Most Wearable Trends For Summer 2014 - Because It's Never Too Late To Wear 'Em
By Jesselle Maminta | January 3, 2014 4:43 PM EST
Summer Down Under is halfway through. But there's still some time to try out these fashion trends that can adapt from the office, to summer parties, or any other occasion.
1. Pastel Colors
Pastel colors are the official colors of spring and summer. Spring-Summer 2014 collections are no exception. What is the best part? You can pick the color that flatters you and wear it in any clothing you wish, be it in a party-ready dress, work-appropriate suit or casual cut-off shorts. Want to try the trend in a subtle way? Try pastel nail colors.
2. Sporty Chic
The runway is littered with clothing items almost lifted off the sports arenas such as tennis skirts, shirt dresses, athletic stripes and so on. So if you're tired of your structured blazers and crisp shirts, let these sporty-chic items help you ease up your work wardrobe.
3. Fifty Shades of Gray
Pantone may have declared Radiant Orchid as the official color for 2014. But the erotic novel may have made its influence in the runway. Calvin Klein and Armani have gray-colored items in their collections, so why not follow suit and try gray instead of the usual black?
4. Wide-Leg Trousers
Don't believe them when they tell you that wide-leg trousers are for six-footer models only. You can definitely rock them this summer - lean-flared, high-waisted pairs flatter anyone. Remember to contrast the billowy pants with a top that's fitted closer to the skin.
5. Bomber And Boxy Jackets
It may be hot outside but if you feel the need for a cover-up, why not try a jacket with a loose, boxier fit? Bomber jackets and those boxy types which are 'almost-but-not-quite-moto' jackets are on trend this season. s, it tempers the girliness of a dress or the stiffness of the white shirt and trousers combo.
6. Nautical Swimmers
If you're looking for something to wear for your next beach holiday, look no further from nauticals. For a new twist on the classic theme, look for details other than the classic navy blue. How about a nautical striped swimsuit in cherry red or coral? Or rope print? Or suits with gold or silver buttons?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Lindsay Lohan Poses In Silk Underwear For Wonderland Magazine, Talks About Her Favourite Fashion Brands, Shares Beauty Tips [SEE VIDEO]
- Kim Kardashian Exposes Butt As She Becomes Victim To Another Wardrobe Malfunction
- Jessica Alba Talks About Her Entrepreneurial Side, Says She Considers Jennifer Lopez As Her Idol
- Post Nude Photo Scandal, Jennifer Lawrence Is 'Powerful' Woman For Dior Campaign, Wears Inspirational Message T-Shirt [SEE VIDEO]
- French Designer Jean Paul Gaultier Quits Ready To Wear Segment To Focus More On Haute Couture [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet