Samsung Galaxy S5 to launch alongside metal Galaxy F, the new ultra premium line?
By Vanessa Francisco | January 3, 2014 4:27 PM EST
New information has emerged suggesting that Samsung will release the Samsung Galaxy S5 alongside the metal Samsung Galaxy F. The metallic sample of the Samsung Galaxy F was reportedly developed in Europe and is now being transferred to the new Samsung production plant in Vietnam. Other reports say The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be released before the Samsung Galaxy F launches soon afterwards.
The name might already be confusing because it deviates from Samsung's usual naming convention. However, Samsung previously released a one-letter Galaxy device dubbed as the Galaxy J, which was originally intended only for the Japanese market but was later on launched in Taiwan as well. It is yet to be revealed what the "F" stands for but it can also just be a codename that can just be changed later on.
Previous speculations also suggested that the Samsung Galaxy F is the first device in the company's new "ultra-premium" line of smartphones, with it being the highest version of the Galaxy S5. No word clarifies whether the Samsung Galaxy F will be different only in material or have better specs than the Galaxy S5.
Rumours suggest that the Galaxy S5 will sport a 1080p Full HD display, while the Samsung Galaxy F will bump the resolution to QHD 2K 2560 x 1600p. While the Galaxy S5 was previously rumoured to have a full metal body panel, it appears to be reserved for the Galaxy F.
According to leaked benchmarks though, the Galaxy S5 will feature a 2.5 GHz quad core SnapDragon 800 processor and 3 GB of RAM with an Adreno 330 GPU. The device will naturally run Android 4.4 KitKat and boast of a 16 MP rear camera and a secondary 2 MP front one. The specs sheet includes 32 GB of internal storage, too.
Initially, the Samsung Galaxy S5 was rumoured to have a curved or flexible form factor similar to the Samsung Galaxy Curve but it has been disproved by the recent leaked information. Samsung is strongly speculated to release the Galaxy S5 at an event at the same time as the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 with a released date pointing to March of this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports