Game of Thrones Season 4 Production Update: Another Big Battle Directed by Neil Marshall
By Sachin Trivedi | January 3, 2014 2:49 PM EST
For all the "Game of Thrones" fans looking forward to the release date of season 4, here is an update on the production of the upcoming TV show. The marketing team has already started to lay the ground work to build the anticipation.
The production was divided into two teams. The Dragon team and the Wolf team. The Dragon team was responsible for the shooting that took place in Iceland and the Wolf team was responsible for the shooting in Croatia.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 was supposed to shoot in Morocco too, but the country was removed from the schedule and no shooting took place in Morocco. Viewers will be introduced to the House Martell in the upcoming season. House Martell is from Dorne, one of the hottest regions in Westeros.
Perhaps filming in the coastal regions had been particularly challenging for the production crew, the producers shared that they had to cut when someone was performing tricks on a speedboat in the background.
Neil Marshall was back to direct another big battle in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. He had previously directed the Battle of Blackwater in season 2. But, unlike the Battle of Blackwater the battle in the upcoming season will be on land.
Readers will be excited to know that the battle directed by Neil Marshall in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 is expected to be the biggest battle from the series so far. Viewers will see the biggest army on the field and this time there will be no Wildfire to finish the battle early.
The shooting for the battle took place in Belfast. There were several weeks of night shoots with an occasional rain creating some problems for the production crew. The planning for the battle took months.
There are two big battles expected in "Game of Thrones" Season 4, the battle between the Wildlings and the Nights Watch and the battle between the army of Daenerys Targaryen and the forces of the city of Meereen.
"Game of Thrones" fans are already excited about the upcoming season and many are expressing their admiration to the production team. The production crew has managed to film four separate episodes simultaneously in two different countries with two directors. The producers say that the secret of their energy and efficiency is "Caffeine, sugar ... and every AD available in Northern Ireland."
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate