New home building up in the UK, latest figures show
January 4, 2014 1:08 AM EST
The number of new homes being registered in the UK continues to show significant improvement on 2012 figures with a 30% increase for the rolling quarter September to November compared to the same period last year.
The latest registration figures from the National House Building Council show 34,356 new homes were registered during this period compared to 26,420 in 2012.
In November alone 11,409 homes were registered, some 8,010 in the private sector and 3,399 in the public sector, resulting in a 20% increase on last November's overall total of 9,533.
As the leading warranty and insurance provider for new homes in the UK, NHBC's monthly registration statistics provide significant insight on the country's new homes market.
‘Our November statistics have continued the strong and consistent volume growth witnessed throughout 2013, compared with registration figures in the years after the financial crash,’ said NHBC commercial director Richard Tamayo.
‘As the new year begins the industry can look back on what has been an overall upbeat year for the sector where we have seen a return of genuine confidence and a welcome contribution from various government schemes such as Help to Buy to the UK's housing volume growth,’ he added.
Private sector registrations in September to November 2013 increased by 28% or 25,079 compared with the same period in 2012 when it was 19,655.
Public sector registrations in September to November 2013 also increased by 37% or 9,277 when compared with the same period a year ago when it was 6,765.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet