Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Star May Take an Unexpected Exit
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 3, 2014 2:57 PM EST
Chelsea FC midfield sensation Juan Mata may see his stint with the west Londoners end prematurely as Serie A side SSC Napoli are more than interested in acquiring services vis-à-vis saving his chances of having an assured spot for Spain in the World Cup.
Chelsea playmaker Juan Mata may be on his way to Italy to reunite with former boss Rafa Benitez
After receiving two successive Player of the Year awards with different managers before this season, the 25-year-old has found it hard to adapt with Jose Mourinho's system, thus far.
He has lost his place to Brazilian teammate Oscar, who now supports and creates for the Blues' attacking third.
The Naples-based club signified their intention signing the Spanish national by contacting Chelsea officials immediately after Jose Mourinho announced that doors are open to talk about the player's future.
Manchester United and Liverpool are reported to be interested parties, but a move away from the Premier League is more viable as Chelsea would not want to strengthen their league rivals.
Paris Saint-Germain and Inter Milan are also rumoured suitors, but Napoli has the best chance of snatching the unsettled playmaker with ex-Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez at the helm, with whom Mata's career flourished during the latter's tenure at Stamford Bridge.
Napoli, however, might have to shell out around £30million to convince the English side to part with their prized, but unvalued, possession.
Is selling Mata a good move for Chelsea? Post your opinions. Join the thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- Marin Cilic Is The Third-Highest Earner On ATP Tour With His $3M US Open Prize Money
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone