2014 Honda City's Official Brochure Leaks Ahead Of Launch
By greeshma m | January 3, 2014 7:19 PM EST
The 2014 Honda City is creating a lot of buzz in the auto market and now the official brochures of the soon-to-be-launched car have surfaced online, days ahead of its entry into the domestic market.
2014 Honda City Diesel the Most Fuel Efficient Car; Specs and Details Revealed
The car which is slated for a launch in India on 7 January has already become an automobile icon in the domestic market even before the specifications of the car are known. The good chaps at the CarSizzler who managed to get a sneak peek of latest Honda City brochures revealed that the brochure correlated well with previous leaks and rumours. Earlier last week, the ICE team had detailed the specifications of the City, which comes in five trims: E, S, SV, V and VX and all five variants of the City diesel will pack safety features like ABS, EBD and a driver airbag as standard.
The top variant Honda City VX will boast of features like Smart Key, Pinch Guard, Cruise Control and Rear parking Camera. The In-built Music System with USB, Aux, FM, CD, and MP3, Blue tooth, 5" Monitor, 6Spkrs and 2Tweeters are exclusive for the top two variant City V and City VX. Along with this, the op variants will also get touch panel for AC, Push Button start and Sunroof.
On the mechanical front, the petrol version of the City sedan packs a 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine which generates a maximum output of 119 PS @ 6600 rpm and 145 Nm torque @ 4600 rpm. The diesel variant comes equipped with 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine, which powers Honda's triumphant Amaze. It is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission and pumps in 100 PS power @ 3600 rpm and 200 Nm torque @ 1750 rpm.
Check the brochure here
The diesel variant of Honda City is touted as the country's most fuel efficient car, as the car offers a fabulous 26kmpl mileage. The petrol model will come in two variants: 5-speed manual and automatic. The petrol model will also be offered with a CVT automatic gearbox.
Now for the City lovers what remains unclear is the pricing of the car. Though nothing concrete has been known about the cost of the car, Honda is likely to price the fourth -Generation City aggressively in the market considering the competition in the sedan segment. The ICE folks reported that the new avatar of City would carry a price tag ranging between 8-12 lakh. As per the earlier reports, the booking for Honda City is open in India with an advance payment of 51,000, which is refundable in case of cancellation of the booking.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine