Pawan Kalyan's 'Attarintiki Daredi' Enters 100th Day in Record Number of Screens; Special Trailer Released
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 4, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" is successfully completing its 100-day theatrical run today (4 January) in record number of 32 screens.
Pawan Kalyan - Screenshot from YouTube
Check out the list of centres, HERE.
As a treat to fans, a special trailer marking the completion of 100 days has been released online. To check the trailer, click HERE.
"Attarintiki Daredi" released on 27 September after several delays owing to the Telangana issue. The family entertainer also faced piracy issues much before its release. At least 90 minutes of the film's footage was illegally leaked online, much to the shock of the Telugu film industry and the fans.
Following the piracy issue, the makers decided to release the film on 27 September instead of the initially slated date of 11 October. The film received massive response upon its release. Critics and fans appreciated Power Star's performance as well as the entertainment quotient in the film.
"Attarintiki Daredi", deemed as a complete family entertainer received repeat audience at theatres. To enthrall the fans, the makers added a few minutes of footage to the film as a special Diwali treat. The Pawan Kalyan starrer performed exceptionally well at Indian and international markets.
The film earned a total worldwide share of over ₹74 crore at the box office and broke several records set by other Telugu films. It also emerged as the biggest grossing Telugu film in 2013 surpassing the collections of other big hits including "Naayak", "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu", "Baadshah" and "Mirchi."
According to some reports, "Attarintiki Daredi" surpassed "Magadheera" collections, which remained as the all time highest grossing Telugu film for four years. The family entertainer still continues to be screened in several theatres across Andhra Pradesh and completes 100 days today (4 January).
Fans are planning a big celebration to mark the film's 100-day theatrical run. Megafans will be cutting a 101 kg cake and will be providing annadanam (sharing of food) for about 3,000 people at Sandhya theatre in Hyderabad on 4 January, tweeted Mega family PRO SKN.
Directed by Trivikram Srinivas, "Attarintiki Daredi" is about a guy who is on a mission to unite his aunt with his grandfather. The film has Samantha and Pranitha in female lead roles, while the other cast members include Nadiya, Boman Irani, Brahmanandam and Rao Ramesh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar