New home building up in the UK, latest figures show
January 4, 2014 1:08 AM EST
The number of new homes being registered in the UK continues to show significant improvement on 2012 figures with a 30% increase for the rolling quarter September to November compared to the same period last year.
The latest registration figures from the National House Building Council show 34,356 new homes were registered during this period compared to 26,420 in 2012.
In November alone 11,409 homes were registered, some 8,010 in the private sector and 3,399 in the public sector, resulting in a 20% increase on last November's overall total of 9,533.
As the leading warranty and insurance provider for new homes in the UK, NHBC's monthly registration statistics provide significant insight on the country's new homes market.
‘Our November statistics have continued the strong and consistent volume growth witnessed throughout 2013, compared with registration figures in the years after the financial crash,’ said NHBC commercial director Richard Tamayo.
‘As the new year begins the industry can look back on what has been an overall upbeat year for the sector where we have seen a return of genuine confidence and a welcome contribution from various government schemes such as Help to Buy to the UK's housing volume growth,’ he added.
Private sector registrations in September to November 2013 increased by 28% or 25,079 compared with the same period in 2012 when it was 19,655.
Public sector registrations in September to November 2013 also increased by 37% or 9,277 when compared with the same period a year ago when it was 6,765.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Long Beach Real Estate Market Is Pricing Out Home Buyers with Limited Budget
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- New Zealand Minister Announces Web Site for Scrapping Outdated Rules
- Ellen DeGeneres Earns $15M Profit in $55M LA Mansion Sales to Sean Parker
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points