HTC One 2 Features Fall Below Consumers' Expectations
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 3, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Wiki Commons/John Karakatsanis
A photograph of the HTC One smartphone from a diagonal perspective.
The reliable tipster seemed to reaffirm that we should not be too excited on the imminent release of HTC M8 or HTC One 2. The handset may fall below the expectations of the fans.
The upcoming HTC handset may pack a 5-inch 1080p display, Android 4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0 UI, a 2.1MP front-facing camera, an UltraPixel camera on the back, 2 GB of RAM, and quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM-8974 processor.
Although these are fair features to begin with, we may not notice a big jump if we will compare it to the current HTC One. If rumors were true, the device may not turn heads when it battle against rivals from Samsung, LG and Apple.
The HTC One 2 may not pack the latest flagship Qualcomm processor, Snapdragon 805, on board unlike what previous rumors suggested. The leak does not specify how many ultrapixels the handset will boast. Also, the rest of the specs were the same as with the rumored features of the handset.
HTC One 2 is expected to be introduced in the Mobile World Congress event by February as the first generation of HTC One was also announced at last year's MWC tech event.
Although this may disappoint some waiting fans, HTC may still have some aces hidden. The best smartphone does not have to have the highest pixel resolution and power hungry specs. Remember that HTC One won the award for being the best smartphone in 2013. The upcoming HTC Sense 6.0 may be the smoothest user interface after all that would make the HTC One 2 a hit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef