Maruti Suzuki A-Star Replacement to be Called Celerio in India :Report
By greeshma m | January 4, 2014 9:20 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's upcoming hatchback, codenamed YL7 aka A: Wind concept car, which made its first appearance at the Thailand International Motor Show in November is likely to be monikered as Celerio in the Indian market, suggested a new report.
Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest passenger car brand, has been rumoured to be developing an upgrade to the A-Star in the sub-continent market for quite some time. It was earlier reported that Maruti will replace its A-star in India with the recently showcased A: Wind.
According to a latest report of Auto Car India, A: Wind, which is getting ready to make its global debut at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014, will be called Suzuki Celerio in the international market. The report went on to add that the Suzuki Celerio is also likely to head to the Indian market as a replacement for both Maruti A-Star, and the company's discontinued model Estlilo.
The Celerio will be powered by 1.0 liter K-Series engine which can generate a maximum power of 67 bhp and peak torque of 90 Nm at 3500 RPM. The engine, which powers the Maruti Alto K10, currently offers fuel efficiency of 20.2 kmpl and is likely to be retuned for better mileage in Celerio the engine.
Talking about the design of Celerio, the car is likely to carry over some elements of the outgoing A-Star and is expected to accommodate luxurious features. The speculations are rife that Maruti will offer the next hatchback in both diesel and petrol options in India. Though Maruti is tight-lipped about the surprises at the Auto Expo, it is certain that the company is planning for a big 2014 with new cars.
Meanwhile, the folks at Motoroids have caught the Suzuki Celerio in India during a photoshoot. The car seemed to be ready to dazzle at Auto Expo 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6