Floyd Mayweather Next Fight: The Undefeated Boxer Clears Amir Khan’s Claim that a Contract to Fight Him Has Already Been Signed
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 6, 2014 10:54 AM EST
It is, understandably, in Floyd Mayweather's best interest to keep his next opponent a secret for the reason that the way he unveils the fight could help make the fight popular, particularly if Mayweather is able to get a lot of attention in the mass media, pretty much like what is happening right now. Until Mayweather announces his next opponent for his May 3rd fight, people can really just speculate and fighters, who wish to fight him, can only make a rumour.
The latest buzz circling around the boxing rumour mill is that British boxer Amir Khan has already signed a contract to fight Mayweather. Khan is allegedly just waiting for the Grand Rapids native to sign the said contract so that the fight can finally be concluded and settled.
In a recent interview with Fight Hype, Mayweather set the record straight and clarified the rumour. Mayweather has stated that he has not made any decisions yet regarding his next opponent for his upcoming fight. Mayweather also told Fight Hype that if indeed a fight contract has been signed, the details such as the prize money, weight division, and venue should also be revealed, in addition to the title at stake. The undefeated boxer could only wonder where the contract originated.
Thus, if Mayweather has not made a decision yet, it is extremely dubious that Khan really signed a contract to him.
Khan may be considered as one of the top contenders for Mayweather's next fight, but if truth be told, it is still unknown if Khan will really even get a shot to fight the biggest name in the boxing industry.
Mayweather's next fight is going to be his third in a series of six-fight-deal with Showtime. The undefeated boxer is keen on having a fight that will bring huge pay-per-view sales. Is a fight between Mayweather and Khan going to be successful? What are your thoughts?
MORE BOXING NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates