Ricky Martin Splits Long-Time BF
By Riza Ornos | January 3, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Former "Menudo" singer, Ricky Martin, splits with his long-time partner, Carlos Gonzalez Abella, after 3 years of dating, confirmed by Us Weekly. The split reportedly occurred before the holiday break and was confirmed by Martin's representative, although the singer do not want to comment at this time.
"Ricky and Carlos have mutually agreed to end their relationship but continue to be united by friendship and their shared experiences," according to Martin's spokesperson.
And because of this split up the Latin singer recently showed up solo on his gig at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort in Cancun on a NYE party. The "Livin La Vida Loca" singer and Gonzalez started dating in 2011 after the famous hitmaker publicly "came out" in May 2010 on his personal website.
The 42-year-old singer and his stock broker boyfriend welcomed twin boys via a surrogate mother and they could never been happier back in August 2008. "Ricky is elated to begin this new chapter in his life as a parent and will be spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight in order to spend time with his children," told Martin's rep to Us Weekly.
The twins, Matteo and Valentino, are now 5 years old, and right now, there are no confirmed news on who gets to take care of the kids. Just before the 2013 ended, Martin hinting about the breakup via his Twitter account.
According to a source who told People magazine in November, distance could be one of the primary issue and the catalyst of the breakup. "They've spent very little time together and have grown apart," the source said. "They've been on the outs for a while now," the source added.
Back in the "Happy" days, Martin even thank his partner publicly when he accepted his Vito Russo Award at the GLAAD Media Awards. "I definitely need to thank my parents for being so supportive, my mother and my dad for their unconditional love, and my friends, my family, my fans. And my partner in crime and my boyfriend Carlos," he said in his speech.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date