FA Cup Preview: Liverpool vs Oldham Athletic Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 5, 2014 3:39 PM EST
Liverpool will want to avoid another cupset when they host Oldham Athletic, the team that stunned the Reds last January, in the FA Cup third round.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 3pm GMT (8.30 pm IST) start with no live coverage on any of the Star Sports networks in India. Viewers from across the world can listen to the action via live streaming online courtesy LFC TV HERE.
Chelsea defencer Cesar Azplicueta challenges Liverpool forward Luis Suarez during their English Premier League game, December 29. Reuters
Most Reds fans will want to forget what transpired last season in the FA Cup against Oldham, when the League one side pulled off an incredible 3-2 victory at Boundary Park.
Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, who of course, was not a part of the squad for that loss, is wary of complacency against Oldham, who like last time will go all out for another big win.
"For them it is already a cup final," Mignolet told the Liverpool Echo. "It is already a big game for them to look forward to and they will come here and try to show everyone what they can do at a ground like Anfield.
"We have to make sure we are professional and do a job. We want to win any game. It doesn't make any difference whether it is the FA Cup, Capital One Cup or any other games -- we try to step on and prepare ourselves and make sure we get out of the game what we can get out of it.
"I would always watch the FA Cup finals growing up in Belgium. It is a very important competition. It is a big opportunity as you can play at Wembley but that is far ahead of us.
"The next game is the most important one and before you get to that stage you have to win a lot of games and against Oldham it won't be an easy game. We have to prepare in a professional manner and make sure we are ready for it when it comes along."
Oldham are in a terrible run of form at the moment, having failed to taste victory in their last six games and are lying precariously close to the bottom of the League One table.
Anything can happen in the FA Cup, though, as Oldham showed last season, and one player in particular will be keen to get one over Liverpool. The match will witness a rare occurrence with Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers set to come up against his son Anton.
"I've told him how we were the highest scorers in the Premier League last year and how Anfield is a fortress and I look forward to seeing him," Brendan said with a smile.
"I have to get the team to keep an eye on him because he's a good player: he's got quality, he has a great view of the game and he's a footballer. But I will want the players to pay attention too because the footballing gods sometimes come into it as well. With the footballing gods, he could end up getting a goal."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group Stage: Puerto Rico vs. Argentina Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: France vs. Serbia Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Daley Blind Is 'Not Strong Enough' For The Premier League - Scholes
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How