'I Was Very Aware Of the Fact That I Was Showing My Body,' Beyonce On Nudity In 'Partition' [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | January 3, 2014 5:27 PM EST
Beyonce's music video "Partition" has been criticized for being overtly sexy, nude, raunchy and even X-rated. But the mommy of Blue Ivy Carter is unfazed about all the criticisms saying she showed off her body in the music video intentionally as she wanted to prove it to all the mommies around the world that you can still feel sexy and beautiful about your body even after giving birth.
"I was very aware of the fact that I was showing my body," Beyonce said according to Daily Mail. "I was 195 pounds when I gave birth. I lost 65 pounds. I worked crazily to get my body back. I wanted to show my body. I wanted to show that you can have a child and you can work hard and you can get your body back," the wife to Jay Z said.
Beyonce is seen dancing provocatively in the music video "Partition" where she poses as a stripper. She wears thongs and a backless barely there bikini and writhes on all fours on the floor. The whole idea of showing off her body was to let all new mommies that she is not embarrassed about her body and also believes in sexuality post-motherhood.
"I know that there's so many women that feel the same thing after they give birth. You can have your child and you can still have fun and still be sexy and still have dreams and still live for yourself," the 33-year-old singer said.
"I don't have any shame about being sexual. I'm not embarrassed about it, and I don't feel like I have to protect that side of me because I do believe that sexuality is a power we all have," Queen Bey added.
Many celebrity women have bounced back to shape and lost ample weight immediately after giving birth to babies. Kim Kardashian is also one celebrity who is always eager to show off her post-baby weight loss body whenever she gets a chance.
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton was probably the fastest mommy to bounce back to shape after giving birth to Prince George. She can also be seen wearing glamorous gowns and dresses on various occasions. Motherhood doesn't mean end of personal life and glamor. In fact, it is a new phase of one's life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch