Game of Thrones Season 4 Production Update: Another Big Battle Directed by Neil Marshall
By Sachin Trivedi | January 3, 2014 2:49 PM EST
For all the "Game of Thrones" fans looking forward to the release date of season 4, here is an update on the production of the upcoming TV show. The marketing team has already started to lay the ground work to build the anticipation.
The production was divided into two teams. The Dragon team and the Wolf team. The Dragon team was responsible for the shooting that took place in Iceland and the Wolf team was responsible for the shooting in Croatia.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 was supposed to shoot in Morocco too, but the country was removed from the schedule and no shooting took place in Morocco. Viewers will be introduced to the House Martell in the upcoming season. House Martell is from Dorne, one of the hottest regions in Westeros.
Perhaps filming in the coastal regions had been particularly challenging for the production crew, the producers shared that they had to cut when someone was performing tricks on a speedboat in the background.
Neil Marshall was back to direct another big battle in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. He had previously directed the Battle of Blackwater in season 2. But, unlike the Battle of Blackwater the battle in the upcoming season will be on land.
Readers will be excited to know that the battle directed by Neil Marshall in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 is expected to be the biggest battle from the series so far. Viewers will see the biggest army on the field and this time there will be no Wildfire to finish the battle early.
The shooting for the battle took place in Belfast. There were several weeks of night shoots with an occasional rain creating some problems for the production crew. The planning for the battle took months.
There are two big battles expected in "Game of Thrones" Season 4, the battle between the Wildlings and the Nights Watch and the battle between the army of Daenerys Targaryen and the forces of the city of Meereen.
"Game of Thrones" fans are already excited about the upcoming season and many are expressing their admiration to the production team. The production crew has managed to film four separate episodes simultaneously in two different countries with two directors. The producers say that the secret of their energy and efficiency is "Caffeine, sugar ... and every AD available in Northern Ireland."
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga