‘Reign’ Episode 9 Spoilers: Francis Learns of Prophecy; Mary’s Mom Introduced
By Anshu Shrivastava | January 3, 2014 4:58 PM EST
The mid-season finale of "Reign" ended on a note of Mary and Bash galloping away, together on their horses, while Francis collapses on the ground watching them disappear. Mary decides to ditch Francis after it dawns-upon her that Nostradamus prophecy can come true, that Francis will die if he marries Mary.
In the upcoming episode, "For King and Country," Francis will come to know about Nostradamus prophecy. He is determined to marry Mary despite her choosing to gallop away with his brother. Mary and Bash will not be away from the castle for a long time, as they both are captured and brought back to the castle.
Francis' determination to Mary will make Catherine determined to destroy Mary. She will conspire to get her eliminated. Also, the upcoming episode is likely to show the widening gap between Bash and Francis. The King of France will have his own plans for France. One of the pieces used to achieve that plan might be Mary, as King Henry will push for the marriage of Mary and Francis.
Mary's mom is also expected to be introduced in "For King and Country." According to an E! Online report, the role of Mary's mother, Marie de Guise, will be played by Amy Brenneman. The mother will come back in Mary's life and throw her "off-kilter," E! Online reports.
Adelaide Kane said to E! Online: "Her [Mary's mother] character's kind of delicious and sort of Catherine-esque in her manipulations. Where Catherine uses her children, she still ultimately loves them and wants their happiness. With Marie de Guise, she does use Mary, and it's questionable whether or not she's emotionally invested in Mary's emotional well-being."
"Reign" returns on January 23, 2014, with episode 9, "For King and Country." Official synopsis of the upcoming episode: When Mary and Bash are captured and forced to return to the castle, they discover Catherine waiting and even more determined to keep Mary and Francis apart. Francis learns of the prophecy, but his determination to wed Mary changes everything: in love in politics, tearing the bond of brothers apart, and hardening Catherine's resolve to destroy Mary at any cost.
Helen Shaver has directed the episode. Alan McCullough has written the story, while teleplay is credited to Alan McCullough and Edgar Lyall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family