Pawan Kalyan's 'Attarintiki Daredi' Enters 100th Day in Record Number of Screens; Special Trailer Released
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 4, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" is successfully completing its 100-day theatrical run today (4 January) in record number of 32 screens.
Pawan Kalyan - Screenshot from YouTube
Check out the list of centres, HERE.
As a treat to fans, a special trailer marking the completion of 100 days has been released online. To check the trailer, click HERE.
"Attarintiki Daredi" released on 27 September after several delays owing to the Telangana issue. The family entertainer also faced piracy issues much before its release. At least 90 minutes of the film's footage was illegally leaked online, much to the shock of the Telugu film industry and the fans.
Following the piracy issue, the makers decided to release the film on 27 September instead of the initially slated date of 11 October. The film received massive response upon its release. Critics and fans appreciated Power Star's performance as well as the entertainment quotient in the film.
"Attarintiki Daredi", deemed as a complete family entertainer received repeat audience at theatres. To enthrall the fans, the makers added a few minutes of footage to the film as a special Diwali treat. The Pawan Kalyan starrer performed exceptionally well at Indian and international markets.
The film earned a total worldwide share of over ₹74 crore at the box office and broke several records set by other Telugu films. It also emerged as the biggest grossing Telugu film in 2013 surpassing the collections of other big hits including "Naayak", "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu", "Baadshah" and "Mirchi."
According to some reports, "Attarintiki Daredi" surpassed "Magadheera" collections, which remained as the all time highest grossing Telugu film for four years. The family entertainer still continues to be screened in several theatres across Andhra Pradesh and completes 100 days today (4 January).
Fans are planning a big celebration to mark the film's 100-day theatrical run. Megafans will be cutting a 101 kg cake and will be providing annadanam (sharing of food) for about 3,000 people at Sandhya theatre in Hyderabad on 4 January, tweeted Mega family PRO SKN.
Directed by Trivikram Srinivas, "Attarintiki Daredi" is about a guy who is on a mission to unite his aunt with his grandfather. The film has Samantha and Pranitha in female lead roles, while the other cast members include Nadiya, Boman Irani, Brahmanandam and Rao Ramesh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’