Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | January 3, 2014 2:30 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or the Nokia Lumia 1020, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes with a 5.7 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with a 4.5 inch AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 768 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes with 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm dimensions and weighs 168 grams. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm dimensions and weighs 158 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 3 GB of RAM. The Nokia Lumia 1020 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8, which can be upgraded to the WP8 Amber. The device has 2 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Nokia Lumia 1020 sports a 41 MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, auto or manual focus and Xenon and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes with a Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours and 20 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 16 GB N9005 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $729.95 and the 32 GB N9005 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $749.95. The Nokia Lumia 1020 is priced at around AU $699.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Xiaomi Mi-3 vs. Nexus 5 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More