The Best Android Phones for 2014 including Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play Editions [WATCH]
By Janice Somosot | January 3, 2014 4:18 PM EST
There are a lot of amazing Android phones out in the market today and it gets better and better every year. In fact, there are a lot of options for Android phones now that are giving the Apple iPhones some stiff competition. Take a look at some of the best Android phones for 2014 including Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play Editions (GPE).
Google's Android 4.3 operating system, is displayed during a Google event at Dogpatch Studio in San Francisco, California, in this July 24, 2013 file photo. A U.S. appeals court on December 4, 2013 closely questioned Google's claim that Oracle does not enjoy copyright protection over certain parts of the Java programming language. Oracle sued Google in 2010, claiming that Google had improperly incorporated parts of Oracle's Java programming language into the Android operating system. REUTERS/Beck Diefenbach/Files
1. Google Nexus 5 - prices start at $349
The Google Nexus 5 smartphone runs on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. It has a SnapdragonTM 800, 2.26GHz processor, a 4G/LTE and Dualband Wi-Fi and a 4.95" 1920x1080 display (445 ppi) with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 Full HD IPS screen. Its size is 4.8 oz. and 8.59mm. Plus, it offers wireless charging.
2. HTC One Google Play Edition -
Google is on a roll with its release of special Google Play editions of popular smartphones including the HTC One smartphone. It runs on Android 4.4 KitKat. It has a beautiful 4.7 inch Liquid-crystal display (LCD) screen. Plus, it has an amazing video and editing software that stitches together images into short 3-second movie clips called "Zoe shorts." Click HERE to read CNet's full review of the HTC One Google Play Edition.
CREDIT: YouTube/Android Authority)
3. Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition -
Google and Samsung Galaxy S4 means a powerhouse Android phone that is jam-packed with amazing features, including a bright and vivid organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen display, plus the newest Android 4.4 KitKat. It also has a great 13-megapixel camera, which can take crystal clear and professional looking photos. Plus, this smartphone has an expansion slot for a Secure Digital (SD) card and a removable battery to boot.
The Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play Editions smartphones are just some of the best Android phones for 2014. Of course, let's not forget the Google Nexus 4, Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition, Motorola Moto X and the Motorola Moto G smartphones which are also great Android phones. Apple iPhones better watch their back, because it's starting to look like Android phones are dominating the smartphone industry, which was previously ruled by Apple's iOS. It doesn't even matter if it's a Nexus phone, Google Play Edition device or Motorola phone because all these have teamed up in the Android side to beat the iOS side.
- READ MORE:
5 Tips and Apps for Better Android Phones [WATCH] (Click HERE)
HTC One Leads List of 5 Best Android Phones (VIDEOS) (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up