Maruti Suzuki A-Star Replacement to be Called Celerio in India :Report
By greeshma m | January 4, 2014 9:20 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's upcoming hatchback, codenamed YL7 aka A: Wind concept car, which made its first appearance at the Thailand International Motor Show in November is likely to be monikered as Celerio in the Indian market, suggested a new report.
Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest passenger car brand, has been rumoured to be developing an upgrade to the A-Star in the sub-continent market for quite some time. It was earlier reported that Maruti will replace its A-star in India with the recently showcased A: Wind.
According to a latest report of Auto Car India, A: Wind, which is getting ready to make its global debut at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014, will be called Suzuki Celerio in the international market. The report went on to add that the Suzuki Celerio is also likely to head to the Indian market as a replacement for both Maruti A-Star, and the company's discontinued model Estlilo.
The Celerio will be powered by 1.0 liter K-Series engine which can generate a maximum power of 67 bhp and peak torque of 90 Nm at 3500 RPM. The engine, which powers the Maruti Alto K10, currently offers fuel efficiency of 20.2 kmpl and is likely to be retuned for better mileage in Celerio the engine.
Talking about the design of Celerio, the car is likely to carry over some elements of the outgoing A-Star and is expected to accommodate luxurious features. The speculations are rife that Maruti will offer the next hatchback in both diesel and petrol options in India. Though Maruti is tight-lipped about the surprises at the Auto Expo, it is certain that the company is planning for a big 2014 with new cars.
Meanwhile, the folks at Motoroids have caught the Suzuki Celerio in India during a photoshoot. The car seemed to be ready to dazzle at Auto Expo 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best