Nagaland Massacre: Decomposed Bodies Found Blindfolded, with Hands Tied at the back
By Karuna Chandwani | January 4, 2014 7:32 PM EST
In a shocking case of massacre, highly decomposed bodies of nine people were discovered by police officials in Dimapur district of north-east Indian state of Nagaland.
Bodies in plastic bags (Representational image)
As per a PTI report, the officials found the bodies buried on top of each other in a gorge near Chumukedima area of the district on Friday night.
The unidentified victims were found by the authorities with their hands tied at the back and blindfolded. The bodies were placed under boulders and had been covered with a blue polythene sheet.
Dimapur Superintendent of Police V Z Angami told the news agency that the victims had been shot from a close range on the heads. "All the bodies have clear bullet entry and exit wounds in the skull. We are investigating the incident," Angami told NDTV.
He added that the nine victims had been killed at least two weeks ago as the bodies were found decomposed beyond recognition.
However, the case was perplexing for the authorities as there had been no missing reports in any of the police stations under his jurisdiction.
The officials have not ruled out the possibility that the nine people were killed in some other place and their bodies dumped in the area.
It was labourers who had been working at the site near the gorge who first noticed a foul smell emanating from the area and some human feet visible.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans