2014 Honda City's Official Brochure Leaks Ahead Of Launch
By greeshma m | January 3, 2014 7:19 PM EST
The 2014 Honda City is creating a lot of buzz in the auto market and now the official brochures of the soon-to-be-launched car have surfaced online, days ahead of its entry into the domestic market.
2014 Honda City Diesel the Most Fuel Efficient Car; Specs and Details Revealed
The car which is slated for a launch in India on 7 January has already become an automobile icon in the domestic market even before the specifications of the car are known. The good chaps at the CarSizzler who managed to get a sneak peek of latest Honda City brochures revealed that the brochure correlated well with previous leaks and rumours. Earlier last week, the ICE team had detailed the specifications of the City, which comes in five trims: E, S, SV, V and VX and all five variants of the City diesel will pack safety features like ABS, EBD and a driver airbag as standard.
The top variant Honda City VX will boast of features like Smart Key, Pinch Guard, Cruise Control and Rear parking Camera. The In-built Music System with USB, Aux, FM, CD, and MP3, Blue tooth, 5" Monitor, 6Spkrs and 2Tweeters are exclusive for the top two variant City V and City VX. Along with this, the op variants will also get touch panel for AC, Push Button start and Sunroof.
On the mechanical front, the petrol version of the City sedan packs a 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine which generates a maximum output of 119 PS @ 6600 rpm and 145 Nm torque @ 4600 rpm. The diesel variant comes equipped with 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine, which powers Honda's triumphant Amaze. It is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission and pumps in 100 PS power @ 3600 rpm and 200 Nm torque @ 1750 rpm.
Check the brochure here
The diesel variant of Honda City is touted as the country's most fuel efficient car, as the car offers a fabulous 26kmpl mileage. The petrol model will come in two variants: 5-speed manual and automatic. The petrol model will also be offered with a CVT automatic gearbox.
Now for the City lovers what remains unclear is the pricing of the car. Though nothing concrete has been known about the cost of the car, Honda is likely to price the fourth -Generation City aggressively in the market considering the competition in the sedan segment. The ICE folks reported that the new avatar of City would carry a price tag ranging between 8-12 lakh. As per the earlier reports, the booking for Honda City is open in India with an advance payment of 51,000, which is refundable in case of cancellation of the booking.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)