Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 Release Date at CES 2014; Features Include Exynos Octa Core CPU and 2K Display?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 6, 2014 12:05 PM EST
Android 4.2.2 official update has released for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
Samsung absolutely has its plate full, as it is working on a number of tablets bound to arrive at upcoming tech events. One of these tablets is the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (SM-T520), which was recently spotted on AnTuTu benchmarks, SamMobile reports.
The leaked benchmarks revealed that the said tablet will pack a 10.1-inch display featuring a resolution of 2,560 x 1,600 pixels. Moreover, it will be powered by an octa-core Exynos 5420 chipset with a clock speed of 1.9 GHz and Mali-T628 GPU.
Samsung is expected to introduce the octa-core chip at the CES that will be powering its future devices. Moreover, the company first hinted that it is working on qHD displays with the aforementioned pixel resolution.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 features also include 2 GB RAM, 8 MP rear camera for photos and videos, 2 MP front-facing camera, Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box . The rumoured upcoming table has also been reported to include 32 GB internal memory, but consumers may also expect the tablet to arrive in at least one more storage variant. Consumers are also hoping that the tablet will pack an AMOLED display. However, Samsung has not confirmed any of these rumours yet.
The Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 is rumoured to be released alongside other Samsung tablets - Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite. All tablets will come in both Wi-Fi-only and cellular configurations. The Pro models will most likely get LTE support and the low cost Galaxy Tab 3 Lite may support 3G connectivity.
These tablets, previously reported to be released in February at the Mobile World Congress, are rumoured to be launched early this year with prices starting at $150.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional