Alok Nath is Happy About Being an Internet Sensation, Says Some Jokes are Really Funny
By Ankita Mehta | January 4, 2014 7:03 PM EST
Television and film actor Alok Nath has become an internet sensation, thanks to Twitter. The actor has been in news for about a week due to viral jokes and memes made on him.
Alok Nath [Facebook/alokmemes]
Nath has played the role of father who respects family values and believes in giving proper sanskaar (virtues). He has played the character of father in several films and television serials including "Maine Pyaar Kia", "Hum Saath Saath Hai", "Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum", "Vivah", "Taal", "Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai" and "Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli".
Two of his films "Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum" and "Hum Saath Saath Hain" were broadcasted on television and since then jokes based on the characters he played in the films started doing the rounds.
However, the actor is happy with the attention he is receiving. Nath said that initially he was little worried but later he enjoyed all the jokes.
"If somebody cracks jokes on you, it is not a pleasant thing. Initially I was perturbed, but some jokes were really funny that even I enjoyed it. I took it (jokes) in (positive) stride. I am looking forward to more," Nath told Press Trust of India.
When asked which joke he liked the most, Nath told PTI, "When Alok Nath was born, doctor said 'Bad haai ho, babuji huay hain!'; Alok Nath is so sanskari, ki uska ghar ka pressure cooker bhi seeti nahi Marta"
There are even memes based on the actor's character. A Facebook page, titled "Alok Nath Memes", has been posting the memes.
But Nath is apparently happy that people are spending time to create jokes on him.
Here are few jokes on actor:
Gabbar cuts off the hand of Alok Nath. His fallen hands are found doing Aarti"
When Alok Nath decides to get modern, he wears a dhoti with Zip"
@ShailSaa: Virat Kohli recently Joined Sanskar's Classes of Alok Nath after SA tour
@hackinayaz: Alok Nath convinced Sunny Leone to quit porn.!
@aur_chilla: Alok Nath once had a girlfriend. She used to fondly call him Babuji. :D
@viralramesh: People cut cakes on their b'day, #AlokNath cuts Mathura Ke Pede.
@Raooll: Alok Nath came out of his retirement when he was 5
@Try2StopME: #AlokNath gets a dog. He calls is 'Bowji'.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies