Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Leaks Android 4.3, 5-inch Display?
By Vanessa Francisco | January 3, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Samsung seemed to be all set in introducing its newest device called Galaxy Grand Neo. SammyHub has reportedly revealed the specs of Samsung's rumored mid-range smartphone, the Galaxy Grand Neo, which appears to fit the previously speculated Galaxy Grand Lite. It might be the same device.
According to SammyHub, the rumored Galaxy Grand Neo will have a 5-inch WVGA 800 x 480 pixel display and a 1.2GHz quad core A7 processor similar to the Galaxy Grand 2. There is no available data regarding the screen technology. It also claimed the supposed Galaxy Grand Neo will have Samsung's high-end feature, the "Multi Window" and run TouchWiz-ed Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
The design is speculated to feature a soft-touch rear panel like the ones seen on the Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Grand 2. The site also expects the Galaxy Grand Neo's price to be lower than the Galaxy Grand 2. No details about other specs of the rumored Galaxy Grand Neo have been revealed like battery, RAM, dual-SIM functionality and camera features.
Earlier reports claimed Samsung was working on a Galaxy Grand Lite variant with specs, including 5-inch display with 480 x 800 pixel resolution, 5 MP rear camera, dual-SIM functionality, VGA front facing camera, 1GB of RAM, 1.2 GHz quad core processor, 2100 mAh battery and 8 GB internal storage with microSD card support. The supposed Galaxy Grand Lite is seen to come in three color versions: orange, black and lime green.
Reportedly, the Galaxy Grand Lite, codenamed GT-19060 has reached the American government-owned Federal Communication Commission. It could also be the Galaxy Grand Neo, simply with a different name, depending on the region where the device is being sold.
The leaked image only showed the front part of the smartphone but it is still unsure if it would sport a leather-like back panel similar to the Galaxy Grand 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install