Floyd Mayweather Next Fight: The Undefeated Boxer Clears Amir Khan’s Claim that a Contract to Fight Him Has Already Been Signed
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 6, 2014 10:54 AM EST
It is, understandably, in Floyd Mayweather's best interest to keep his next opponent a secret for the reason that the way he unveils the fight could help make the fight popular, particularly if Mayweather is able to get a lot of attention in the mass media, pretty much like what is happening right now. Until Mayweather announces his next opponent for his May 3rd fight, people can really just speculate and fighters, who wish to fight him, can only make a rumour.
The latest buzz circling around the boxing rumour mill is that British boxer Amir Khan has already signed a contract to fight Mayweather. Khan is allegedly just waiting for the Grand Rapids native to sign the said contract so that the fight can finally be concluded and settled.
In a recent interview with Fight Hype, Mayweather set the record straight and clarified the rumour. Mayweather has stated that he has not made any decisions yet regarding his next opponent for his upcoming fight. Mayweather also told Fight Hype that if indeed a fight contract has been signed, the details such as the prize money, weight division, and venue should also be revealed, in addition to the title at stake. The undefeated boxer could only wonder where the contract originated.
Thus, if Mayweather has not made a decision yet, it is extremely dubious that Khan really signed a contract to him.
Khan may be considered as one of the top contenders for Mayweather's next fight, but if truth be told, it is still unknown if Khan will really even get a shot to fight the biggest name in the boxing industry.
Mayweather's next fight is going to be his third in a series of six-fight-deal with Showtime. The undefeated boxer is keen on having a fight that will bring huge pay-per-view sales. Is a fight between Mayweather and Khan going to be successful? What are your thoughts?
MORE BOXING NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance