‘Reign’ Episode 9 Spoilers: Francis Learns of Prophecy; Mary’s Mom Introduced
By Anshu Shrivastava | January 3, 2014 4:58 PM EST
The mid-season finale of "Reign" ended on a note of Mary and Bash galloping away, together on their horses, while Francis collapses on the ground watching them disappear. Mary decides to ditch Francis after it dawns-upon her that Nostradamus prophecy can come true, that Francis will die if he marries Mary.
In the upcoming episode, "For King and Country," Francis will come to know about Nostradamus prophecy. He is determined to marry Mary despite her choosing to gallop away with his brother. Mary and Bash will not be away from the castle for a long time, as they both are captured and brought back to the castle.
Francis' determination to Mary will make Catherine determined to destroy Mary. She will conspire to get her eliminated. Also, the upcoming episode is likely to show the widening gap between Bash and Francis. The King of France will have his own plans for France. One of the pieces used to achieve that plan might be Mary, as King Henry will push for the marriage of Mary and Francis.
Mary's mom is also expected to be introduced in "For King and Country." According to an E! Online report, the role of Mary's mother, Marie de Guise, will be played by Amy Brenneman. The mother will come back in Mary's life and throw her "off-kilter," E! Online reports.
Adelaide Kane said to E! Online: "Her [Mary's mother] character's kind of delicious and sort of Catherine-esque in her manipulations. Where Catherine uses her children, she still ultimately loves them and wants their happiness. With Marie de Guise, she does use Mary, and it's questionable whether or not she's emotionally invested in Mary's emotional well-being."
"Reign" returns on January 23, 2014, with episode 9, "For King and Country." Official synopsis of the upcoming episode: When Mary and Bash are captured and forced to return to the castle, they discover Catherine waiting and even more determined to keep Mary and Francis apart. Francis learns of the prophecy, but his determination to wed Mary changes everything: in love in politics, tearing the bond of brothers apart, and hardening Catherine's resolve to destroy Mary at any cost.
Helen Shaver has directed the episode. Alan McCullough has written the story, while teleplay is credited to Alan McCullough and Edgar Lyall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff