2014 Honda City's Official Brochure Leaks Ahead Of Launch
By greeshma m | January 3, 2014 7:19 PM EST
The 2014 Honda City is creating a lot of buzz in the auto market and now the official brochures of the soon-to-be-launched car have surfaced online, days ahead of its entry into the domestic market.
2014 Honda City Diesel the Most Fuel Efficient Car; Specs and Details Revealed
The car which is slated for a launch in India on 7 January has already become an automobile icon in the domestic market even before the specifications of the car are known. The good chaps at the CarSizzler who managed to get a sneak peek of latest Honda City brochures revealed that the brochure correlated well with previous leaks and rumours. Earlier last week, the ICE team had detailed the specifications of the City, which comes in five trims: E, S, SV, V and VX and all five variants of the City diesel will pack safety features like ABS, EBD and a driver airbag as standard.
The top variant Honda City VX will boast of features like Smart Key, Pinch Guard, Cruise Control and Rear parking Camera. The In-built Music System with USB, Aux, FM, CD, and MP3, Blue tooth, 5" Monitor, 6Spkrs and 2Tweeters are exclusive for the top two variant City V and City VX. Along with this, the op variants will also get touch panel for AC, Push Button start and Sunroof.
On the mechanical front, the petrol version of the City sedan packs a 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine which generates a maximum output of 119 PS @ 6600 rpm and 145 Nm torque @ 4600 rpm. The diesel variant comes equipped with 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine, which powers Honda's triumphant Amaze. It is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission and pumps in 100 PS power @ 3600 rpm and 200 Nm torque @ 1750 rpm.
Check the brochure here
The diesel variant of Honda City is touted as the country's most fuel efficient car, as the car offers a fabulous 26kmpl mileage. The petrol model will come in two variants: 5-speed manual and automatic. The petrol model will also be offered with a CVT automatic gearbox.
Now for the City lovers what remains unclear is the pricing of the car. Though nothing concrete has been known about the cost of the car, Honda is likely to price the fourth -Generation City aggressively in the market considering the competition in the sedan segment. The ICE folks reported that the new avatar of City would carry a price tag ranging between 8-12 lakh. As per the earlier reports, the booking for Honda City is open in India with an advance payment of 51,000, which is refundable in case of cancellation of the booking.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Sees Biggest After-Earnings Move; Share Price To Reach 3-Digit Mark
- Medibank IPO Seeks To Raise $4.8B Capital, Biggest Share Launch In Asia For 2014
- 65 Deaths In 1 Year Make Jobs In Transport & Storage Sector Most Dangerous In Australia
- Porsche, Pope, Sistine Chapel and The Godfather
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar