The Best Android Phones for 2014 including Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play Editions [WATCH]
By Janice Somosot | January 3, 2014 4:18 PM EST
There are a lot of amazing Android phones out in the market today and it gets better and better every year. In fact, there are a lot of options for Android phones now that are giving the Apple iPhones some stiff competition. Take a look at some of the best Android phones for 2014 including Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play Editions (GPE).
Google's Android 4.3 operating system, is displayed during a Google event at Dogpatch Studio in San Francisco, California, in this July 24, 2013 file photo. A U.S. appeals court on December 4, 2013 closely questioned Google's claim that Oracle does not enjoy copyright protection over certain parts of the Java programming language. Oracle sued Google in 2010, claiming that Google had improperly incorporated parts of Oracle's Java programming language into the Android operating system. REUTERS/Beck Diefenbach/Files
1. Google Nexus 5 - prices start at $349
The Google Nexus 5 smartphone runs on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. It has a SnapdragonTM 800, 2.26GHz processor, a 4G/LTE and Dualband Wi-Fi and a 4.95" 1920x1080 display (445 ppi) with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 Full HD IPS screen. Its size is 4.8 oz. and 8.59mm. Plus, it offers wireless charging.
2. HTC One Google Play Edition -
Google is on a roll with its release of special Google Play editions of popular smartphones including the HTC One smartphone. It runs on Android 4.4 KitKat. It has a beautiful 4.7 inch Liquid-crystal display (LCD) screen. Plus, it has an amazing video and editing software that stitches together images into short 3-second movie clips called "Zoe shorts." Click HERE to read CNet's full review of the HTC One Google Play Edition.
CREDIT: YouTube/Android Authority)
3. Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition -
Google and Samsung Galaxy S4 means a powerhouse Android phone that is jam-packed with amazing features, including a bright and vivid organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen display, plus the newest Android 4.4 KitKat. It also has a great 13-megapixel camera, which can take crystal clear and professional looking photos. Plus, this smartphone has an expansion slot for a Secure Digital (SD) card and a removable battery to boot.
The Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play Editions smartphones are just some of the best Android phones for 2014. Of course, let's not forget the Google Nexus 4, Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition, Motorola Moto X and the Motorola Moto G smartphones which are also great Android phones. Apple iPhones better watch their back, because it's starting to look like Android phones are dominating the smartphone industry, which was previously ruled by Apple's iOS. It doesn't even matter if it's a Nexus phone, Google Play Edition device or Motorola phone because all these have teamed up in the Android side to beat the iOS side.
- READ MORE:
5 Tips and Apps for Better Android Phones [WATCH] (Click HERE)
HTC One Leads List of 5 Best Android Phones (VIDEOS) (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’