Samsung Galaxy S5 to launch alongside metal Galaxy F, the new ultra premium line?
By Vanessa Francisco | January 3, 2014 4:27 PM EST
New information has emerged suggesting that Samsung will release the Samsung Galaxy S5 alongside the metal Samsung Galaxy F. The metallic sample of the Samsung Galaxy F was reportedly developed in Europe and is now being transferred to the new Samsung production plant in Vietnam. Other reports say The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be released before the Samsung Galaxy F launches soon afterwards.
The name might already be confusing because it deviates from Samsung's usual naming convention. However, Samsung previously released a one-letter Galaxy device dubbed as the Galaxy J, which was originally intended only for the Japanese market but was later on launched in Taiwan as well. It is yet to be revealed what the "F" stands for but it can also just be a codename that can just be changed later on.
Previous speculations also suggested that the Samsung Galaxy F is the first device in the company's new "ultra-premium" line of smartphones, with it being the highest version of the Galaxy S5. No word clarifies whether the Samsung Galaxy F will be different only in material or have better specs than the Galaxy S5.
Rumours suggest that the Galaxy S5 will sport a 1080p Full HD display, while the Samsung Galaxy F will bump the resolution to QHD 2K 2560 x 1600p. While the Galaxy S5 was previously rumoured to have a full metal body panel, it appears to be reserved for the Galaxy F.
According to leaked benchmarks though, the Galaxy S5 will feature a 2.5 GHz quad core SnapDragon 800 processor and 3 GB of RAM with an Adreno 330 GPU. The device will naturally run Android 4.4 KitKat and boast of a 16 MP rear camera and a secondary 2 MP front one. The specs sheet includes 32 GB of internal storage, too.
Initially, the Samsung Galaxy S5 was rumoured to have a curved or flexible form factor similar to the Samsung Galaxy Curve but it has been disproved by the recent leaked information. Samsung is strongly speculated to release the Galaxy S5 at an event at the same time as the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 with a released date pointing to March of this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date