FA Cup Preview: Liverpool vs Oldham Athletic Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 5, 2014 3:39 PM EST
Liverpool will want to avoid another cupset when they host Oldham Athletic, the team that stunned the Reds last January, in the FA Cup third round.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 3pm GMT (8.30 pm IST) start with no live coverage on any of the Star Sports networks in India. Viewers from across the world can listen to the action via live streaming online courtesy LFC TV HERE.
Chelsea defencer Cesar Azplicueta challenges Liverpool forward Luis Suarez during their English Premier League game, December 29. Reuters
Most Reds fans will want to forget what transpired last season in the FA Cup against Oldham, when the League one side pulled off an incredible 3-2 victory at Boundary Park.
Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, who of course, was not a part of the squad for that loss, is wary of complacency against Oldham, who like last time will go all out for another big win.
"For them it is already a cup final," Mignolet told the Liverpool Echo. "It is already a big game for them to look forward to and they will come here and try to show everyone what they can do at a ground like Anfield.
"We have to make sure we are professional and do a job. We want to win any game. It doesn't make any difference whether it is the FA Cup, Capital One Cup or any other games -- we try to step on and prepare ourselves and make sure we get out of the game what we can get out of it.
"I would always watch the FA Cup finals growing up in Belgium. It is a very important competition. It is a big opportunity as you can play at Wembley but that is far ahead of us.
"The next game is the most important one and before you get to that stage you have to win a lot of games and against Oldham it won't be an easy game. We have to prepare in a professional manner and make sure we are ready for it when it comes along."
Oldham are in a terrible run of form at the moment, having failed to taste victory in their last six games and are lying precariously close to the bottom of the League One table.
Anything can happen in the FA Cup, though, as Oldham showed last season, and one player in particular will be keen to get one over Liverpool. The match will witness a rare occurrence with Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers set to come up against his son Anton.
"I've told him how we were the highest scorers in the Premier League last year and how Anfield is a fortress and I look forward to seeing him," Brendan said with a smile.
"I have to get the team to keep an eye on him because he's a good player: he's got quality, he has a great view of the game and he's a footballer. But I will want the players to pay attention too because the footballing gods sometimes come into it as well. With the footballing gods, he could end up getting a goal."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]