Caroline Wozniacki's Engagement Ring Costs £125,000
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 3, 2014 2:20 PM EST
Just like in every celebrity engagement, Wozniacki's ring has become the subject of much speculation. Many people wonder how much did McIlroy spend on his engagement ring?
According to the Irish Mirror, McIlroy spent around £125,000 on the ring. An expert jeweler, Seamus Fahy, also said that the ring may cost a lot more depending on the transparency of the diamond.
"The shape of the centre diamond is a cushion-cut and from looking at the pictures, it's at least five carats," said Fahy.
The jeweler said that the engagement ring has the "halo style," which is one of the most popular engagement rings today. A "halo style" features a huge diamond in the centre surrounded by smaller diamonds. Robbin Brothers, an engagement ring store, wrote on its Web site that the "halo" engagement ring is the style that is essentially favoured by celebrities and royalties.
For most men, the thought of shopping for clothes is overwhelming enough, let alone picking out the engagement ring. McIlroy did a good job in finding the perfect ring that could make or break the engagement. Regardless of the ring style, Wozniacki would have said yes anyway.
People are now eager to find out when the two will tie the knot. Some people predict that they will wed in 2014 while some think that they might wait until 2015. As for the venue, Denmark is a favourite followed by Ireland, France, and Australia.
If Wozniacki really loves McIlroy and wants to marry him, the amount that the Irish golfer spends on an engagement ring should not matter at all. The size of the ring doesn't really matter. The brilliance and sparkle of the ring doesn't really matter too. It's not like Wozniacki would hate the ring and have McIlroy return in to the jeweler. It is the love that they have for each other that matters. Ridiculously cheesy, but isn't it the reality?
Congratulations again to the newly-engaged couple!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James