Ricky Martin Splits Long-Time BF
By Riza Ornos | January 3, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Former "Menudo" singer, Ricky Martin, splits with his long-time partner, Carlos Gonzalez Abella, after 3 years of dating, confirmed by Us Weekly. The split reportedly occurred before the holiday break and was confirmed by Martin's representative, although the singer do not want to comment at this time.
"Ricky and Carlos have mutually agreed to end their relationship but continue to be united by friendship and their shared experiences," according to Martin's spokesperson.
And because of this split up the Latin singer recently showed up solo on his gig at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort in Cancun on a NYE party. The "Livin La Vida Loca" singer and Gonzalez started dating in 2011 after the famous hitmaker publicly "came out" in May 2010 on his personal website.
The 42-year-old singer and his stock broker boyfriend welcomed twin boys via a surrogate mother and they could never been happier back in August 2008. "Ricky is elated to begin this new chapter in his life as a parent and will be spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight in order to spend time with his children," told Martin's rep to Us Weekly.
The twins, Matteo and Valentino, are now 5 years old, and right now, there are no confirmed news on who gets to take care of the kids. Just before the 2013 ended, Martin hinting about the breakup via his Twitter account.
According to a source who told People magazine in November, distance could be one of the primary issue and the catalyst of the breakup. "They've spent very little time together and have grown apart," the source said. "They've been on the outs for a while now," the source added.
Back in the "Happy" days, Martin even thank his partner publicly when he accepted his Vito Russo Award at the GLAAD Media Awards. "I definitely need to thank my parents for being so supportive, my mother and my dad for their unconditional love, and my friends, my family, my fans. And my partner in crime and my boyfriend Carlos," he said in his speech.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family