Floyd Mayweather Next Fight: The Undefeated Boxer Clears Amir Khan’s Claim that a Contract to Fight Him Has Already Been Signed
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 6, 2014 10:54 AM EST
It is, understandably, in Floyd Mayweather's best interest to keep his next opponent a secret for the reason that the way he unveils the fight could help make the fight popular, particularly if Mayweather is able to get a lot of attention in the mass media, pretty much like what is happening right now. Until Mayweather announces his next opponent for his May 3rd fight, people can really just speculate and fighters, who wish to fight him, can only make a rumour.
The latest buzz circling around the boxing rumour mill is that British boxer Amir Khan has already signed a contract to fight Mayweather. Khan is allegedly just waiting for the Grand Rapids native to sign the said contract so that the fight can finally be concluded and settled.
In a recent interview with Fight Hype, Mayweather set the record straight and clarified the rumour. Mayweather has stated that he has not made any decisions yet regarding his next opponent for his upcoming fight. Mayweather also told Fight Hype that if indeed a fight contract has been signed, the details such as the prize money, weight division, and venue should also be revealed, in addition to the title at stake. The undefeated boxer could only wonder where the contract originated.
Thus, if Mayweather has not made a decision yet, it is extremely dubious that Khan really signed a contract to him.
Khan may be considered as one of the top contenders for Mayweather's next fight, but if truth be told, it is still unknown if Khan will really even get a shot to fight the biggest name in the boxing industry.
Mayweather's next fight is going to be his third in a series of six-fight-deal with Showtime. The undefeated boxer is keen on having a fight that will bring huge pay-per-view sales. Is a fight between Mayweather and Khan going to be successful? What are your thoughts?
MORE BOXING NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L