Rumoured Micromax A350 Boasting Octa-core CPU Spotted at Benchmarking Site
By Rohit KVN | January 3, 2014 11:34 PM EST
It's been just a day since the Intex Technologies Ltd launched the first indigenous Octa-core based smartphone Aqua-Octa in India. Now another local player, Micromax is reportedly prepping to launch a similar 8-core based handset later this month.
An employee stands at the counter of Micromax mobile phones at a showroom in New Delhi December 6, 2013.
Technology website, The Mobile Indian, while traversing through the AnTuTu benchmarking website has stumbled upon the Micromax's un-released smartphone codenamed A350. The mystery phone boasting a 1.7GHz Octa-core CPU device scored an average 26,886 points against high-end MNC brands: Samsung Galaxy S4 (26,167) and HTC One (26,556).
The new revelation comes just days after another tech blog website, 'Tech Mobile Guru' revealed for the first time the existence of this very same Micromax device. It claimed that Canvas A350 would make its debut in India soon for around ₹22,000. It also noted that the company will unveil another Octa-core based smartphone with a new series - 'Hero Best' A300.
Apart from CPU specifications, there is no word on other key features such as display size, physical memory, inbuilt storage, camera and battery capacity. But, considering the previous launches of Micromax marquee devices, one can expect the new 2014 flagship phone to at least pack full HD resolutions screen, 2GB RAM, 16GB/32GB inbuilt memory (with microSD card slot),13.0-megapixel main camera and a 2500 mAh plus cell.
Since the company's rival Intex has already launched an eight-core phablet Aqua Octa in India, Micromax, which is known to be the leader among the local vendors would not wait long to come out with its own Octa-core handset in India.
Even though reports of Micromax phone A350 has gone viral in the media, the company is yet to officially respond to the speculations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight