Samsung Galaxy S5 to launch alongside metal Galaxy F, the new ultra premium line?
By Vanessa Francisco | January 3, 2014 4:27 PM EST
New information has emerged suggesting that Samsung will release the Samsung Galaxy S5 alongside the metal Samsung Galaxy F. The metallic sample of the Samsung Galaxy F was reportedly developed in Europe and is now being transferred to the new Samsung production plant in Vietnam. Other reports say The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be released before the Samsung Galaxy F launches soon afterwards.
The name might already be confusing because it deviates from Samsung's usual naming convention. However, Samsung previously released a one-letter Galaxy device dubbed as the Galaxy J, which was originally intended only for the Japanese market but was later on launched in Taiwan as well. It is yet to be revealed what the "F" stands for but it can also just be a codename that can just be changed later on.
Previous speculations also suggested that the Samsung Galaxy F is the first device in the company's new "ultra-premium" line of smartphones, with it being the highest version of the Galaxy S5. No word clarifies whether the Samsung Galaxy F will be different only in material or have better specs than the Galaxy S5.
Rumours suggest that the Galaxy S5 will sport a 1080p Full HD display, while the Samsung Galaxy F will bump the resolution to QHD 2K 2560 x 1600p. While the Galaxy S5 was previously rumoured to have a full metal body panel, it appears to be reserved for the Galaxy F.
According to leaked benchmarks though, the Galaxy S5 will feature a 2.5 GHz quad core SnapDragon 800 processor and 3 GB of RAM with an Adreno 330 GPU. The device will naturally run Android 4.4 KitKat and boast of a 16 MP rear camera and a secondary 2 MP front one. The specs sheet includes 32 GB of internal storage, too.
Initially, the Samsung Galaxy S5 was rumoured to have a curved or flexible form factor similar to the Samsung Galaxy Curve but it has been disproved by the recent leaked information. Samsung is strongly speculated to release the Galaxy S5 at an event at the same time as the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 with a released date pointing to March of this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports