Brisbane International Tennis Where to Watch Live: Serena Williams vs Victoria Azarenka Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 4, 2014 3:36 PM EST
The two best women's tennis players in the world -- Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka - lock horns in what promises to be a can't-wait-to-see-this Brisbane International final on Saturday.
Williams, the world number one, and overwhelming favourite in whichever tournament she plays, got the better of Maria Sharapova in the semifinals on Friday, with the Russian, yet again, unable to find an answer to the American's power.
Despite being far from her best, especially in a close second set, where she was a break down, Williams showed the wherewithal to come back and eventually pull off a 6-2, 7-6 (7) victory.
"The quality of the match was very high, especially from Maria's end, so it was good for me to come up with a win in that match," Williams said on Friday. "We're both very strong returners, and personally I couldn't get a first serve in today. My first serve percentage was really low. I didn't serve nearly as well as I served in my first two matches. So that obviously played a little bit of a factor during the match today.
"But it was fun. Some of those points were really long and the intensity was so high. Maria was hitting extremely hard and I was retrieving a lot. So was she. My gosh, she was getting so many balls back."
Azarenka, seed second in the tournament behind Williams, was at her effective best in the earlier semifinal in Brisbane, fighting past veteran and fourth seed Jelena Jankovic 1-6, 6-3, 6-4.
"Jelena played really, really well in the first set -- I felt that I could have done better, but it's just the matter of getting that timing and really fighting through it," Azarenka said. "I was able to change it around in the second set.
"I really tried to apply the game I wanted to apply, whereas in the first set it was a little bit out, a little bit short. So I had to get into that timing because I felt I was doing the right thing. It wasn't the best execution, but she was playing some really good tennis out there."
Azarenka will now look to take those fighting qualities to the final against Williams, who holds a 13-3 record against her, even if the two players split four matches last year.
"It's a good rivalry. She's so intense on court, and off court she's so cool. So that's what makes the rivalry the best, is because when you step on the court I don't know her and she doesn't know me, and we fight like crazy," Williams said of her Belarusian opponent. "When it's over, it's over. There's a lot of mutual respect there."
Where to Watch Live
The women's final is scheduled for a (not before) 7pm local time start (1.30 pm IST) with live coverage on Ten HD and Ten Sports. The match can be watched via live streaming across the world HERE. The men's action from the Brisbane International can be live streamed HERE, with Roger Federer set to play in both singles and doubles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics