Ricky Martin Splits Long-Time BF
By Riza Ornos | January 3, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Former "Menudo" singer, Ricky Martin, splits with his long-time partner, Carlos Gonzalez Abella, after 3 years of dating, confirmed by Us Weekly. The split reportedly occurred before the holiday break and was confirmed by Martin's representative, although the singer do not want to comment at this time.
"Ricky and Carlos have mutually agreed to end their relationship but continue to be united by friendship and their shared experiences," according to Martin's spokesperson.
And because of this split up the Latin singer recently showed up solo on his gig at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort in Cancun on a NYE party. The "Livin La Vida Loca" singer and Gonzalez started dating in 2011 after the famous hitmaker publicly "came out" in May 2010 on his personal website.
The 42-year-old singer and his stock broker boyfriend welcomed twin boys via a surrogate mother and they could never been happier back in August 2008. "Ricky is elated to begin this new chapter in his life as a parent and will be spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight in order to spend time with his children," told Martin's rep to Us Weekly.
The twins, Matteo and Valentino, are now 5 years old, and right now, there are no confirmed news on who gets to take care of the kids. Just before the 2013 ended, Martin hinting about the breakup via his Twitter account.
According to a source who told People magazine in November, distance could be one of the primary issue and the catalyst of the breakup. "They've spent very little time together and have grown apart," the source said. "They've been on the outs for a while now," the source added.
Back in the "Happy" days, Martin even thank his partner publicly when he accepted his Vito Russo Award at the GLAAD Media Awards. "I definitely need to thank my parents for being so supportive, my mother and my dad for their unconditional love, and my friends, my family, my fans. And my partner in crime and my boyfriend Carlos," he said in his speech.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown