Maruti Suzuki A-Star Replacement to be Called Celerio in India :Report
By greeshma m | January 4, 2014 9:20 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's upcoming hatchback, codenamed YL7 aka A: Wind concept car, which made its first appearance at the Thailand International Motor Show in November is likely to be monikered as Celerio in the Indian market, suggested a new report.
Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest passenger car brand, has been rumoured to be developing an upgrade to the A-Star in the sub-continent market for quite some time. It was earlier reported that Maruti will replace its A-star in India with the recently showcased A: Wind.
According to a latest report of Auto Car India, A: Wind, which is getting ready to make its global debut at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014, will be called Suzuki Celerio in the international market. The report went on to add that the Suzuki Celerio is also likely to head to the Indian market as a replacement for both Maruti A-Star, and the company's discontinued model Estlilo.
The Celerio will be powered by 1.0 liter K-Series engine which can generate a maximum power of 67 bhp and peak torque of 90 Nm at 3500 RPM. The engine, which powers the Maruti Alto K10, currently offers fuel efficiency of 20.2 kmpl and is likely to be retuned for better mileage in Celerio the engine.
Talking about the design of Celerio, the car is likely to carry over some elements of the outgoing A-Star and is expected to accommodate luxurious features. The speculations are rife that Maruti will offer the next hatchback in both diesel and petrol options in India. Though Maruti is tight-lipped about the surprises at the Auto Expo, it is certain that the company is planning for a big 2014 with new cars.
Meanwhile, the folks at Motoroids have caught the Suzuki Celerio in India during a photoshoot. The car seemed to be ready to dazzle at Auto Expo 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists