Paul Walker Rumoured to be Given Sainthood by Pope Francis
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | January 6, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Rumour says the Pope Francis is going to canonise, or declare a saint, the late Paul Walker.
The late "Fast and Furious" star may well receive the highly respectable title from the Catholic Church, according to Vatican City journalist Theodorus Philetas. Guardian Liberty Voice reports that Pope Francis is one of those leaders who seek to find inspiration from common people in order to guide the church. The Holy See sources say that Francis has asked Cardinal Armato to start an investigation.
The canonisation of Paul Walker may, however, not be a path of roses. The first obstacle will possibly be the Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, Cardinal Armato's formal report. According to critics, Paul Walker to be declared as a Roman Catholic Saint seems extremely improbable. Some of these critics find it to be another "erratic" behaviour of Pope Francis who has already been harshly criticised for his liberal ways in "reforming" the church.
Rush Limbaugh, the well-known conservative leader, has earlier complained Francis to be following Marxism. He has announced that the Pope "doesn't know what he is talking about.". Mr Limbaugh was particularly disappointed when Francis asked the rich to share their wealth among the poor. Many U.S. conservatives agree with Mr Limbaugh on Pope Francis' ways of dealing with things.
On the contrary, several conservatives have shown unexpected support on the issue of the canonisation of Paul Walker. Commentator Pat Buchanan finds the decision much more agreeable than what he calls "social justice nonsense." Mr Buchanan believes Walker to have been a hard-working example of the values of the United States.
Meanwhile, Paul Walker fans have already welcomed the idea of honouring Walker with sainthood. For Kyle Upham who served in Iraq as a soldier, Walker may already have been a saint. Walker overheard that he could not afford a $9,000 engagement ring for his fiancée while they were in a jewelry store. Walker then informed the manager to prepare the bill for his account and quietly left the place. Walker did not know Upham. Upham was also not sure about who paid for the ring until after Walker's untimely death when a staff from the store revealed it all.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks