‘Reign’ Episode 9 Spoilers: Francis Learns of Prophecy; Mary’s Mom Introduced
By Anshu Shrivastava | January 3, 2014 4:58 PM EST
The mid-season finale of "Reign" ended on a note of Mary and Bash galloping away, together on their horses, while Francis collapses on the ground watching them disappear. Mary decides to ditch Francis after it dawns-upon her that Nostradamus prophecy can come true, that Francis will die if he marries Mary.
In the upcoming episode, "For King and Country," Francis will come to know about Nostradamus prophecy. He is determined to marry Mary despite her choosing to gallop away with his brother. Mary and Bash will not be away from the castle for a long time, as they both are captured and brought back to the castle.
Francis' determination to Mary will make Catherine determined to destroy Mary. She will conspire to get her eliminated. Also, the upcoming episode is likely to show the widening gap between Bash and Francis. The King of France will have his own plans for France. One of the pieces used to achieve that plan might be Mary, as King Henry will push for the marriage of Mary and Francis.
Mary's mom is also expected to be introduced in "For King and Country." According to an E! Online report, the role of Mary's mother, Marie de Guise, will be played by Amy Brenneman. The mother will come back in Mary's life and throw her "off-kilter," E! Online reports.
Adelaide Kane said to E! Online: "Her [Mary's mother] character's kind of delicious and sort of Catherine-esque in her manipulations. Where Catherine uses her children, she still ultimately loves them and wants their happiness. With Marie de Guise, she does use Mary, and it's questionable whether or not she's emotionally invested in Mary's emotional well-being."
"Reign" returns on January 23, 2014, with episode 9, "For King and Country." Official synopsis of the upcoming episode: When Mary and Bash are captured and forced to return to the castle, they discover Catherine waiting and even more determined to keep Mary and Francis apart. Francis learns of the prophecy, but his determination to wed Mary changes everything: in love in politics, tearing the bond of brothers apart, and hardening Catherine's resolve to destroy Mary at any cost.
Helen Shaver has directed the episode. Alan McCullough has written the story, while teleplay is credited to Alan McCullough and Edgar Lyall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier