Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Audio Release Date Revealed
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 4, 2014 8:05 PM EST
The audio of Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" (aka "Kochadaiyaan") is all set to be launched on 15 February.
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
"Kochadaiiyaan" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. The epic drama was expected to release in 2013, but it did not materialise for different reasons. Buzz is that the makers are gearing up to release the film soon. In a first step, the film's production house is planning to release the audio. Sony Music, which has acquired the audio rights of "Kochadaiiyaan" has been informed by Eros International (banner producing "Kochadaiiyaan") that the film's album will be released on 15 February, according to a report in The Times of India.
Generally, a film's trailer is also released along with the audio. However, it is not yet known whether the makers will be releaing the film's trailer during the audio launch.
It may be recalled that the "Kochadaiiyaan" team had released a single number from the album last year. The song "Engae Pogudho Vaanam", sung by SP Balasubramaniam, received good response from fans. It will be a real treat for them once the entire album, composed by Oscar winner AR Rahman, gets released next month.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is touted to be India's first 3D film that uses motion capturing techniques. The film has Rajinikanth appearing in a dual role - as a father and as a son. The other main cast members include Deepika Padukone, Jackie Shroff, Nassar, Sarath Kumar, Shobana and Aadhi.
Apart from Rajinikanth and AR Rahman, there are other big names involved in the film. Noted director-cinematographer Rajiv Menon is taking charge of the film's cinematography, whereas Anthony, who had worked in several big films in Tamil, is handling the editing work.
"Kochadaiiyaan", reportedly made on a budget of over 100 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and Media One Global Entertainment.
The Rajini starrer is expected to hit the screens on Tamil New Year Day, which falls on 14 April. However, there is no official confirmation on the same.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air