Samsung Galaxy S5 to launch alongside metal Galaxy F, the new ultra premium line?
By Vanessa Francisco | January 3, 2014 4:27 PM EST
New information has emerged suggesting that Samsung will release the Samsung Galaxy S5 alongside the metal Samsung Galaxy F. The metallic sample of the Samsung Galaxy F was reportedly developed in Europe and is now being transferred to the new Samsung production plant in Vietnam. Other reports say The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be released before the Samsung Galaxy F launches soon afterwards.
The name might already be confusing because it deviates from Samsung's usual naming convention. However, Samsung previously released a one-letter Galaxy device dubbed as the Galaxy J, which was originally intended only for the Japanese market but was later on launched in Taiwan as well. It is yet to be revealed what the "F" stands for but it can also just be a codename that can just be changed later on.
Previous speculations also suggested that the Samsung Galaxy F is the first device in the company's new "ultra-premium" line of smartphones, with it being the highest version of the Galaxy S5. No word clarifies whether the Samsung Galaxy F will be different only in material or have better specs than the Galaxy S5.
Rumours suggest that the Galaxy S5 will sport a 1080p Full HD display, while the Samsung Galaxy F will bump the resolution to QHD 2K 2560 x 1600p. While the Galaxy S5 was previously rumoured to have a full metal body panel, it appears to be reserved for the Galaxy F.
According to leaked benchmarks though, the Galaxy S5 will feature a 2.5 GHz quad core SnapDragon 800 processor and 3 GB of RAM with an Adreno 330 GPU. The device will naturally run Android 4.4 KitKat and boast of a 16 MP rear camera and a secondary 2 MP front one. The specs sheet includes 32 GB of internal storage, too.
Initially, the Samsung Galaxy S5 was rumoured to have a curved or flexible form factor similar to the Samsung Galaxy Curve but it has been disproved by the recent leaked information. Samsung is strongly speculated to release the Galaxy S5 at an event at the same time as the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 with a released date pointing to March of this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2