John Abraham’s New Year Wedding was Pre-Planned, Reveals Actor’s Father
By Arijita Bhowmik | January 4, 2014 6:03 PM EST
John Abraham surprised fans and the film fraternity with sudden news of his wedding to investment banker girlfriend Priya Runchal. But the affair was reportedly a pre-planned and private one.
John's New Year tweet caused quite a buzz when the actor referred to Priya as his wife in the post.
And now the actor's father, Abraham John has revealed that his son had indeed tied the knot with Priya in a courtroom marriage in Los Angeles, and that the union was planned beforehand.
"The New Year wedding was planned months in advance. It was entirely their decision...It was a court marriage registered with the local registrar in Los Angeles. We don't believe in any particular religion, ours is an extremely secular family which is why John and Priya decided to go for a court marriage," John's architect father told Mumbai Mirror.
John's director friend Shoojit Sircar told the tabloid that marriage had been in the actor's mind for long and he wanted it to be a strictly quiet affair.
"Both Priya and John are very private people and didn't want to make a big 'halla bol' about their marriage. During the filming of 'Madras Café' I understood his dilemma. He'd often wonder aloud how he should go about it. This (marriage) had been on the cards for a long time and I knew that when it happened. This was exactly how it would be, knowing John as well as I do," Sircar said.
The couple reportedly threw a party at the West LA estate after the union.
Meanwhile, John was spotted in Mumbai Airport as he returned from LA. Dressed casually, the "Madras Café" actor looked happy and radiant. Though he wasn't accompanied by Priya, the financial analyst will soon move to the country and settle down, informed John's father.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James