Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Star May Take an Unexpected Exit
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 3, 2014 2:57 PM EST
Chelsea FC midfield sensation Juan Mata may see his stint with the west Londoners end prematurely as Serie A side SSC Napoli are more than interested in acquiring services vis-à-vis saving his chances of having an assured spot for Spain in the World Cup.
Chelsea playmaker Juan Mata may be on his way to Italy to reunite with former boss Rafa Benitez
After receiving two successive Player of the Year awards with different managers before this season, the 25-year-old has found it hard to adapt with Jose Mourinho's system, thus far.
He has lost his place to Brazilian teammate Oscar, who now supports and creates for the Blues' attacking third.
The Naples-based club signified their intention signing the Spanish national by contacting Chelsea officials immediately after Jose Mourinho announced that doors are open to talk about the player's future.
Manchester United and Liverpool are reported to be interested parties, but a move away from the Premier League is more viable as Chelsea would not want to strengthen their league rivals.
Paris Saint-Germain and Inter Milan are also rumoured suitors, but Napoli has the best chance of snatching the unsettled playmaker with ex-Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez at the helm, with whom Mata's career flourished during the latter's tenure at Stamford Bridge.
Napoli, however, might have to shell out around £30million to convince the English side to part with their prized, but unvalued, possession.
Is selling Mata a good move for Chelsea? Post your opinions. Join the thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’