Alok Nath is Happy About Being an Internet Sensation, Says Some Jokes are Really Funny
By Ankita Mehta | January 4, 2014 7:03 PM EST
Television and film actor Alok Nath has become an internet sensation, thanks to Twitter. The actor has been in news for about a week due to viral jokes and memes made on him.
Alok Nath [Facebook/alokmemes]
Nath has played the role of father who respects family values and believes in giving proper sanskaar (virtues). He has played the character of father in several films and television serials including "Maine Pyaar Kia", "Hum Saath Saath Hai", "Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum", "Vivah", "Taal", "Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai" and "Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli".
Two of his films "Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum" and "Hum Saath Saath Hain" were broadcasted on television and since then jokes based on the characters he played in the films started doing the rounds.
However, the actor is happy with the attention he is receiving. Nath said that initially he was little worried but later he enjoyed all the jokes.
"If somebody cracks jokes on you, it is not a pleasant thing. Initially I was perturbed, but some jokes were really funny that even I enjoyed it. I took it (jokes) in (positive) stride. I am looking forward to more," Nath told Press Trust of India.
When asked which joke he liked the most, Nath told PTI, "When Alok Nath was born, doctor said 'Bad haai ho, babuji huay hain!'; Alok Nath is so sanskari, ki uska ghar ka pressure cooker bhi seeti nahi Marta"
There are even memes based on the actor's character. A Facebook page, titled "Alok Nath Memes", has been posting the memes.
But Nath is apparently happy that people are spending time to create jokes on him.
Here are few jokes on actor:
Gabbar cuts off the hand of Alok Nath. His fallen hands are found doing Aarti"
When Alok Nath decides to get modern, he wears a dhoti with Zip"
@ShailSaa: Virat Kohli recently Joined Sanskar's Classes of Alok Nath after SA tour
@hackinayaz: Alok Nath convinced Sunny Leone to quit porn.!
@aur_chilla: Alok Nath once had a girlfriend. She used to fondly call him Babuji. :D
@viralramesh: People cut cakes on their b'day, #AlokNath cuts Mathura Ke Pede.
@Raooll: Alok Nath came out of his retirement when he was 5
@Try2StopME: #AlokNath gets a dog. He calls is 'Bowji'.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia