Most Wearable Trends For Summer 2014 - Because It's Never Too Late To Wear 'Em
By Jesselle Maminta | January 3, 2014 4:43 PM EST
Summer Down Under is halfway through. But there's still some time to try out these fashion trends that can adapt from the office, to summer parties, or any other occasion.
1. Pastel Colors
Pastel colors are the official colors of spring and summer. Spring-Summer 2014 collections are no exception. What is the best part? You can pick the color that flatters you and wear it in any clothing you wish, be it in a party-ready dress, work-appropriate suit or casual cut-off shorts. Want to try the trend in a subtle way? Try pastel nail colors.
2. Sporty Chic
The runway is littered with clothing items almost lifted off the sports arenas such as tennis skirts, shirt dresses, athletic stripes and so on. So if you're tired of your structured blazers and crisp shirts, let these sporty-chic items help you ease up your work wardrobe.
3. Fifty Shades of Gray
Pantone may have declared Radiant Orchid as the official color for 2014. But the erotic novel may have made its influence in the runway. Calvin Klein and Armani have gray-colored items in their collections, so why not follow suit and try gray instead of the usual black?
4. Wide-Leg Trousers
Don't believe them when they tell you that wide-leg trousers are for six-footer models only. You can definitely rock them this summer - lean-flared, high-waisted pairs flatter anyone. Remember to contrast the billowy pants with a top that's fitted closer to the skin.
5. Bomber And Boxy Jackets
It may be hot outside but if you feel the need for a cover-up, why not try a jacket with a loose, boxier fit? Bomber jackets and those boxy types which are 'almost-but-not-quite-moto' jackets are on trend this season. s, it tempers the girliness of a dress or the stiffness of the white shirt and trousers combo.
6. Nautical Swimmers
If you're looking for something to wear for your next beach holiday, look no further from nauticals. For a new twist on the classic theme, look for details other than the classic navy blue. How about a nautical striped swimsuit in cherry red or coral? Or rope print? Or suits with gold or silver buttons?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner - Selena Gomez Feud Takes New Twist: Justin Goes Out On Date With Kendall Leaving Selena Alone [VIDEO]
- Kendall Jenner Rally Together With Cara Delevingne In Fight For Feminism
- Kendall Jenner Dons Another Daring Outfit For Sonia Rykiel At Paris Fashion Week
- Kardashian Sisters Collaborate With Younger Brother Rob For Arthur George Sock Party At DASH Miami
- Kanye West Grabs Kim Kardashian's Ass And She Shows Off More Skin During Paris Fashion Week
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes