Maruti Suzuki A-Star Replacement to be Called Celerio in India :Report
By greeshma m | January 4, 2014 9:20 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's upcoming hatchback, codenamed YL7 aka A: Wind concept car, which made its first appearance at the Thailand International Motor Show in November is likely to be monikered as Celerio in the Indian market, suggested a new report.
Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest passenger car brand, has been rumoured to be developing an upgrade to the A-Star in the sub-continent market for quite some time. It was earlier reported that Maruti will replace its A-star in India with the recently showcased A: Wind.
According to a latest report of Auto Car India, A: Wind, which is getting ready to make its global debut at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014, will be called Suzuki Celerio in the international market. The report went on to add that the Suzuki Celerio is also likely to head to the Indian market as a replacement for both Maruti A-Star, and the company's discontinued model Estlilo.
The Celerio will be powered by 1.0 liter K-Series engine which can generate a maximum power of 67 bhp and peak torque of 90 Nm at 3500 RPM. The engine, which powers the Maruti Alto K10, currently offers fuel efficiency of 20.2 kmpl and is likely to be retuned for better mileage in Celerio the engine.
Talking about the design of Celerio, the car is likely to carry over some elements of the outgoing A-Star and is expected to accommodate luxurious features. The speculations are rife that Maruti will offer the next hatchback in both diesel and petrol options in India. Though Maruti is tight-lipped about the surprises at the Auto Expo, it is certain that the company is planning for a big 2014 with new cars.
Meanwhile, the folks at Motoroids have caught the Suzuki Celerio in India during a photoshoot. The car seemed to be ready to dazzle at Auto Expo 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop