Pawan Kalyan's 'Attarintiki Daredi' Enters 100th Day in Record Number of Screens; Special Trailer Released
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 4, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" is successfully completing its 100-day theatrical run today (4 January) in record number of 32 screens.
Pawan Kalyan - Screenshot from YouTube
Check out the list of centres, HERE.
As a treat to fans, a special trailer marking the completion of 100 days has been released online. To check the trailer, click HERE.
"Attarintiki Daredi" released on 27 September after several delays owing to the Telangana issue. The family entertainer also faced piracy issues much before its release. At least 90 minutes of the film's footage was illegally leaked online, much to the shock of the Telugu film industry and the fans.
Following the piracy issue, the makers decided to release the film on 27 September instead of the initially slated date of 11 October. The film received massive response upon its release. Critics and fans appreciated Power Star's performance as well as the entertainment quotient in the film.
"Attarintiki Daredi", deemed as a complete family entertainer received repeat audience at theatres. To enthrall the fans, the makers added a few minutes of footage to the film as a special Diwali treat. The Pawan Kalyan starrer performed exceptionally well at Indian and international markets.
The film earned a total worldwide share of over ₹74 crore at the box office and broke several records set by other Telugu films. It also emerged as the biggest grossing Telugu film in 2013 surpassing the collections of other big hits including "Naayak", "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu", "Baadshah" and "Mirchi."
According to some reports, "Attarintiki Daredi" surpassed "Magadheera" collections, which remained as the all time highest grossing Telugu film for four years. The family entertainer still continues to be screened in several theatres across Andhra Pradesh and completes 100 days today (4 January).
Fans are planning a big celebration to mark the film's 100-day theatrical run. Megafans will be cutting a 101 kg cake and will be providing annadanam (sharing of food) for about 3,000 people at Sandhya theatre in Hyderabad on 4 January, tweeted Mega family PRO SKN.
Directed by Trivikram Srinivas, "Attarintiki Daredi" is about a guy who is on a mission to unite his aunt with his grandfather. The film has Samantha and Pranitha in female lead roles, while the other cast members include Nadiya, Boman Irani, Brahmanandam and Rao Ramesh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys