'I Was Very Aware Of the Fact That I Was Showing My Body,' Beyonce On Nudity In 'Partition' [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | January 3, 2014 5:27 PM EST
Beyonce's music video "Partition" has been criticized for being overtly sexy, nude, raunchy and even X-rated. But the mommy of Blue Ivy Carter is unfazed about all the criticisms saying she showed off her body in the music video intentionally as she wanted to prove it to all the mommies around the world that you can still feel sexy and beautiful about your body even after giving birth.
"I was very aware of the fact that I was showing my body," Beyonce said according to Daily Mail. "I was 195 pounds when I gave birth. I lost 65 pounds. I worked crazily to get my body back. I wanted to show my body. I wanted to show that you can have a child and you can work hard and you can get your body back," the wife to Jay Z said.
Beyonce is seen dancing provocatively in the music video "Partition" where she poses as a stripper. She wears thongs and a backless barely there bikini and writhes on all fours on the floor. The whole idea of showing off her body was to let all new mommies that she is not embarrassed about her body and also believes in sexuality post-motherhood.
"I know that there's so many women that feel the same thing after they give birth. You can have your child and you can still have fun and still be sexy and still have dreams and still live for yourself," the 33-year-old singer said.
"I don't have any shame about being sexual. I'm not embarrassed about it, and I don't feel like I have to protect that side of me because I do believe that sexuality is a power we all have," Queen Bey added.
Many celebrity women have bounced back to shape and lost ample weight immediately after giving birth to babies. Kim Kardashian is also one celebrity who is always eager to show off her post-baby weight loss body whenever she gets a chance.
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton was probably the fastest mommy to bounce back to shape after giving birth to Prince George. She can also be seen wearing glamorous gowns and dresses on various occasions. Motherhood doesn't mean end of personal life and glamor. In fact, it is a new phase of one's life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points