FA Cup Preview: Liverpool vs Oldham Athletic Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 5, 2014 3:39 PM EST
Liverpool will want to avoid another cupset when they host Oldham Athletic, the team that stunned the Reds last January, in the FA Cup third round.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 3pm GMT (8.30 pm IST) start with no live coverage on any of the Star Sports networks in India. Viewers from across the world can listen to the action via live streaming online courtesy LFC TV HERE.
Chelsea defencer Cesar Azplicueta challenges Liverpool forward Luis Suarez during their English Premier League game, December 29. Reuters
Most Reds fans will want to forget what transpired last season in the FA Cup against Oldham, when the League one side pulled off an incredible 3-2 victory at Boundary Park.
Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, who of course, was not a part of the squad for that loss, is wary of complacency against Oldham, who like last time will go all out for another big win.
"For them it is already a cup final," Mignolet told the Liverpool Echo. "It is already a big game for them to look forward to and they will come here and try to show everyone what they can do at a ground like Anfield.
"We have to make sure we are professional and do a job. We want to win any game. It doesn't make any difference whether it is the FA Cup, Capital One Cup or any other games -- we try to step on and prepare ourselves and make sure we get out of the game what we can get out of it.
"I would always watch the FA Cup finals growing up in Belgium. It is a very important competition. It is a big opportunity as you can play at Wembley but that is far ahead of us.
"The next game is the most important one and before you get to that stage you have to win a lot of games and against Oldham it won't be an easy game. We have to prepare in a professional manner and make sure we are ready for it when it comes along."
Oldham are in a terrible run of form at the moment, having failed to taste victory in their last six games and are lying precariously close to the bottom of the League One table.
Anything can happen in the FA Cup, though, as Oldham showed last season, and one player in particular will be keen to get one over Liverpool. The match will witness a rare occurrence with Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers set to come up against his son Anton.
"I've told him how we were the highest scorers in the Premier League last year and how Anfield is a fortress and I look forward to seeing him," Brendan said with a smile.
"I have to get the team to keep an eye on him because he's a good player: he's got quality, he has a great view of the game and he's a footballer. But I will want the players to pay attention too because the footballing gods sometimes come into it as well. With the footballing gods, he could end up getting a goal."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28