Pawan Kalyan's 'Attarintiki Daredi' Enters 100th Day in Record Number of Screens; Special Trailer Released
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 4, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" is successfully completing its 100-day theatrical run today (4 January) in record number of 32 screens.
Pawan Kalyan - Screenshot from YouTube
Check out the list of centres, HERE.
As a treat to fans, a special trailer marking the completion of 100 days has been released online. To check the trailer, click HERE.
"Attarintiki Daredi" released on 27 September after several delays owing to the Telangana issue. The family entertainer also faced piracy issues much before its release. At least 90 minutes of the film's footage was illegally leaked online, much to the shock of the Telugu film industry and the fans.
Following the piracy issue, the makers decided to release the film on 27 September instead of the initially slated date of 11 October. The film received massive response upon its release. Critics and fans appreciated Power Star's performance as well as the entertainment quotient in the film.
"Attarintiki Daredi", deemed as a complete family entertainer received repeat audience at theatres. To enthrall the fans, the makers added a few minutes of footage to the film as a special Diwali treat. The Pawan Kalyan starrer performed exceptionally well at Indian and international markets.
The film earned a total worldwide share of over ₹74 crore at the box office and broke several records set by other Telugu films. It also emerged as the biggest grossing Telugu film in 2013 surpassing the collections of other big hits including "Naayak", "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu", "Baadshah" and "Mirchi."
According to some reports, "Attarintiki Daredi" surpassed "Magadheera" collections, which remained as the all time highest grossing Telugu film for four years. The family entertainer still continues to be screened in several theatres across Andhra Pradesh and completes 100 days today (4 January).
Fans are planning a big celebration to mark the film's 100-day theatrical run. Megafans will be cutting a 101 kg cake and will be providing annadanam (sharing of food) for about 3,000 people at Sandhya theatre in Hyderabad on 4 January, tweeted Mega family PRO SKN.
Directed by Trivikram Srinivas, "Attarintiki Daredi" is about a guy who is on a mission to unite his aunt with his grandfather. The film has Samantha and Pranitha in female lead roles, while the other cast members include Nadiya, Boman Irani, Brahmanandam and Rao Ramesh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money