BSE Sensex Falls on Weak Global Shares; Blue Chips Hit
January 3, 2014 8:16 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls, heading for a third consecutive declining session. Losses tracking lower Asian shares after a sudden reversal in some very popular, and thus crowded, trades sparked a bout of global risk aversion.
People watch a large screen displaying Sensex on the facade of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai December 9, 2013.
The BSE Sensex was trading down 123 points while the Nifty fell 39 points as of 12.42 pm.
However, overseas investors are buyers for a second consecutive day. They bought a net 6.74 billion rupees in stocks on Thursday, provisional exchange data shows, though Indian shares fell the most in nearly 1-1/2 months.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying