'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Will Katherine Pierce Die In 100th Episode? Photo Shows Nina Dobrev With Ashlyn Jade Lopez In Flashback
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 3, 2014 5:05 PM EST
The fate of Katherine Pierce (Nina Dobrev) appears hazy in "The Vampire Diaries" as the fans debate on whether the vampire-turned-human character will live or die in the second half of the series return in its 100th episode titled, "500 Years of Solitude."
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives for the world premiere of Universal Pictures motion picture "Cowboys & Aliens" in conjunction with Comic Con in San Diego
Teen Wolf Season 3B Spoilers: Watch Promo Video for Episode 13 Anchors Showing Scott Losing Control on His Transformation [VIDEO]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: Twitter Post Hints Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to Get Cast as Villain Doomsday?
In Season 5, the Petrova doppelganger is shown battling the inevitable process of aging in humans.
In the Hollywood Life report, still images from the upcoming episode showed the TVD gang gathering around and remembering Katherine's life, including daughter Nadia (Olga Fonda). Executive Producer Caroline Dries has already teased about Katherine's condition and romantic hookup.
"The 100th episode is Katherine on her death bed. She doesn't have a huge fanbase at the Salvatore house where she is, so Stefan is the person who's there for her. But when you're dying, romance isn't exactly on the front burner," Dries said in the TV Line report.
There is a possibility that the hearts of some TVD fans will break if CW decided to kill the doppelganger character. The Wet Paint report argued that Katherine Pierce has been one of the most compelling and entertaining character in the TV series.
The report read: "Katherine is also one of the best things TVD has going for it right now. It would be kind of insane to throw that away, even if it did make a statement in the climactic episode. We, for one, are eager to see the Katherine character (and the Steferine relationship) continue to evolve."
When Season 5 continues this January, fans will be taken back in time somewhere in the 1400s or 1500s to tell the story of a very young Nadia. In another report, a shared Twitter photo currently circulates showing actress Nina Dobrev with childstar Ashlyn Jade Lopez who will portray the young version of co-star Olga Fonda.
Find out what will happen to Katherine Pierce when "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 returns with the 100th episode titled, "500 Years of Solitude." The brand new episode is set to air Thursday night, Jan. 23, at 8 p.m. EST on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Spoilers: Executive Producer Michael Narducci Hints Someone Else Knows about Rebekah and Marcel's Secret - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Wins 2013 Hottie of the Year Poll - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon