Lorde Praises Taylor Swift: 'I’m so in awe of her ability, it’s insane.'
By Diadem Pambid | January 6, 2014 11:35 AM EST
Obviously, things are going great between Lorde and Taylor Swift despite having started out on the wrong foot. After attending Swift's 24th birthday party, Lorde has nothing but great things to say about the country crooner. In fact in a recent interview, the Kiwi singer praised Swift calling her a "good performer."
Singer Lorde performs "Royals" at The Grammy Nominations Concert Live - Countdown to Music's Biggest Night event at Nokia theatre in Los Angeles.
Back in 2013, Lorde was making waves for her hit single "Royals." The 16-year old singer continues to make waves even in the New Year with David Bowie calling her the "Voice of Tomorrow." However, if there is one other Hollywood singer Lorde looks up to it would be none other than Taylor Swift.
"She is so good as a performer. I don't think people realize how difficult a stadium is to perform in. You have to change how you move and how you talk to accommodate that scale, and she is SO good at that. It feels natural when she does it. I'm so in awe of her ability, it's insane," said Lorde in an interview with MTV.
Ironically, things didn't start out so well between Lorde and TSwift. It all started out with a misunderstood statement that "Swifties" had dubbed as a diss for their beloved singer.
"Taylor Swift is so flawless, and so unattainable, and I don't think it's breeding anything good in young girls [who might think] 'I'm never going to be like Taylor Swift, why can't I be as pretty as Lorde?' That's f--king bulls-t," said Lorde in her Metro Magazine interview.
Of course, leave it to the New Zealand native to explain her "insult."
"what i meant was: there's a lot of importance placed on physical perfection in this industry, and i wish my favourite stars didn't look perfect because i think fans (me included) have these feelings of worthlessness, like they'll never be as pretty/talented/whatever, as a result of this intense photoshop culture and the endless strive for perfection. ts was the first person i thought of, which i regret," explained Lorde.
"she happens to be good looking, but i think she actually uses her other imperfections in an incredibly powerful and relatable way. taylor swift has a very unique vision, which i admire. i think somewhere along the line also there was a misquote where people got the impression i thought writing about love was shameful. i don't! i just haven't found a way of doing it which is powerful and innovative, which is why i don't," continued the "Royals" singer.
With the past in the past, things are going good between Lorde and Swift. In fact, these two are becoming quite the BFF's having been spotted together on countless occasions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe