Top 8 Hair and Makeup Trends For Summer 2014
By Jesselle Maminta | January 3, 2014 4:48 PM EST
Want to update your look this season? Fret no more, we will give you the latest hair and makeup trends straight from the runway for the designers' Spring-Summer 2014 collections. They're totally wearable!
1. Soft Berry And Orange Lips
Most designers have their models wear either orange or softer shade of berry as they strut the catwalk. Orange is totally wearable so long as you pick a shade that flatters you. The same goes with soft berry and it can go from work to party mode in no time.
2. Messy Plaits
Got long hair? Why not plait it? Braids has been a trend in the past few seasons. It's easier to achieve this look with some online braiding tutorials. There's no need to be too neat - the messier, the better!
3. Layer On Color
Models at Marc by Marc Jacobs wore blue eyes. The look was achieved by patting on cream shadow on the lids and then topping it off with a powder shadow in a similar shade. This trick intensifies the eyeshadow color so go ahead and try this with other colors.
4. Extreme Side Part
Changing the part of your hair has been proven to instantly change the look with minimal effort. Why not take it up a notch higher by taking the part deeper for a 1930s inspired look. If you want more body in your hairstyle, use your fingers to style your hair.
5. Cat Eye
Looks like cat-eyes are here to stay with the look appearing season after season. Mally Roncal, who did the cat-eye look for the models of Tracy Reese, suggests keeping a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover handy to ensure a clean line.
6. Bed Head
The 'bed head' look is rougher than beach waves. The way to achieve the look is easier than waking up from a deep sleep. Peter Gray suggests skipping shampoo every other day but keeping the conditioner habit every day. "This will give your hair texture without grease," he said.
7. Glowing Skin
Nothing beats glowing skin to usher in the sunny season. Makeup artists swear by illuminators and lightly-shimmered bronzers to achieve the luminous look, either in the entire face or areas that wish to be highlighted.
8. Waves And Curls
The runway has seen hairstyles that are anything but stick-straight, and waves and curls are some of them. In particular, glossy mermaid waves and retro pinup curls. Mark Hampton of Toni & Guy used an hourglass-shaped curler to achieve the mermaid waves. Gray advises twisting small hair sections and securing them with bobby pins while still wet, then shaking them loose once they dry.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen