Lorde Praises Taylor Swift: 'I’m so in awe of her ability, it’s insane.'
By Diadem Pambid | January 6, 2014 11:35 AM EST
Obviously, things are going great between Lorde and Taylor Swift despite having started out on the wrong foot. After attending Swift's 24th birthday party, Lorde has nothing but great things to say about the country crooner. In fact in a recent interview, the Kiwi singer praised Swift calling her a "good performer."
Singer Lorde performs "Royals" at The Grammy Nominations Concert Live - Countdown to Music's Biggest Night event at Nokia theatre in Los Angeles.
Back in 2013, Lorde was making waves for her hit single "Royals." The 16-year old singer continues to make waves even in the New Year with David Bowie calling her the "Voice of Tomorrow." However, if there is one other Hollywood singer Lorde looks up to it would be none other than Taylor Swift.
"She is so good as a performer. I don't think people realize how difficult a stadium is to perform in. You have to change how you move and how you talk to accommodate that scale, and she is SO good at that. It feels natural when she does it. I'm so in awe of her ability, it's insane," said Lorde in an interview with MTV.
Ironically, things didn't start out so well between Lorde and TSwift. It all started out with a misunderstood statement that "Swifties" had dubbed as a diss for their beloved singer.
"Taylor Swift is so flawless, and so unattainable, and I don't think it's breeding anything good in young girls [who might think] 'I'm never going to be like Taylor Swift, why can't I be as pretty as Lorde?' That's f--king bulls-t," said Lorde in her Metro Magazine interview.
Of course, leave it to the New Zealand native to explain her "insult."
"what i meant was: there's a lot of importance placed on physical perfection in this industry, and i wish my favourite stars didn't look perfect because i think fans (me included) have these feelings of worthlessness, like they'll never be as pretty/talented/whatever, as a result of this intense photoshop culture and the endless strive for perfection. ts was the first person i thought of, which i regret," explained Lorde.
"she happens to be good looking, but i think she actually uses her other imperfections in an incredibly powerful and relatable way. taylor swift has a very unique vision, which i admire. i think somewhere along the line also there was a misquote where people got the impression i thought writing about love was shameful. i don't! i just haven't found a way of doing it which is powerful and innovative, which is why i don't," continued the "Royals" singer.
With the past in the past, things are going good between Lorde and Swift. In fact, these two are becoming quite the BFF's having been spotted together on countless occasions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows