Ricky Martin Splits Long-Time BF
By Riza Ornos | January 3, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Former "Menudo" singer, Ricky Martin, splits with his long-time partner, Carlos Gonzalez Abella, after 3 years of dating, confirmed by Us Weekly. The split reportedly occurred before the holiday break and was confirmed by Martin's representative, although the singer do not want to comment at this time.
"Ricky and Carlos have mutually agreed to end their relationship but continue to be united by friendship and their shared experiences," according to Martin's spokesperson.
And because of this split up the Latin singer recently showed up solo on his gig at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort in Cancun on a NYE party. The "Livin La Vida Loca" singer and Gonzalez started dating in 2011 after the famous hitmaker publicly "came out" in May 2010 on his personal website.
The 42-year-old singer and his stock broker boyfriend welcomed twin boys via a surrogate mother and they could never been happier back in August 2008. "Ricky is elated to begin this new chapter in his life as a parent and will be spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight in order to spend time with his children," told Martin's rep to Us Weekly.
The twins, Matteo and Valentino, are now 5 years old, and right now, there are no confirmed news on who gets to take care of the kids. Just before the 2013 ended, Martin hinting about the breakup via his Twitter account.
According to a source who told People magazine in November, distance could be one of the primary issue and the catalyst of the breakup. "They've spent very little time together and have grown apart," the source said. "They've been on the outs for a while now," the source added.
Back in the "Happy" days, Martin even thank his partner publicly when he accepted his Vito Russo Award at the GLAAD Media Awards. "I definitely need to thank my parents for being so supportive, my mother and my dad for their unconditional love, and my friends, my family, my fans. And my partner in crime and my boyfriend Carlos," he said in his speech.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage