The Best Android Phones for 2014 including Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play Editions [WATCH]
By Janice Somosot | January 3, 2014 4:18 PM EST
There are a lot of amazing Android phones out in the market today and it gets better and better every year. In fact, there are a lot of options for Android phones now that are giving the Apple iPhones some stiff competition. Take a look at some of the best Android phones for 2014 including Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play Editions (GPE).
Google's Android 4.3 operating system, is displayed during a Google event at Dogpatch Studio in San Francisco, California, in this July 24, 2013 file photo. A U.S. appeals court on December 4, 2013 closely questioned Google's claim that Oracle does not enjoy copyright protection over certain parts of the Java programming language. Oracle sued Google in 2010, claiming that Google had improperly incorporated parts of Oracle's Java programming language into the Android operating system. REUTERS/Beck Diefenbach/Files
1. Google Nexus 5 - prices start at $349
The Google Nexus 5 smartphone runs on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. It has a SnapdragonTM 800, 2.26GHz processor, a 4G/LTE and Dualband Wi-Fi and a 4.95" 1920x1080 display (445 ppi) with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 Full HD IPS screen. Its size is 4.8 oz. and 8.59mm. Plus, it offers wireless charging.
2. HTC One Google Play Edition -
Google is on a roll with its release of special Google Play editions of popular smartphones including the HTC One smartphone. It runs on Android 4.4 KitKat. It has a beautiful 4.7 inch Liquid-crystal display (LCD) screen. Plus, it has an amazing video and editing software that stitches together images into short 3-second movie clips called "Zoe shorts." Click HERE to read CNet's full review of the HTC One Google Play Edition.
CREDIT: YouTube/Android Authority)
3. Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition -
Google and Samsung Galaxy S4 means a powerhouse Android phone that is jam-packed with amazing features, including a bright and vivid organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen display, plus the newest Android 4.4 KitKat. It also has a great 13-megapixel camera, which can take crystal clear and professional looking photos. Plus, this smartphone has an expansion slot for a Secure Digital (SD) card and a removable battery to boot.
The Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play Editions smartphones are just some of the best Android phones for 2014. Of course, let's not forget the Google Nexus 4, Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition, Motorola Moto X and the Motorola Moto G smartphones which are also great Android phones. Apple iPhones better watch their back, because it's starting to look like Android phones are dominating the smartphone industry, which was previously ruled by Apple's iOS. It doesn't even matter if it's a Nexus phone, Google Play Edition device or Motorola phone because all these have teamed up in the Android side to beat the iOS side.
- READ MORE:
5 Tips and Apps for Better Android Phones [WATCH] (Click HERE)
HTC One Leads List of 5 Best Android Phones (VIDEOS) (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6