Samsung Galaxy S5 to launch alongside metal Galaxy F, the new ultra premium line?
By Vanessa Francisco | January 3, 2014 4:27 PM EST
New information has emerged suggesting that Samsung will release the Samsung Galaxy S5 alongside the metal Samsung Galaxy F. The metallic sample of the Samsung Galaxy F was reportedly developed in Europe and is now being transferred to the new Samsung production plant in Vietnam. Other reports say The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be released before the Samsung Galaxy F launches soon afterwards.
The name might already be confusing because it deviates from Samsung's usual naming convention. However, Samsung previously released a one-letter Galaxy device dubbed as the Galaxy J, which was originally intended only for the Japanese market but was later on launched in Taiwan as well. It is yet to be revealed what the "F" stands for but it can also just be a codename that can just be changed later on.
Previous speculations also suggested that the Samsung Galaxy F is the first device in the company's new "ultra-premium" line of smartphones, with it being the highest version of the Galaxy S5. No word clarifies whether the Samsung Galaxy F will be different only in material or have better specs than the Galaxy S5.
Rumours suggest that the Galaxy S5 will sport a 1080p Full HD display, while the Samsung Galaxy F will bump the resolution to QHD 2K 2560 x 1600p. While the Galaxy S5 was previously rumoured to have a full metal body panel, it appears to be reserved for the Galaxy F.
According to leaked benchmarks though, the Galaxy S5 will feature a 2.5 GHz quad core SnapDragon 800 processor and 3 GB of RAM with an Adreno 330 GPU. The device will naturally run Android 4.4 KitKat and boast of a 16 MP rear camera and a secondary 2 MP front one. The specs sheet includes 32 GB of internal storage, too.
Initially, the Samsung Galaxy S5 was rumoured to have a curved or flexible form factor similar to the Samsung Galaxy Curve but it has been disproved by the recent leaked information. Samsung is strongly speculated to release the Galaxy S5 at an event at the same time as the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 with a released date pointing to March of this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM