'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: Twitter Post Hints Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to Get Cast as Villain Doomsday?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 3, 2014 2:34 PM EST
The latest casting rumours for the upcoming film sequel "Man of Steel 2" points to actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson portraying a villain character. The "Fast and Furious" star teased via Twitter before the year 2013 ended about his big meeting with the Warner Bros CEO to talk about working for a movie project.
"We just had a big meeting w/ Warner Bros CEO re: @DCComics 2014 we will partner up and create the cool bad assery. #RockTalk @ActionTilson," posted Mr Johnson, 41,on his Twitter account @TheRock. According to the Enstars report, DC Comics and Warner Bros have not announced other upcoming movie projects aside from "Man of Steel 2" so the pro-wrestler-turned-actor could be joining in the ensemble cast as the enemy.
Speculations currently swirl on the character that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson could portray in the film. Doomsday appears to be the apt evil character that the actor could portray given that the monster sports a colossal body with superhuman strength.
The appearance of villain character Doomsday in the "Man of Steel" sequel has surfaced in past reports but with "Games of Thrones" actor Jason Momoa as the frontrunner to portray the character. The Hollywood Reporter claims: "Jason Momoa is in negotiations to join the cast of the untitled Batman-Superman movie being made by Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment."
Zack Snyder, the director of the "Man of Steel" sequel, will be returning with British actor Henry Cavill as Superman in 2015 along with the other superhero characters on board. The MTV report reads: "Ben Affleck is on board as Batman, and Gal Gadot is playing Wonder Woman. There are rumors that other members of the Justice League will make appearances in the 'Man of Steel' sequel, like Green Lantern and The Flash."
However, fans will have to patiently wait for the "Man of Steel 2" film since the theater release is set on July 17, 2015. As for Dwayne Johnson's other movie projects, the actor will be seen in "Hercules: The Thracian Wars" in July, the "Fast and Furious 7" film where he reprises the character Luke Hobbs, "San Andreas" and "Not Without Hope."
More Articles to Read:
Taylor Swift Builds Wall Bordering Her Ocean-Front Home in Rhode Islands, Residents Troubled and Annoyed with Construction - [READ]
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Title Changes for Upcoming Episodes and Synopsis for Episode 10 'Road Trip' Revealed - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories