Paul Walker Rumoured to be Given Sainthood by Pope Francis
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | January 6, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Rumour says the Pope Francis is going to canonise, or declare a saint, the late Paul Walker.
The late "Fast and Furious" star may well receive the highly respectable title from the Catholic Church, according to Vatican City journalist Theodorus Philetas. Guardian Liberty Voice reports that Pope Francis is one of those leaders who seek to find inspiration from common people in order to guide the church. The Holy See sources say that Francis has asked Cardinal Armato to start an investigation.
The canonisation of Paul Walker may, however, not be a path of roses. The first obstacle will possibly be the Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, Cardinal Armato's formal report. According to critics, Paul Walker to be declared as a Roman Catholic Saint seems extremely improbable. Some of these critics find it to be another "erratic" behaviour of Pope Francis who has already been harshly criticised for his liberal ways in "reforming" the church.
Rush Limbaugh, the well-known conservative leader, has earlier complained Francis to be following Marxism. He has announced that the Pope "doesn't know what he is talking about.". Mr Limbaugh was particularly disappointed when Francis asked the rich to share their wealth among the poor. Many U.S. conservatives agree with Mr Limbaugh on Pope Francis' ways of dealing with things.
On the contrary, several conservatives have shown unexpected support on the issue of the canonisation of Paul Walker. Commentator Pat Buchanan finds the decision much more agreeable than what he calls "social justice nonsense." Mr Buchanan believes Walker to have been a hard-working example of the values of the United States.
Meanwhile, Paul Walker fans have already welcomed the idea of honouring Walker with sainthood. For Kyle Upham who served in Iraq as a soldier, Walker may already have been a saint. Walker overheard that he could not afford a $9,000 engagement ring for his fiancée while they were in a jewelry store. Walker then informed the manager to prepare the bill for his account and quietly left the place. Walker did not know Upham. Upham was also not sure about who paid for the ring until after Walker's untimely death when a staff from the store revealed it all.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar