Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Leaks Android 4.3, 5-inch Display?
By Vanessa Francisco | January 3, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Samsung seemed to be all set in introducing its newest device called Galaxy Grand Neo. SammyHub has reportedly revealed the specs of Samsung's rumored mid-range smartphone, the Galaxy Grand Neo, which appears to fit the previously speculated Galaxy Grand Lite. It might be the same device.
According to SammyHub, the rumored Galaxy Grand Neo will have a 5-inch WVGA 800 x 480 pixel display and a 1.2GHz quad core A7 processor similar to the Galaxy Grand 2. There is no available data regarding the screen technology. It also claimed the supposed Galaxy Grand Neo will have Samsung's high-end feature, the "Multi Window" and run TouchWiz-ed Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
The design is speculated to feature a soft-touch rear panel like the ones seen on the Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Grand 2. The site also expects the Galaxy Grand Neo's price to be lower than the Galaxy Grand 2. No details about other specs of the rumored Galaxy Grand Neo have been revealed like battery, RAM, dual-SIM functionality and camera features.
Earlier reports claimed Samsung was working on a Galaxy Grand Lite variant with specs, including 5-inch display with 480 x 800 pixel resolution, 5 MP rear camera, dual-SIM functionality, VGA front facing camera, 1GB of RAM, 1.2 GHz quad core processor, 2100 mAh battery and 8 GB internal storage with microSD card support. The supposed Galaxy Grand Lite is seen to come in three color versions: orange, black and lime green.
Reportedly, the Galaxy Grand Lite, codenamed GT-19060 has reached the American government-owned Federal Communication Commission. It could also be the Galaxy Grand Neo, simply with a different name, depending on the region where the device is being sold.
The leaked image only showed the front part of the smartphone but it is still unsure if it would sport a leather-like back panel similar to the Galaxy Grand 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar