Samsung Galaxy S5 Concept Packs Metal Casing and Note 3’s Design
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 3, 2014 2:48 PM EST
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 concept image is housed in a metal casing and borrows Galaxy Note 3's design.
Concept Phones credited the new render to certain Jermaine S whose idea of combining metal casing with plastic back for easy removal of the device's battery is quite something. The new concept image is also similar to the Galaxy J in some way.
Moreover, a glide system that allows you to control the handset better is placed on the right side of the handset. This can be used when you are filming a video and you can zoom in and zoom out.
As for the specs and features, the concept image packs a 5-inch screen display with 2K pixel resolution, 3.5 GB of RAM, a 64-bit Exynos S processor, which is speculated to make its debut at the Consumers Electronics Show next week. Moreover, the render boasts a 16 megapixel camera with 3 time optical zoom and 5 time digital zoom and 3 MP front facing camera. Other features include an IR blaster and the famous Iris scanner.
A metal casing for Samsung Galaxy S5 is not impossible as ETNews reported recently that the metallic prototype of the device was developed in Europe and then moved to Vietnam for mass production. This is supported by initial reports that Samsung was starting a production line in Vietnam for the Samsung Galaxy S5 with metal body.
Meanwhile, Samsung fans go wild as Samsung's executive Dong-hoon Chang confirmed that Samsung Galaxy S5 release date is at the Mobile World Congress next month. It is most likely that Samsung will hold a separate launch event for its new flagship smartphone.
Samsung still has not offered an official comment on the rumoured features of the device swirling on the Internet. Below are some of the rumoured Samsung Galaxy S5 features that consumers may see at the launch.
- qHD screen displays with 2,560 x 1,440 pixel resolution
- 64-bit Exynos octa core processor
- 3GB RAM
- 16 MP ISOCELL back camera and 4 MP front facing camera
- Adreno 330 GPU
- Iris scanner
- Longer battery life
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy