'Pokemon X and Y' Update: ‘Pokemon the Series: XY’ Premieres on the Cartoon Network on Jan.18, 2014 [WATCH]
By Janice Somosot | January 3, 2014 8:06 PM EST
Attention Pokemon fans! Here's a "Pokemon X and Y" update for you. "Pokemon the Series: XY" will premiere on the Cartoon Network on Jan.18, 2014 in the U.S. If you are done playing the "Pokemon X and Y" games or want to have a brief break from playing it, then why not watch the upcoming "Pokemon the Series: XY" on TV? Check out its trailer below.
According to Bulbapedia, "Pokemon the Series: XY" is the fifth series of the Pokemon anime. It comes after the Pokemon anime series titled "Best Wishes." It was first shown in Japan on Oct. 17, 2013. U.S. fans will have to wait a bit more to see it, but they were given a sneak peak last Oct. 19, 2013 when the first two episodes were previewed in the U.S. For Pokemon fans who weren't able to catch it back then, because you guys were all busy playing the "Pokemon X and Y" games, then mark your calendars and schedule your alarms to remind you to tune in to "Pokemon the Series: XY" which will be shown on the Cartoon Network on Jan.18, 2014.
The latest Pokemon anime will feature classic and well-loved Pokemon characters Ash Ketchum and Pikachu. But, this time, they will explore the Kalos region, which is the setting of the popular "Pokemon X and Y" video games.
Unfortunately, Ash Ketchum's old pals Iris and Cilan will not be seen in this new Pokemon TV series.
Instead, familiar characters in the game will appear, including Clemont, a gym leader who is a science nerd that loves to invent new high tech devices. It will also feature Clemont's sister Bonnie and Serena, who is a next-door neighbor in Vaniville (in the "Pokemon X and Y" games). In the anime, Serena is a trainer on her first journey.
Aside from exploring the Kalos region, Ash and his friends will also engage in Gym battles and meet new Pokemon along the way. Plus, there will be a new Pokemon mystery waiting to be unraveled.
Of course Pokemon anime will not be complete without its villains. That's why Pokemon fans will also see the return of the dreaded trio of Jessie, James and Meowth who will follow Ash and his friends through the Kalos region. They still intend to capture Ash's Pikachu and the other Pokemon that Ash and his friends will catch during their adventure.
The "Pokemon the Series: XY" which will premiere on the Cartoon Network on Jan.18, 2014 looks promising and seems an exciting new addition to the Pokemon anime series. Now, Pokemon fans and players can not only play the "Pokemon X and Y" games, but they can also see their favourite Pokemon characters come to life on TV!
- READ MORE:
Pokemon X and Y Play! Pokemon And Other Online Features: Cool Pokemon Games In the Internet [WATCH] (Click HERE)
'Pokemon X and Y': Check Out PETA's Parody Games in Protest of Pokemon and McDonald's [VIDEOS] (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon