Floyd Mayweather Next Fight: The Undefeated Boxer Clears Amir Khan’s Claim that a Contract to Fight Him Has Already Been Signed
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 6, 2014 10:54 AM EST
It is, understandably, in Floyd Mayweather's best interest to keep his next opponent a secret for the reason that the way he unveils the fight could help make the fight popular, particularly if Mayweather is able to get a lot of attention in the mass media, pretty much like what is happening right now. Until Mayweather announces his next opponent for his May 3rd fight, people can really just speculate and fighters, who wish to fight him, can only make a rumour.
The latest buzz circling around the boxing rumour mill is that British boxer Amir Khan has already signed a contract to fight Mayweather. Khan is allegedly just waiting for the Grand Rapids native to sign the said contract so that the fight can finally be concluded and settled.
In a recent interview with Fight Hype, Mayweather set the record straight and clarified the rumour. Mayweather has stated that he has not made any decisions yet regarding his next opponent for his upcoming fight. Mayweather also told Fight Hype that if indeed a fight contract has been signed, the details such as the prize money, weight division, and venue should also be revealed, in addition to the title at stake. The undefeated boxer could only wonder where the contract originated.
Thus, if Mayweather has not made a decision yet, it is extremely dubious that Khan really signed a contract to him.
Khan may be considered as one of the top contenders for Mayweather's next fight, but if truth be told, it is still unknown if Khan will really even get a shot to fight the biggest name in the boxing industry.
Mayweather's next fight is going to be his third in a series of six-fight-deal with Showtime. The undefeated boxer is keen on having a fight that will bring huge pay-per-view sales. Is a fight between Mayweather and Khan going to be successful? What are your thoughts?
MORE BOXING NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers