'I Was Very Aware Of the Fact That I Was Showing My Body,' Beyonce On Nudity In 'Partition' [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | January 3, 2014 5:27 PM EST
Beyonce's music video "Partition" has been criticized for being overtly sexy, nude, raunchy and even X-rated. But the mommy of Blue Ivy Carter is unfazed about all the criticisms saying she showed off her body in the music video intentionally as she wanted to prove it to all the mommies around the world that you can still feel sexy and beautiful about your body even after giving birth.
"I was very aware of the fact that I was showing my body," Beyonce said according to Daily Mail. "I was 195 pounds when I gave birth. I lost 65 pounds. I worked crazily to get my body back. I wanted to show my body. I wanted to show that you can have a child and you can work hard and you can get your body back," the wife to Jay Z said.
Beyonce is seen dancing provocatively in the music video "Partition" where she poses as a stripper. She wears thongs and a backless barely there bikini and writhes on all fours on the floor. The whole idea of showing off her body was to let all new mommies that she is not embarrassed about her body and also believes in sexuality post-motherhood.
"I know that there's so many women that feel the same thing after they give birth. You can have your child and you can still have fun and still be sexy and still have dreams and still live for yourself," the 33-year-old singer said.
"I don't have any shame about being sexual. I'm not embarrassed about it, and I don't feel like I have to protect that side of me because I do believe that sexuality is a power we all have," Queen Bey added.
Many celebrity women have bounced back to shape and lost ample weight immediately after giving birth to babies. Kim Kardashian is also one celebrity who is always eager to show off her post-baby weight loss body whenever she gets a chance.
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton was probably the fastest mommy to bounce back to shape after giving birth to Prince George. She can also be seen wearing glamorous gowns and dresses on various occasions. Motherhood doesn't mean end of personal life and glamor. In fact, it is a new phase of one's life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air