Game of Thrones Season 4 Production Update: Another Big Battle Directed by Neil Marshall
By Sachin Trivedi | January 3, 2014 2:49 PM EST
For all the "Game of Thrones" fans looking forward to the release date of season 4, here is an update on the production of the upcoming TV show. The marketing team has already started to lay the ground work to build the anticipation.
The production was divided into two teams. The Dragon team and the Wolf team. The Dragon team was responsible for the shooting that took place in Iceland and the Wolf team was responsible for the shooting in Croatia.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 was supposed to shoot in Morocco too, but the country was removed from the schedule and no shooting took place in Morocco. Viewers will be introduced to the House Martell in the upcoming season. House Martell is from Dorne, one of the hottest regions in Westeros.
Perhaps filming in the coastal regions had been particularly challenging for the production crew, the producers shared that they had to cut when someone was performing tricks on a speedboat in the background.
Neil Marshall was back to direct another big battle in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. He had previously directed the Battle of Blackwater in season 2. But, unlike the Battle of Blackwater the battle in the upcoming season will be on land.
Readers will be excited to know that the battle directed by Neil Marshall in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 is expected to be the biggest battle from the series so far. Viewers will see the biggest army on the field and this time there will be no Wildfire to finish the battle early.
The shooting for the battle took place in Belfast. There were several weeks of night shoots with an occasional rain creating some problems for the production crew. The planning for the battle took months.
There are two big battles expected in "Game of Thrones" Season 4, the battle between the Wildlings and the Nights Watch and the battle between the army of Daenerys Targaryen and the forces of the city of Meereen.
"Game of Thrones" fans are already excited about the upcoming season and many are expressing their admiration to the production team. The production crew has managed to film four separate episodes simultaneously in two different countries with two directors. The producers say that the secret of their energy and efficiency is "Caffeine, sugar ... and every AD available in Northern Ireland."
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage