1st Test, Day 5 Where to Watch Live: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka Free Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 4, 2014 3:15 PM EST
Sri Lanka will go for the jugular on Day 5 with full intention of trying to pick up a victory over Pakistan in the first Test in Abu Dhabi, according to Dinesh Chandimal.
Where to Watch Live
The fifth day of the first Test is scheduled for an 11.30 am IST start with live coverage on Sony Six. The match starts at 11pm PST with live coverage provided by Geo Super in Pakistan. The match can also be live streamed online free HERE. To catch the action live online in the US click HERE, while Africa viewers can go HERE. Viewers in Sri Lanka can catch the match via free live streaming HERE.
The Sri Lankan batsmen, Chandimal (89) and Angelo Mathews, in particular, batted brilliantly with their backs to the wall, putting on a solid 138-run partnership for the fifth wicket, to pull the Test back on level terms, if not move slightly ahead of Pakistan.
Sri Lanka, starting at 186 for four on Day 4, were at 420 for five at the close of play, for an overall lead of 241, with Mathews (116 n.o.) batting wonderfully well alongside Prasanna Jayawardene (48 n.o.).
"It's not an easy pitch to bat on," Chandimal said after the day's play on Friday. "The ball doesn't arrive in the same way every time. As a team we have about 240. Tomorrow we will see how we go in the first hour and then set a target for them. We've got plans for that. We'll fight hard and try to win it.
"It is spinning more from one end. Because of that, playing the spinners is getting harder -- especially Saeed Ajmal. When he switched ends it became a bit easier for us. If the spinners had bowled from the other end, they might have been able to get something more out of it, so we will keep that in mind when we bowl.
"We'll use that advantage and fight. Maybe 300 plus will be a winning total, but first we have to ensure that we can't lose the match. Probably, the pitch is going to be slower tomorrow. Yesterday it had a lot of seam. Today the ball came a bit slower. Tomorrow also it will get slower."
Pakistan will be wondering just how they let this Test match out of their grasp when a win seemed inevitable. Bowling coach Mohammad Akram, though, came out in support of his bowlers. "The bowlers did well and gave their 100 percent," Akram said. "Both Angelo Mathews and Dinesh Chandimal batted so well.
"We understand that the pitch still is a good Test wicket to play on and if batsmen persist, they can score well. Our bowlers tried their best and I couldn't ask for more.
"We bowled well in every session and each bowler played his part in the partnership, containing runs from one end and attacking from the other. So, on such sort of pitches, we did exactly what was required. We wanted to take quick wickets in the first session but unfortunately we didn't get the edges and chances."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions