Alok Nath is Happy About Being an Internet Sensation, Says Some Jokes are Really Funny
By Ankita Mehta | January 4, 2014 7:03 PM EST
Television and film actor Alok Nath has become an internet sensation, thanks to Twitter. The actor has been in news for about a week due to viral jokes and memes made on him.
Alok Nath [Facebook/alokmemes]
Nath has played the role of father who respects family values and believes in giving proper sanskaar (virtues). He has played the character of father in several films and television serials including "Maine Pyaar Kia", "Hum Saath Saath Hai", "Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum", "Vivah", "Taal", "Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai" and "Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli".
Two of his films "Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum" and "Hum Saath Saath Hain" were broadcasted on television and since then jokes based on the characters he played in the films started doing the rounds.
However, the actor is happy with the attention he is receiving. Nath said that initially he was little worried but later he enjoyed all the jokes.
"If somebody cracks jokes on you, it is not a pleasant thing. Initially I was perturbed, but some jokes were really funny that even I enjoyed it. I took it (jokes) in (positive) stride. I am looking forward to more," Nath told Press Trust of India.
When asked which joke he liked the most, Nath told PTI, "When Alok Nath was born, doctor said 'Bad haai ho, babuji huay hain!'; Alok Nath is so sanskari, ki uska ghar ka pressure cooker bhi seeti nahi Marta"
There are even memes based on the actor's character. A Facebook page, titled "Alok Nath Memes", has been posting the memes.
But Nath is apparently happy that people are spending time to create jokes on him.
Here are few jokes on actor:
Gabbar cuts off the hand of Alok Nath. His fallen hands are found doing Aarti"
When Alok Nath decides to get modern, he wears a dhoti with Zip"
@ShailSaa: Virat Kohli recently Joined Sanskar's Classes of Alok Nath after SA tour
@hackinayaz: Alok Nath convinced Sunny Leone to quit porn.!
@aur_chilla: Alok Nath once had a girlfriend. She used to fondly call him Babuji. :D
@viralramesh: People cut cakes on their b'day, #AlokNath cuts Mathura Ke Pede.
@Raooll: Alok Nath came out of his retirement when he was 5
@Try2StopME: #AlokNath gets a dog. He calls is 'Bowji'.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best