Cancelled New Year's Eve Festival at Wet 'n' Wild will Refund Tickets [WATCH]
By Janice Somosot | January 3, 2014 5:18 PM EST
The New Year's Eve Festival that was supposed to take place at the Wet 'n' Wild theme park on Dec. 31, 2013 was cancelled six hours before it was about to start and the theme park's management will reportedly refund tickets that were already sold for the said event.
CREDIT: YouTube/Onecube Entertainment
The Wet 'n' Wild management told Herald Sun that a replacement event (scheduled for Australia Day on Jan. 26, 2013) for the cancelled New Year's Eve Festival will not push through as originally planned.
One Cube Entertainment is the event's organiser and the company cited technical issues as the reason behind the New Year's Eve Festival cancellation. However, no reason was given as to why the replacement event on Australia Day will also be cancelled.
"It could take several days to process refunds on tickets sold by the mini-promoters," said Stowe in a statement that was published in a report by Herald Sun.
Stowe also said that One Cube Entertainment was working with the other mini-promoters to accelerate the process of refunding the tickets. He assured the consumers that they will be refunded as soon as possible.
The Wet 'n' Wild theme park located in western Sydney, Australia just opened in December 2013 and they were heavily criticised for the abrupt cancellation of the highly anticipated event on New Year's Eve.
A lot of the ticket holders were naturally pissed off about the turn of events, even if they will get a refund for the tickets that they bought for the New Year's Eve Festival.
What do the organisers of Wet n Wild NYE Party and The Good Guys have in common? THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY
— Helen Trinh (@helentrinh_) January 3, 2014
Meanwhile, Philip James Drury posted the message below on Wet 'n' Wild Sydney's Facebook page.
"Water you guys going to do instead? I wouldn't let this slide. These organisers are a bit wet behind the ears. Everyone is sending in waves of complaints," wrote Drury on the Facebook page of the Wet 'n' Wild Sydney theme park.
According to the Wet 'n' Wild Sydney and the NYE Festival Web sites, ticket holders can call the ticket refund hotline at 0430 666 999 or email at email@example.com. The ticket refund hotline will only be available between 11am - 5pm from Monday to Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report