'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: Twitter Post Hints Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to Get Cast as Villain Doomsday?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 3, 2014 2:34 PM EST
The latest casting rumours for the upcoming film sequel "Man of Steel 2" points to actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson portraying a villain character. The "Fast and Furious" star teased via Twitter before the year 2013 ended about his big meeting with the Warner Bros CEO to talk about working for a movie project.
"We just had a big meeting w/ Warner Bros CEO re: @DCComics 2014 we will partner up and create the cool bad assery. #RockTalk @ActionTilson," posted Mr Johnson, 41,on his Twitter account @TheRock. According to the Enstars report, DC Comics and Warner Bros have not announced other upcoming movie projects aside from "Man of Steel 2" so the pro-wrestler-turned-actor could be joining in the ensemble cast as the enemy.
Speculations currently swirl on the character that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson could portray in the film. Doomsday appears to be the apt evil character that the actor could portray given that the monster sports a colossal body with superhuman strength.
The appearance of villain character Doomsday in the "Man of Steel" sequel has surfaced in past reports but with "Games of Thrones" actor Jason Momoa as the frontrunner to portray the character. The Hollywood Reporter claims: "Jason Momoa is in negotiations to join the cast of the untitled Batman-Superman movie being made by Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment."
Zack Snyder, the director of the "Man of Steel" sequel, will be returning with British actor Henry Cavill as Superman in 2015 along with the other superhero characters on board. The MTV report reads: "Ben Affleck is on board as Batman, and Gal Gadot is playing Wonder Woman. There are rumors that other members of the Justice League will make appearances in the 'Man of Steel' sequel, like Green Lantern and The Flash."
However, fans will have to patiently wait for the "Man of Steel 2" film since the theater release is set on July 17, 2015. As for Dwayne Johnson's other movie projects, the actor will be seen in "Hercules: The Thracian Wars" in July, the "Fast and Furious 7" film where he reprises the character Luke Hobbs, "San Andreas" and "Not Without Hope."
More Articles to Read:
Taylor Swift Builds Wall Bordering Her Ocean-Front Home in Rhode Islands, Residents Troubled and Annoyed with Construction - [READ]
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Title Changes for Upcoming Episodes and Synopsis for Episode 10 'Road Trip' Revealed - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys