FA Cup Where to Watch Live: Blackburn Rovers vs Manchester City Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 4, 2014 4:23 PM EST
Not too long ago a clash between Blackburn Rovers and Manchester City would have seen the match start on an even keel, if not with the former installed as favourites.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 12.45 pm GMT (6.15 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD1. The match can also be live streamed online in India HERE. To catch the action in the UK go HERE or HERE, while US viewers can live stream the match HERE. Viewers can catch the match in North Africa and the Middle East HERE, while Australia and New Zealand viewers can watch live online HERE.
How times have changed. Blackburn find themselves struggling in the Championship, while Manchester City, having won the English Premier League title the year Blackburn got relegated, are again favoured to win the league this year.
So, when the two sides lock horns in the FA Cup third round, there will be one overwhelming favourite, and it will certainly not be the team playing in home colours at Ewood Park.
"It's an important competition and we want to win," City manager Manuel Pellegrini said. "I just talked with the players that it is an important test for us, not only for the team but also for individual performances -- maybe for some players that have the chance to play now in the FA Cup.
"It is a very important and very traditional cup here in England and I repeat what I said about the Capital One Cup. I know it's not the same cup, but both finish in Wembley and I think to finish in Wembley with a final, it is important for every team.
"It will be a difficult game. If we think that because we are in Premier League and they are in the Championship that we are going to win, I think it's an important mistake. I think all the teams playing at home are very difficult. Maybe Blackburn is not in the best moment or in the Championship, but I think that playing at home and playing against us, they will be very motivated and try to win.
"We must play with concentration, intensity and with the tempo we need if we want to win.
For Gary Bowyer it really is a nothing-to-lose tie, and with the match scheduled to take place at Ewood Park rather than at the Etihad, where City, finalists last season, have been unbeatable, the Blackburn manager, whose side shocked Arsenal in the FA Cup last season, sees a tiny speck of light at the end of the tunnel.
"I think only if it had been Manchester City at their place then it would have been a tougher one," Bowyer told Rovers Player. "You can look at it two ways, you can meet the challenge head on or you can sit back and worry about this player and that year.
"We've decided to go the other way and enjoy it and measure where we are against them and why not."
Team news: Blackburn: Todd Kane and Corry Evans are ruled out for Rovers, with David Dunn and Jason Lowe set to come back into contention.
"We'll see who is carrying one or two knocks and then we'll make a decision on that," Bowyer said. "You've got to be a little bit sensible if one or two are carrying niggles, but everybody wants to be part of it because it is a special game. It has been the best cure to some injuries that is for sure.
"Everybody wants to be available for it and we are really looking forward to it."
Manchester City: Sergio Aguero, Stevan Jovetic, Micah Richards, Martin Demichelis and Jack Rodwell are all sidelined, with Pellegrini set to rotate his squad as always.
Expected lineups: Blackburn: Eastwood; Marshall, Dann, Hanley, Spurr; Taylor, Williamson, Cairney, Gestede; Rhodes, Campbell.
Manchester City: Pantilimon; Boyata, Nastasic, Lescott, Clichy; Garcia, Fernandinho; Navas, Silva, Milner; Dzeko.
Prediction: 3-0 to Manchester City
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko