New home building up in the UK, latest figures show
January 4, 2014 1:08 AM EST
The number of new homes being registered in the UK continues to show significant improvement on 2012 figures with a 30% increase for the rolling quarter September to November compared to the same period last year.
The latest registration figures from the National House Building Council show 34,356 new homes were registered during this period compared to 26,420 in 2012.
In November alone 11,409 homes were registered, some 8,010 in the private sector and 3,399 in the public sector, resulting in a 20% increase on last November's overall total of 9,533.
As the leading warranty and insurance provider for new homes in the UK, NHBC's monthly registration statistics provide significant insight on the country's new homes market.
‘Our November statistics have continued the strong and consistent volume growth witnessed throughout 2013, compared with registration figures in the years after the financial crash,’ said NHBC commercial director Richard Tamayo.
‘As the new year begins the industry can look back on what has been an overall upbeat year for the sector where we have seen a return of genuine confidence and a welcome contribution from various government schemes such as Help to Buy to the UK's housing volume growth,’ he added.
Private sector registrations in September to November 2013 increased by 28% or 25,079 compared with the same period in 2012 when it was 19,655.
Public sector registrations in September to November 2013 also increased by 37% or 9,277 when compared with the same period a year ago when it was 6,765.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $2B Lease By American Investor On Philippine Island For 25 Years
- Australia Second Highest Overpriced in World in Housing Prices
- France, Germany Lead Europe's Commercial Real Estate Market
- New Crowdfunding Firm Focuses on Alternative Mortgage Financing
- Real Estate Investing Is ‘All Local,’ Says Canadian Portfolio Manager
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money