'I Was Very Aware Of the Fact That I Was Showing My Body,' Beyonce On Nudity In 'Partition' [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | January 3, 2014 5:27 PM EST
Beyonce's music video "Partition" has been criticized for being overtly sexy, nude, raunchy and even X-rated. But the mommy of Blue Ivy Carter is unfazed about all the criticisms saying she showed off her body in the music video intentionally as she wanted to prove it to all the mommies around the world that you can still feel sexy and beautiful about your body even after giving birth.
"I was very aware of the fact that I was showing my body," Beyonce said according to Daily Mail. "I was 195 pounds when I gave birth. I lost 65 pounds. I worked crazily to get my body back. I wanted to show my body. I wanted to show that you can have a child and you can work hard and you can get your body back," the wife to Jay Z said.
Beyonce is seen dancing provocatively in the music video "Partition" where she poses as a stripper. She wears thongs and a backless barely there bikini and writhes on all fours on the floor. The whole idea of showing off her body was to let all new mommies that she is not embarrassed about her body and also believes in sexuality post-motherhood.
"I know that there's so many women that feel the same thing after they give birth. You can have your child and you can still have fun and still be sexy and still have dreams and still live for yourself," the 33-year-old singer said.
"I don't have any shame about being sexual. I'm not embarrassed about it, and I don't feel like I have to protect that side of me because I do believe that sexuality is a power we all have," Queen Bey added.
Many celebrity women have bounced back to shape and lost ample weight immediately after giving birth to babies. Kim Kardashian is also one celebrity who is always eager to show off her post-baby weight loss body whenever she gets a chance.
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton was probably the fastest mommy to bounce back to shape after giving birth to Prince George. She can also be seen wearing glamorous gowns and dresses on various occasions. Motherhood doesn't mean end of personal life and glamor. In fact, it is a new phase of one's life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage