2014 Honda City's Official Brochure Leaks Ahead Of Launch
By greeshma m | January 3, 2014 7:19 PM EST
The 2014 Honda City is creating a lot of buzz in the auto market and now the official brochures of the soon-to-be-launched car have surfaced online, days ahead of its entry into the domestic market.
2014 Honda City Diesel the Most Fuel Efficient Car; Specs and Details Revealed
The car which is slated for a launch in India on 7 January has already become an automobile icon in the domestic market even before the specifications of the car are known. The good chaps at the CarSizzler who managed to get a sneak peek of latest Honda City brochures revealed that the brochure correlated well with previous leaks and rumours. Earlier last week, the ICE team had detailed the specifications of the City, which comes in five trims: E, S, SV, V and VX and all five variants of the City diesel will pack safety features like ABS, EBD and a driver airbag as standard.
The top variant Honda City VX will boast of features like Smart Key, Pinch Guard, Cruise Control and Rear parking Camera. The In-built Music System with USB, Aux, FM, CD, and MP3, Blue tooth, 5" Monitor, 6Spkrs and 2Tweeters are exclusive for the top two variant City V and City VX. Along with this, the op variants will also get touch panel for AC, Push Button start and Sunroof.
On the mechanical front, the petrol version of the City sedan packs a 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine which generates a maximum output of 119 PS @ 6600 rpm and 145 Nm torque @ 4600 rpm. The diesel variant comes equipped with 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine, which powers Honda's triumphant Amaze. It is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission and pumps in 100 PS power @ 3600 rpm and 200 Nm torque @ 1750 rpm.
Check the brochure here
The diesel variant of Honda City is touted as the country's most fuel efficient car, as the car offers a fabulous 26kmpl mileage. The petrol model will come in two variants: 5-speed manual and automatic. The petrol model will also be offered with a CVT automatic gearbox.
Now for the City lovers what remains unclear is the pricing of the car. Though nothing concrete has been known about the cost of the car, Honda is likely to price the fourth -Generation City aggressively in the market considering the competition in the sedan segment. The ICE folks reported that the new avatar of City would carry a price tag ranging between 8-12 lakh. As per the earlier reports, the booking for Honda City is open in India with an advance payment of 51,000, which is refundable in case of cancellation of the booking.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal