'Pokemon X and Y' Update: ‘Pokemon the Series: XY’ Premieres on the Cartoon Network on Jan.18, 2014 [WATCH]
By Janice Somosot | January 3, 2014 8:06 PM EST
Attention Pokemon fans! Here's a "Pokemon X and Y" update for you. "Pokemon the Series: XY" will premiere on the Cartoon Network on Jan.18, 2014 in the U.S. If you are done playing the "Pokemon X and Y" games or want to have a brief break from playing it, then why not watch the upcoming "Pokemon the Series: XY" on TV? Check out its trailer below.
According to Bulbapedia, "Pokemon the Series: XY" is the fifth series of the Pokemon anime. It comes after the Pokemon anime series titled "Best Wishes." It was first shown in Japan on Oct. 17, 2013. U.S. fans will have to wait a bit more to see it, but they were given a sneak peak last Oct. 19, 2013 when the first two episodes were previewed in the U.S. For Pokemon fans who weren't able to catch it back then, because you guys were all busy playing the "Pokemon X and Y" games, then mark your calendars and schedule your alarms to remind you to tune in to "Pokemon the Series: XY" which will be shown on the Cartoon Network on Jan.18, 2014.
The latest Pokemon anime will feature classic and well-loved Pokemon characters Ash Ketchum and Pikachu. But, this time, they will explore the Kalos region, which is the setting of the popular "Pokemon X and Y" video games.
Unfortunately, Ash Ketchum's old pals Iris and Cilan will not be seen in this new Pokemon TV series.
Instead, familiar characters in the game will appear, including Clemont, a gym leader who is a science nerd that loves to invent new high tech devices. It will also feature Clemont's sister Bonnie and Serena, who is a next-door neighbor in Vaniville (in the "Pokemon X and Y" games). In the anime, Serena is a trainer on her first journey.
Aside from exploring the Kalos region, Ash and his friends will also engage in Gym battles and meet new Pokemon along the way. Plus, there will be a new Pokemon mystery waiting to be unraveled.
Of course Pokemon anime will not be complete without its villains. That's why Pokemon fans will also see the return of the dreaded trio of Jessie, James and Meowth who will follow Ash and his friends through the Kalos region. They still intend to capture Ash's Pikachu and the other Pokemon that Ash and his friends will catch during their adventure.
The "Pokemon the Series: XY" which will premiere on the Cartoon Network on Jan.18, 2014 looks promising and seems an exciting new addition to the Pokemon anime series. Now, Pokemon fans and players can not only play the "Pokemon X and Y" games, but they can also see their favourite Pokemon characters come to life on TV!
- READ MORE:
Pokemon X and Y Play! Pokemon And Other Online Features: Cool Pokemon Games In the Internet [WATCH] (Click HERE)
'Pokemon X and Y': Check Out PETA's Parody Games in Protest of Pokemon and McDonald's [VIDEOS] (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2