Cancelled New Year's Eve Festival at Wet 'n' Wild will Refund Tickets [WATCH]
By Janice Somosot | January 3, 2014 5:18 PM EST
The New Year's Eve Festival that was supposed to take place at the Wet 'n' Wild theme park on Dec. 31, 2013 was cancelled six hours before it was about to start and the theme park's management will reportedly refund tickets that were already sold for the said event.
CREDIT: YouTube/Onecube Entertainment
The Wet 'n' Wild management told Herald Sun that a replacement event (scheduled for Australia Day on Jan. 26, 2013) for the cancelled New Year's Eve Festival will not push through as originally planned.
One Cube Entertainment is the event's organiser and the company cited technical issues as the reason behind the New Year's Eve Festival cancellation. However, no reason was given as to why the replacement event on Australia Day will also be cancelled.
"It could take several days to process refunds on tickets sold by the mini-promoters," said Stowe in a statement that was published in a report by Herald Sun.
Stowe also said that One Cube Entertainment was working with the other mini-promoters to accelerate the process of refunding the tickets. He assured the consumers that they will be refunded as soon as possible.
The Wet 'n' Wild theme park located in western Sydney, Australia just opened in December 2013 and they were heavily criticised for the abrupt cancellation of the highly anticipated event on New Year's Eve.
A lot of the ticket holders were naturally pissed off about the turn of events, even if they will get a refund for the tickets that they bought for the New Year's Eve Festival.
What do the organisers of Wet n Wild NYE Party and The Good Guys have in common? THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY
— Helen Trinh (@helentrinh_) January 3, 2014
Meanwhile, Philip James Drury posted the message below on Wet 'n' Wild Sydney's Facebook page.
"Water you guys going to do instead? I wouldn't let this slide. These organisers are a bit wet behind the ears. Everyone is sending in waves of complaints," wrote Drury on the Facebook page of the Wet 'n' Wild Sydney theme park.
According to the Wet 'n' Wild Sydney and the NYE Festival Web sites, ticket holders can call the ticket refund hotline at 0430 666 999 or email at email@example.com. The ticket refund hotline will only be available between 11am - 5pm from Monday to Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers