Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Star May Take an Unexpected Exit
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 3, 2014 2:57 PM EST
Chelsea FC midfield sensation Juan Mata may see his stint with the west Londoners end prematurely as Serie A side SSC Napoli are more than interested in acquiring services vis-à-vis saving his chances of having an assured spot for Spain in the World Cup.
Chelsea playmaker Juan Mata may be on his way to Italy to reunite with former boss Rafa Benitez
After receiving two successive Player of the Year awards with different managers before this season, the 25-year-old has found it hard to adapt with Jose Mourinho's system, thus far.
He has lost his place to Brazilian teammate Oscar, who now supports and creates for the Blues' attacking third.
The Naples-based club signified their intention signing the Spanish national by contacting Chelsea officials immediately after Jose Mourinho announced that doors are open to talk about the player's future.
Manchester United and Liverpool are reported to be interested parties, but a move away from the Premier League is more viable as Chelsea would not want to strengthen their league rivals.
Paris Saint-Germain and Inter Milan are also rumoured suitors, but Napoli has the best chance of snatching the unsettled playmaker with ex-Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez at the helm, with whom Mata's career flourished during the latter's tenure at Stamford Bridge.
Napoli, however, might have to shell out around £30million to convince the English side to part with their prized, but unvalued, possession.
Is selling Mata a good move for Chelsea? Post your opinions. Join the thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef