Pawan Kalyan's 'Attarintiki Daredi' Enters 100th Day in Record Number of Screens; Special Trailer Released
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 4, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" is successfully completing its 100-day theatrical run today (4 January) in record number of 32 screens.
Pawan Kalyan - Screenshot from YouTube
Check out the list of centres, HERE.
As a treat to fans, a special trailer marking the completion of 100 days has been released online. To check the trailer, click HERE.
"Attarintiki Daredi" released on 27 September after several delays owing to the Telangana issue. The family entertainer also faced piracy issues much before its release. At least 90 minutes of the film's footage was illegally leaked online, much to the shock of the Telugu film industry and the fans.
Following the piracy issue, the makers decided to release the film on 27 September instead of the initially slated date of 11 October. The film received massive response upon its release. Critics and fans appreciated Power Star's performance as well as the entertainment quotient in the film.
"Attarintiki Daredi", deemed as a complete family entertainer received repeat audience at theatres. To enthrall the fans, the makers added a few minutes of footage to the film as a special Diwali treat. The Pawan Kalyan starrer performed exceptionally well at Indian and international markets.
The film earned a total worldwide share of over ₹74 crore at the box office and broke several records set by other Telugu films. It also emerged as the biggest grossing Telugu film in 2013 surpassing the collections of other big hits including "Naayak", "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu", "Baadshah" and "Mirchi."
According to some reports, "Attarintiki Daredi" surpassed "Magadheera" collections, which remained as the all time highest grossing Telugu film for four years. The family entertainer still continues to be screened in several theatres across Andhra Pradesh and completes 100 days today (4 January).
Fans are planning a big celebration to mark the film's 100-day theatrical run. Megafans will be cutting a 101 kg cake and will be providing annadanam (sharing of food) for about 3,000 people at Sandhya theatre in Hyderabad on 4 January, tweeted Mega family PRO SKN.
Directed by Trivikram Srinivas, "Attarintiki Daredi" is about a guy who is on a mission to unite his aunt with his grandfather. The film has Samantha and Pranitha in female lead roles, while the other cast members include Nadiya, Boman Irani, Brahmanandam and Rao Ramesh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff