Floyd Mayweather Next Fight: The Undefeated Boxer Clears Amir Khan’s Claim that a Contract to Fight Him Has Already Been Signed
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 6, 2014 10:54 AM EST
It is, understandably, in Floyd Mayweather's best interest to keep his next opponent a secret for the reason that the way he unveils the fight could help make the fight popular, particularly if Mayweather is able to get a lot of attention in the mass media, pretty much like what is happening right now. Until Mayweather announces his next opponent for his May 3rd fight, people can really just speculate and fighters, who wish to fight him, can only make a rumour.
The latest buzz circling around the boxing rumour mill is that British boxer Amir Khan has already signed a contract to fight Mayweather. Khan is allegedly just waiting for the Grand Rapids native to sign the said contract so that the fight can finally be concluded and settled.
In a recent interview with Fight Hype, Mayweather set the record straight and clarified the rumour. Mayweather has stated that he has not made any decisions yet regarding his next opponent for his upcoming fight. Mayweather also told Fight Hype that if indeed a fight contract has been signed, the details such as the prize money, weight division, and venue should also be revealed, in addition to the title at stake. The undefeated boxer could only wonder where the contract originated.
Thus, if Mayweather has not made a decision yet, it is extremely dubious that Khan really signed a contract to him.
Khan may be considered as one of the top contenders for Mayweather's next fight, but if truth be told, it is still unknown if Khan will really even get a shot to fight the biggest name in the boxing industry.
Mayweather's next fight is going to be his third in a series of six-fight-deal with Showtime. The undefeated boxer is keen on having a fight that will bring huge pay-per-view sales. Is a fight between Mayweather and Khan going to be successful? What are your thoughts?
MORE BOXING NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People