Paul Walker Rumoured to be Given Sainthood by Pope Francis
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | January 6, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Rumour says the Pope Francis is going to canonise, or declare a saint, the late Paul Walker.
The late "Fast and Furious" star may well receive the highly respectable title from the Catholic Church, according to Vatican City journalist Theodorus Philetas. Guardian Liberty Voice reports that Pope Francis is one of those leaders who seek to find inspiration from common people in order to guide the church. The Holy See sources say that Francis has asked Cardinal Armato to start an investigation.
The canonisation of Paul Walker may, however, not be a path of roses. The first obstacle will possibly be the Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, Cardinal Armato's formal report. According to critics, Paul Walker to be declared as a Roman Catholic Saint seems extremely improbable. Some of these critics find it to be another "erratic" behaviour of Pope Francis who has already been harshly criticised for his liberal ways in "reforming" the church.
Rush Limbaugh, the well-known conservative leader, has earlier complained Francis to be following Marxism. He has announced that the Pope "doesn't know what he is talking about.". Mr Limbaugh was particularly disappointed when Francis asked the rich to share their wealth among the poor. Many U.S. conservatives agree with Mr Limbaugh on Pope Francis' ways of dealing with things.
On the contrary, several conservatives have shown unexpected support on the issue of the canonisation of Paul Walker. Commentator Pat Buchanan finds the decision much more agreeable than what he calls "social justice nonsense." Mr Buchanan believes Walker to have been a hard-working example of the values of the United States.
Meanwhile, Paul Walker fans have already welcomed the idea of honouring Walker with sainthood. For Kyle Upham who served in Iraq as a soldier, Walker may already have been a saint. Walker overheard that he could not afford a $9,000 engagement ring for his fiancée while they were in a jewelry store. Walker then informed the manager to prepare the bill for his account and quietly left the place. Walker did not know Upham. Upham was also not sure about who paid for the ring until after Walker's untimely death when a staff from the store revealed it all.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 'Suits' Season 4 Spoilers: 'Litt Up' Consequences in Summer Finale; Cliffhanger Awaits, Says Series Creator [Watch Suits 4x10 Promo Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch