New home building up in the UK, latest figures show
January 4, 2014 1:08 AM EST
The number of new homes being registered in the UK continues to show significant improvement on 2012 figures with a 30% increase for the rolling quarter September to November compared to the same period last year.
The latest registration figures from the National House Building Council show 34,356 new homes were registered during this period compared to 26,420 in 2012.
In November alone 11,409 homes were registered, some 8,010 in the private sector and 3,399 in the public sector, resulting in a 20% increase on last November's overall total of 9,533.
As the leading warranty and insurance provider for new homes in the UK, NHBC's monthly registration statistics provide significant insight on the country's new homes market.
‘Our November statistics have continued the strong and consistent volume growth witnessed throughout 2013, compared with registration figures in the years after the financial crash,’ said NHBC commercial director Richard Tamayo.
‘As the new year begins the industry can look back on what has been an overall upbeat year for the sector where we have seen a return of genuine confidence and a welcome contribution from various government schemes such as Help to Buy to the UK's housing volume growth,’ he added.
Private sector registrations in September to November 2013 increased by 28% or 25,079 compared with the same period in 2012 when it was 19,655.
Public sector registrations in September to November 2013 also increased by 37% or 9,277 when compared with the same period a year ago when it was 6,765.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related