Maruti Suzuki A-Star Replacement to be Called Celerio in India :Report
By greeshma m | January 4, 2014 9:20 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's upcoming hatchback, codenamed YL7 aka A: Wind concept car, which made its first appearance at the Thailand International Motor Show in November is likely to be monikered as Celerio in the Indian market, suggested a new report.
Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest passenger car brand, has been rumoured to be developing an upgrade to the A-Star in the sub-continent market for quite some time. It was earlier reported that Maruti will replace its A-star in India with the recently showcased A: Wind.
According to a latest report of Auto Car India, A: Wind, which is getting ready to make its global debut at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014, will be called Suzuki Celerio in the international market. The report went on to add that the Suzuki Celerio is also likely to head to the Indian market as a replacement for both Maruti A-Star, and the company's discontinued model Estlilo.
The Celerio will be powered by 1.0 liter K-Series engine which can generate a maximum power of 67 bhp and peak torque of 90 Nm at 3500 RPM. The engine, which powers the Maruti Alto K10, currently offers fuel efficiency of 20.2 kmpl and is likely to be retuned for better mileage in Celerio the engine.
Talking about the design of Celerio, the car is likely to carry over some elements of the outgoing A-Star and is expected to accommodate luxurious features. The speculations are rife that Maruti will offer the next hatchback in both diesel and petrol options in India. Though Maruti is tight-lipped about the surprises at the Auto Expo, it is certain that the company is planning for a big 2014 with new cars.
Meanwhile, the folks at Motoroids have caught the Suzuki Celerio in India during a photoshoot. The car seemed to be ready to dazzle at Auto Expo 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge