'I Was Very Aware Of the Fact That I Was Showing My Body,' Beyonce On Nudity In 'Partition' [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | January 3, 2014 5:27 PM EST
Beyonce's music video "Partition" has been criticized for being overtly sexy, nude, raunchy and even X-rated. But the mommy of Blue Ivy Carter is unfazed about all the criticisms saying she showed off her body in the music video intentionally as she wanted to prove it to all the mommies around the world that you can still feel sexy and beautiful about your body even after giving birth.
"I was very aware of the fact that I was showing my body," Beyonce said according to Daily Mail. "I was 195 pounds when I gave birth. I lost 65 pounds. I worked crazily to get my body back. I wanted to show my body. I wanted to show that you can have a child and you can work hard and you can get your body back," the wife to Jay Z said.
Beyonce is seen dancing provocatively in the music video "Partition" where she poses as a stripper. She wears thongs and a backless barely there bikini and writhes on all fours on the floor. The whole idea of showing off her body was to let all new mommies that she is not embarrassed about her body and also believes in sexuality post-motherhood.
"I know that there's so many women that feel the same thing after they give birth. You can have your child and you can still have fun and still be sexy and still have dreams and still live for yourself," the 33-year-old singer said.
"I don't have any shame about being sexual. I'm not embarrassed about it, and I don't feel like I have to protect that side of me because I do believe that sexuality is a power we all have," Queen Bey added.
Many celebrity women have bounced back to shape and lost ample weight immediately after giving birth to babies. Kim Kardashian is also one celebrity who is always eager to show off her post-baby weight loss body whenever she gets a chance.
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton was probably the fastest mommy to bounce back to shape after giving birth to Prince George. She can also be seen wearing glamorous gowns and dresses on various occasions. Motherhood doesn't mean end of personal life and glamor. In fact, it is a new phase of one's life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2