Game of Thrones Season 4 Production Update: Another Big Battle Directed by Neil Marshall
By Sachin Trivedi | January 3, 2014 2:49 PM EST
For all the "Game of Thrones" fans looking forward to the release date of season 4, here is an update on the production of the upcoming TV show. The marketing team has already started to lay the ground work to build the anticipation.
The production was divided into two teams. The Dragon team and the Wolf team. The Dragon team was responsible for the shooting that took place in Iceland and the Wolf team was responsible for the shooting in Croatia.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 was supposed to shoot in Morocco too, but the country was removed from the schedule and no shooting took place in Morocco. Viewers will be introduced to the House Martell in the upcoming season. House Martell is from Dorne, one of the hottest regions in Westeros.
Perhaps filming in the coastal regions had been particularly challenging for the production crew, the producers shared that they had to cut when someone was performing tricks on a speedboat in the background.
Neil Marshall was back to direct another big battle in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. He had previously directed the Battle of Blackwater in season 2. But, unlike the Battle of Blackwater the battle in the upcoming season will be on land.
Readers will be excited to know that the battle directed by Neil Marshall in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 is expected to be the biggest battle from the series so far. Viewers will see the biggest army on the field and this time there will be no Wildfire to finish the battle early.
The shooting for the battle took place in Belfast. There were several weeks of night shoots with an occasional rain creating some problems for the production crew. The planning for the battle took months.
There are two big battles expected in "Game of Thrones" Season 4, the battle between the Wildlings and the Nights Watch and the battle between the army of Daenerys Targaryen and the forces of the city of Meereen.
"Game of Thrones" fans are already excited about the upcoming season and many are expressing their admiration to the production team. The production crew has managed to film four separate episodes simultaneously in two different countries with two directors. The producers say that the secret of their energy and efficiency is "Caffeine, sugar ... and every AD available in Northern Ireland."
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones