Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Leaks Android 4.3, 5-inch Display?
By Vanessa Francisco | January 3, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Samsung seemed to be all set in introducing its newest device called Galaxy Grand Neo. SammyHub has reportedly revealed the specs of Samsung's rumored mid-range smartphone, the Galaxy Grand Neo, which appears to fit the previously speculated Galaxy Grand Lite. It might be the same device.
According to SammyHub, the rumored Galaxy Grand Neo will have a 5-inch WVGA 800 x 480 pixel display and a 1.2GHz quad core A7 processor similar to the Galaxy Grand 2. There is no available data regarding the screen technology. It also claimed the supposed Galaxy Grand Neo will have Samsung's high-end feature, the "Multi Window" and run TouchWiz-ed Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
The design is speculated to feature a soft-touch rear panel like the ones seen on the Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Grand 2. The site also expects the Galaxy Grand Neo's price to be lower than the Galaxy Grand 2. No details about other specs of the rumored Galaxy Grand Neo have been revealed like battery, RAM, dual-SIM functionality and camera features.
Earlier reports claimed Samsung was working on a Galaxy Grand Lite variant with specs, including 5-inch display with 480 x 800 pixel resolution, 5 MP rear camera, dual-SIM functionality, VGA front facing camera, 1GB of RAM, 1.2 GHz quad core processor, 2100 mAh battery and 8 GB internal storage with microSD card support. The supposed Galaxy Grand Lite is seen to come in three color versions: orange, black and lime green.
Reportedly, the Galaxy Grand Lite, codenamed GT-19060 has reached the American government-owned Federal Communication Commission. It could also be the Galaxy Grand Neo, simply with a different name, depending on the region where the device is being sold.
The leaked image only showed the front part of the smartphone but it is still unsure if it would sport a leather-like back panel similar to the Galaxy Grand 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales