Paul Walker Rumoured to be Given Sainthood by Pope Francis
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | January 6, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Rumour says the Pope Francis is going to canonise, or declare a saint, the late Paul Walker.
The late "Fast and Furious" star may well receive the highly respectable title from the Catholic Church, according to Vatican City journalist Theodorus Philetas. Guardian Liberty Voice reports that Pope Francis is one of those leaders who seek to find inspiration from common people in order to guide the church. The Holy See sources say that Francis has asked Cardinal Armato to start an investigation.
The canonisation of Paul Walker may, however, not be a path of roses. The first obstacle will possibly be the Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, Cardinal Armato's formal report. According to critics, Paul Walker to be declared as a Roman Catholic Saint seems extremely improbable. Some of these critics find it to be another "erratic" behaviour of Pope Francis who has already been harshly criticised for his liberal ways in "reforming" the church.
Rush Limbaugh, the well-known conservative leader, has earlier complained Francis to be following Marxism. He has announced that the Pope "doesn't know what he is talking about.". Mr Limbaugh was particularly disappointed when Francis asked the rich to share their wealth among the poor. Many U.S. conservatives agree with Mr Limbaugh on Pope Francis' ways of dealing with things.
On the contrary, several conservatives have shown unexpected support on the issue of the canonisation of Paul Walker. Commentator Pat Buchanan finds the decision much more agreeable than what he calls "social justice nonsense." Mr Buchanan believes Walker to have been a hard-working example of the values of the United States.
Meanwhile, Paul Walker fans have already welcomed the idea of honouring Walker with sainthood. For Kyle Upham who served in Iraq as a soldier, Walker may already have been a saint. Walker overheard that he could not afford a $9,000 engagement ring for his fiancée while they were in a jewelry store. Walker then informed the manager to prepare the bill for his account and quietly left the place. Walker did not know Upham. Upham was also not sure about who paid for the ring until after Walker's untimely death when a staff from the store revealed it all.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy