Lorde Praises Taylor Swift: 'I’m so in awe of her ability, it’s insane.'
By Diadem Pambid | January 6, 2014 11:35 AM EST
Obviously, things are going great between Lorde and Taylor Swift despite having started out on the wrong foot. After attending Swift's 24th birthday party, Lorde has nothing but great things to say about the country crooner. In fact in a recent interview, the Kiwi singer praised Swift calling her a "good performer."
Singer Lorde performs "Royals" at The Grammy Nominations Concert Live - Countdown to Music's Biggest Night event at Nokia theatre in Los Angeles.
Back in 2013, Lorde was making waves for her hit single "Royals." The 16-year old singer continues to make waves even in the New Year with David Bowie calling her the "Voice of Tomorrow." However, if there is one other Hollywood singer Lorde looks up to it would be none other than Taylor Swift.
"She is so good as a performer. I don't think people realize how difficult a stadium is to perform in. You have to change how you move and how you talk to accommodate that scale, and she is SO good at that. It feels natural when she does it. I'm so in awe of her ability, it's insane," said Lorde in an interview with MTV.
Ironically, things didn't start out so well between Lorde and TSwift. It all started out with a misunderstood statement that "Swifties" had dubbed as a diss for their beloved singer.
"Taylor Swift is so flawless, and so unattainable, and I don't think it's breeding anything good in young girls [who might think] 'I'm never going to be like Taylor Swift, why can't I be as pretty as Lorde?' That's f--king bulls-t," said Lorde in her Metro Magazine interview.
Of course, leave it to the New Zealand native to explain her "insult."
"what i meant was: there's a lot of importance placed on physical perfection in this industry, and i wish my favourite stars didn't look perfect because i think fans (me included) have these feelings of worthlessness, like they'll never be as pretty/talented/whatever, as a result of this intense photoshop culture and the endless strive for perfection. ts was the first person i thought of, which i regret," explained Lorde.
"she happens to be good looking, but i think she actually uses her other imperfections in an incredibly powerful and relatable way. taylor swift has a very unique vision, which i admire. i think somewhere along the line also there was a misquote where people got the impression i thought writing about love was shameful. i don't! i just haven't found a way of doing it which is powerful and innovative, which is why i don't," continued the "Royals" singer.
With the past in the past, things are going good between Lorde and Swift. In fact, these two are becoming quite the BFF's having been spotted together on countless occasions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health