Ricky Martin Splits Long-Time BF
By Riza Ornos | January 3, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Former "Menudo" singer, Ricky Martin, splits with his long-time partner, Carlos Gonzalez Abella, after 3 years of dating, confirmed by Us Weekly. The split reportedly occurred before the holiday break and was confirmed by Martin's representative, although the singer do not want to comment at this time.
"Ricky and Carlos have mutually agreed to end their relationship but continue to be united by friendship and their shared experiences," according to Martin's spokesperson.
And because of this split up the Latin singer recently showed up solo on his gig at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort in Cancun on a NYE party. The "Livin La Vida Loca" singer and Gonzalez started dating in 2011 after the famous hitmaker publicly "came out" in May 2010 on his personal website.
The 42-year-old singer and his stock broker boyfriend welcomed twin boys via a surrogate mother and they could never been happier back in August 2008. "Ricky is elated to begin this new chapter in his life as a parent and will be spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight in order to spend time with his children," told Martin's rep to Us Weekly.
The twins, Matteo and Valentino, are now 5 years old, and right now, there are no confirmed news on who gets to take care of the kids. Just before the 2013 ended, Martin hinting about the breakup via his Twitter account.
According to a source who told People magazine in November, distance could be one of the primary issue and the catalyst of the breakup. "They've spent very little time together and have grown apart," the source said. "They've been on the outs for a while now," the source added.
Back in the "Happy" days, Martin even thank his partner publicly when he accepted his Vito Russo Award at the GLAAD Media Awards. "I definitely need to thank my parents for being so supportive, my mother and my dad for their unconditional love, and my friends, my family, my fans. And my partner in crime and my boyfriend Carlos," he said in his speech.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation