‘Reign’ Episode 9 Spoilers: Francis Learns of Prophecy; Mary’s Mom Introduced
By Anshu Shrivastava | January 3, 2014 4:58 PM EST
The mid-season finale of "Reign" ended on a note of Mary and Bash galloping away, together on their horses, while Francis collapses on the ground watching them disappear. Mary decides to ditch Francis after it dawns-upon her that Nostradamus prophecy can come true, that Francis will die if he marries Mary.
In the upcoming episode, "For King and Country," Francis will come to know about Nostradamus prophecy. He is determined to marry Mary despite her choosing to gallop away with his brother. Mary and Bash will not be away from the castle for a long time, as they both are captured and brought back to the castle.
Francis' determination to Mary will make Catherine determined to destroy Mary. She will conspire to get her eliminated. Also, the upcoming episode is likely to show the widening gap between Bash and Francis. The King of France will have his own plans for France. One of the pieces used to achieve that plan might be Mary, as King Henry will push for the marriage of Mary and Francis.
Mary's mom is also expected to be introduced in "For King and Country." According to an E! Online report, the role of Mary's mother, Marie de Guise, will be played by Amy Brenneman. The mother will come back in Mary's life and throw her "off-kilter," E! Online reports.
Adelaide Kane said to E! Online: "Her [Mary's mother] character's kind of delicious and sort of Catherine-esque in her manipulations. Where Catherine uses her children, she still ultimately loves them and wants their happiness. With Marie de Guise, she does use Mary, and it's questionable whether or not she's emotionally invested in Mary's emotional well-being."
"Reign" returns on January 23, 2014, with episode 9, "For King and Country." Official synopsis of the upcoming episode: When Mary and Bash are captured and forced to return to the castle, they discover Catherine waiting and even more determined to keep Mary and Francis apart. Francis learns of the prophecy, but his determination to wed Mary changes everything: in love in politics, tearing the bond of brothers apart, and hardening Catherine's resolve to destroy Mary at any cost.
Helen Shaver has directed the episode. Alan McCullough has written the story, while teleplay is credited to Alan McCullough and Edgar Lyall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate