. The smartphone's built is rectangular but its edges are curved.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 concept image shows off a sophisticated design further enhanced by its new user interface as well as the brand new app shown, called S Mail.
The handset also boasts a metallic casing, which is not far from being impossible as ETNews reported recently that the metallic prototype of the device was developed in Europe and then transferred to Vietnam for mass production. This is backed up by earlier reports that Samsung was starting a production line in Vietnam for the metal cases of Samsung Galaxy S5.
Samsung still has not confirmed the specs of the Galaxy S5 but it hinted on its possible features such as qHD screen displays with 2,560 x 1,440 pixel resolution; 64-bit Exynos octa-core processor and iris scanner. Rumours also suggest that Samsung's new flagship phone will come with 16 MP ISOCELL back camera and 4 MP front-facing camera, 3 GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and longer battery life. It is still unverified if the Samsung Galaxy S5 will come with the latest version of Android 4.4 Kitkat OS or if it will run with the new Tizen OS as some rumours suggest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery