New home building up in the UK, latest figures show
January 4, 2014 1:08 AM EST
The number of new homes being registered in the UK continues to show significant improvement on 2012 figures with a 30% increase for the rolling quarter September to November compared to the same period last year.
The latest registration figures from the National House Building Council show 34,356 new homes were registered during this period compared to 26,420 in 2012.
In November alone 11,409 homes were registered, some 8,010 in the private sector and 3,399 in the public sector, resulting in a 20% increase on last November's overall total of 9,533.
As the leading warranty and insurance provider for new homes in the UK, NHBC's monthly registration statistics provide significant insight on the country's new homes market.
‘Our November statistics have continued the strong and consistent volume growth witnessed throughout 2013, compared with registration figures in the years after the financial crash,’ said NHBC commercial director Richard Tamayo.
‘As the new year begins the industry can look back on what has been an overall upbeat year for the sector where we have seen a return of genuine confidence and a welcome contribution from various government schemes such as Help to Buy to the UK's housing volume growth,’ he added.
Private sector registrations in September to November 2013 increased by 28% or 25,079 compared with the same period in 2012 when it was 19,655.
Public sector registrations in September to November 2013 also increased by 37% or 9,277 when compared with the same period a year ago when it was 6,765.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected