Paul Walker Rumoured to be Given Sainthood by Pope Francis
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | January 6, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Rumour says the Pope Francis is going to canonise, or declare a saint, the late Paul Walker.
The late "Fast and Furious" star may well receive the highly respectable title from the Catholic Church, according to Vatican City journalist Theodorus Philetas. Guardian Liberty Voice reports that Pope Francis is one of those leaders who seek to find inspiration from common people in order to guide the church. The Holy See sources say that Francis has asked Cardinal Armato to start an investigation.
The canonisation of Paul Walker may, however, not be a path of roses. The first obstacle will possibly be the Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, Cardinal Armato's formal report. According to critics, Paul Walker to be declared as a Roman Catholic Saint seems extremely improbable. Some of these critics find it to be another "erratic" behaviour of Pope Francis who has already been harshly criticised for his liberal ways in "reforming" the church.
Rush Limbaugh, the well-known conservative leader, has earlier complained Francis to be following Marxism. He has announced that the Pope "doesn't know what he is talking about.". Mr Limbaugh was particularly disappointed when Francis asked the rich to share their wealth among the poor. Many U.S. conservatives agree with Mr Limbaugh on Pope Francis' ways of dealing with things.
On the contrary, several conservatives have shown unexpected support on the issue of the canonisation of Paul Walker. Commentator Pat Buchanan finds the decision much more agreeable than what he calls "social justice nonsense." Mr Buchanan believes Walker to have been a hard-working example of the values of the United States.
Meanwhile, Paul Walker fans have already welcomed the idea of honouring Walker with sainthood. For Kyle Upham who served in Iraq as a soldier, Walker may already have been a saint. Walker overheard that he could not afford a $9,000 engagement ring for his fiancée while they were in a jewelry store. Walker then informed the manager to prepare the bill for his account and quietly left the place. Walker did not know Upham. Upham was also not sure about who paid for the ring until after Walker's untimely death when a staff from the store revealed it all.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS