Big Bash League Where to Watch Live: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Thunder Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 3, 2014 4:00 PM EST
Michael Hussey and the Sydney Thunder will keep their hunt for their first win of the Big Bash League (BBL 03) season going as they visit Perth Scorchers on Friday.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 2.10 pm IST start with live coverage on Star Sports 1 and Star Sports HD1. The match can also be viewed live online in the US HERE. To catch the action courtesy live streaming in the UK click HERE, while Australia viewers can live stream the game at the WACA HERE.
Hussey has been in great form for the Thunder this campaign, averaging over 50, but the Thunder as a team haven't been able to convert good performances into a win just yet.
"I was a bit nervous coming into the tournament to see how I was going to go, not having played a lot of cricket coming in, so it's been pleasing to get a couple of good scores," Thunder skipper and Aussie great Hussey said.
"We've been playing well actually, we just haven't been able to find a way to get over the line just yet.
"I'm really proud of the way the guys have been going about it and to be involved in something new and different and fresh and exciting has been a great challenge."
The Thunder lost to the Stars in their last match on Wednesday, and Hussey will hope his home ground of WACA, albeit playing for the away side, will prove to be a lucky one.
For the Scorchers, it is about picking up that momentum to try and get up there amongst the top four come the end of the league phase. Perth have only won one match in three this season, but have a good record at home, having come up trumps in four of their last five encounters.
Perth have also been boosted by the return of Adam Voges, who replaces Tim Armstrong in the 18-man squad after recovering from a shoulder injury. Opening batsman Liam Davis, though, has been ruled out and will be replaced by Craig Simmons.
"The KFC T20 Big Bash League Technical Committee has approved changes to the Perth Scorchers squad, including the return of batsman Adam Voges," the Big Bash League said in a statement on their official website.
"Voges has been passed fit and will resume his place in the Scorchers squad. Voges' replacement Tim Armstrong will subsequently be removed from the Scorchers' 18-player squad."
Scorchers skipper Justin Langer welcomed the return of Voges, who he believes could be vital to the team's fortunes.
"Initially when Twenty20 was played, everyone thought it would be a young man's game, but I actually think it's an old man's game because you're under pressure all the time, whether you are batting or bowling or fielding," Langer said.
"We see it statistically and from all the cricket we watch in Twenty20, it's usually the senior players who have an impact on the game. So to have someone like Adam coming back in is very, very important for us."
Squads: Perth Scorchers: Simon Katich (capt), Yasir Arafat, Michael Beer, Jason Behrendorff, Ryan Duffield, Brad Hogg, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Craig Simmons, Alfonso Thomas, Ashton Turner, Adam Voges, Sam Whiteman.
Sydney Thunder: Mike Hussey (capt), Ryan Carters, Scott Coyte, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Luke Feldman, Jason Floros, Kurtis Patterson, Cameron Borgas, Eoin Morgan, Dirk Nannes, Gurinder Sandhu, Chris Tremain, Daniel Hughes.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report