‘Breaking Bad’ Creator Reveals Regret About Show: Making Jesse Pinkman Unrealistic
By Anne Lu | January 4, 2014 4:37 AM EST
“Breaking Bad” is arguably the biggest series that ended in 2013, with critics and viewers alike praising the nearly flawless storyline and acting of its cast. But for creator Vince Gilligan, perhaps it was too flawless. He revealed that the one thing that he regretted about the show is making Jesse Pinkman’s teeth perfect.
The show, which debuted in January 2008 in the U.S., ended with a bang in September 2013. Critics have praised the show’s stars Bran Cranston, Anna Gunn, and Aaron Paul for their performance, and for getting the fans hooked until its very last episode.
As the viewers have noted, the actors’ portrayal of their roles, combined with the writers’ vision for each cast, has made the crime drama appear realistic and true.
Not quite so, according to Gilligan, who admitted that he has a little regret in how he did the show.
When Entertainment Weekly asked him if there’s still something that still haunts him about the show, the TV show creator said that there “nothing too much,” except for Paul’s character.
“I wish Jesse’s teeth had been a little more realistic, a little more messed up. Aaron Pail has perfect teeth, and Jesse Pinkman, on the other hand, smoked a lot of meth, and that smoke eats the enamel right off of teeth,” he pondered.
“And furthermore, this poor kid got beat up two or three time a season [laughs], and his teeth were still absolutely perfect. So if we could’ve done a little something to them... But on the other hand, Aaron is such a good-looking guy that maybe that counts as a poetic license that we kept his teeth looking nice.”
With that lesson in mind, the producers of its spin-off show “Better Call Saul” would probably know better than to let actors hold onto their perfect set of whites when they are beaten up in the show.
So there you go. Even a show as nearly perfect as “Breaking Bad” wasn’t as faultless as people thought it was. It had a minor thing that got overlooked somehow by its producers, one which fans wouldn’t have minded at all.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date