FA Cup Where to Watch Live: Derby County vs Chelsea Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 5, 2014 3:30 PM EST
Chelsea will look for a tension-free FA Cup third round encounter when they visit Derby County on Sunday.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 2.15 pm GMT (7.45 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 in India. UK viewers can live stream the match HERE or HERE. To catch the action via live streaming in the US click HERE, with North Africa and Middle East viewers able to watch the match live online HERE. Australia and New Zealand viewers can catch the action HERE.
The Blues are finally looking like they have found their groove under Jose Mourinho, and having got themselves knocked out by Sunderland in the Capital One Cup, the who side, no doubt, will be keen to take the FA Cup adventure as far as possible this season.
"As a kid, in the time of black and white television, day after day, the English Cup final was one of the few matches I was waiting with my father and with some friends to see," Chelsea manager Mourinho said. "I have some memories of this fantastic feeling and of some smaller teams playing the final against some big clubs and always giving a real fight.
"Later on, working with Bobby Robson, I was always hearing him speaking about the good things in English football and the tradition of the FA Cup, so I got that feeling and certainly when I came here I played matches at Stamford Bridge against teams from the lower leagues and these teams were playing from the first minute without any fear, bringing thousands of fans to support them.
"It is unique because in Italy and Portugal I played cup matches with 3000 people in the stadium. In Spain because a cup tie is two matches, in the first match against a smaller team if we win three or four-nil then in the second match there is nobody in the stadium too. You come to England and every game is a big one, and it is a great competition."
The Derby game will be the last of the blink-and-you-miss-the-match festive period, and Mourinho is keen to finish the round of fixtures on a high.
"The next game after Derby is Hull next weekend, we don't have a game two days after," the Portuguese added.
"So we can have a day off on Monday and come back on Tuesday and prepare to play Saturday against Hull, so Derby is the last game of this crazy period and after that things come back to normality for a couple of weeks and I think the players are also keen to go with a strong side and tell our opponent we are going there with the maximum respect.
"Do we lose, do we win, who knows, but at least the message is we respect Derby and we go there with the best possible team."
Derby, under former England manager Steve McLaren, are doing pretty well in the Championship at the moment, and in Cup games like this against big opposition, the lesser-fancied side have nothing to lose, which in turn can work in their favour.
"It is almost like a free game for us, the pressure is off. We will obviously go out there and give our all to try and win the match," Derby striker Chris Martin told Rams Player. "We know we face a difficult task but the pressure is off us and we can go out there and try and show everybody that is watching how good a team we are.
"When one of these ties comes along the excitement builds, especially with the supporters when a Premier League side like Chelsea is coming down. It has got that buzz about it and we are hoping to show people what we are all about.
"There is no reason why we can't win this one, the FA Cup is known for a few fairy tales here and there and hopefully we can be part of one on Sunday. I have got a few good memories of the competition and I want to add another one of those on Sunday."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers