'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: Twitter Post Hints Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to Get Cast as Villain Doomsday?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 3, 2014 2:34 PM EST
The latest casting rumours for the upcoming film sequel "Man of Steel 2" points to actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson portraying a villain character. The "Fast and Furious" star teased via Twitter before the year 2013 ended about his big meeting with the Warner Bros CEO to talk about working for a movie project.
"We just had a big meeting w/ Warner Bros CEO re: @DCComics 2014 we will partner up and create the cool bad assery. #RockTalk @ActionTilson," posted Mr Johnson, 41,on his Twitter account @TheRock. According to the Enstars report, DC Comics and Warner Bros have not announced other upcoming movie projects aside from "Man of Steel 2" so the pro-wrestler-turned-actor could be joining in the ensemble cast as the enemy.
Speculations currently swirl on the character that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson could portray in the film. Doomsday appears to be the apt evil character that the actor could portray given that the monster sports a colossal body with superhuman strength.
The appearance of villain character Doomsday in the "Man of Steel" sequel has surfaced in past reports but with "Games of Thrones" actor Jason Momoa as the frontrunner to portray the character. The Hollywood Reporter claims: "Jason Momoa is in negotiations to join the cast of the untitled Batman-Superman movie being made by Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment."
Zack Snyder, the director of the "Man of Steel" sequel, will be returning with British actor Henry Cavill as Superman in 2015 along with the other superhero characters on board. The MTV report reads: "Ben Affleck is on board as Batman, and Gal Gadot is playing Wonder Woman. There are rumors that other members of the Justice League will make appearances in the 'Man of Steel' sequel, like Green Lantern and The Flash."
However, fans will have to patiently wait for the "Man of Steel 2" film since the theater release is set on July 17, 2015. As for Dwayne Johnson's other movie projects, the actor will be seen in "Hercules: The Thracian Wars" in July, the "Fast and Furious 7" film where he reprises the character Luke Hobbs, "San Andreas" and "Not Without Hope."
More Articles to Read:
Taylor Swift Builds Wall Bordering Her Ocean-Front Home in Rhode Islands, Residents Troubled and Annoyed with Construction - [READ]
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Title Changes for Upcoming Episodes and Synopsis for Episode 10 'Road Trip' Revealed - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza