Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014! It's another year and now it's time make another list of New Year's resolution to make things right and to make a brand new version of yourself. Resolutions are made to challenge ourselves to do better, make better decisions, and be wiser and to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over again.
So the million dollar question is: What do you want to change the most for this year? What are things that has been weighing you and wanted to let go? Sometimes some of the worst questions are the questions that you needed to face head on so you can start living the life you always wanted.
Stop existing and start living by making these resolutions work, one day at a time until you can finally say that you are indeed living and living and having fun while doing it. Here are the 26 resolutions every 20-something should make in order to be happier.
1. Stop procrastinating! If something needs to get done today, do it today and not tomorrow. Just do it right there and then, every minute you wait the more chances the you are not going to get the job done.
2. Remember when you always eat when you are stressed or upset? Well, this habit needs to be stopped because the next thing you'll know, you are a size bigger and trust me losing that weight is not going to be easy.
3. Get to bed early; nothing really happens after 2 AM. Waking up early will do you well, once the birds start chirping you need to pull your weight and do something for the world.
4. Give your liver a break and drink moderately. Excessive drinking will make you look older and with alcohol you will tend to make bad choices.
5. Restrict your one-night stands; remember that sexually transmitted diseases are common especially for those who have multiple partners. And don't forget, always use a condom.
6. Know how to determine your wants and needs, spend your money on things that are important and start saving for a rainy day.
7. Try new things once a week, and don't be afraid to leave your comfort zone. You will never learn anything if you always play it stay safe. Live a little. Take risks. Travel more.
8. Explore your sexuality. There is nothing liberating than to know about your limits and explore the endless potential of your sexuality.
9. Speak up and be counted. Being smart will not get you too far unless you step up. If you are an introvert, now is the time to be outgoing and if you are an extrovert, spend some time to contemplate for this beauty in idleness.
10. Know yourself better. You'll be surprise that you can be an interesting person if you get to know yourself in a deeper level. Be more curious, curiosity fuels the heart and soul, plus it makes you feel alive.
11. Start giving back to your community. This may sound a cliché, but it's better to give than to receive, and who knows someday you will need their help too.
12. Random kindness can go a long way. When someone is kind to you, thank him/her genuinely. Make sure to tell someone you love that you love them; life is full of surprises that they might not be around when you are ready to tell them.
13. Find a passion; it doesn't have to be expensive or complicated. Something that makes you happy and you know that you are good at it.
14. Watch less TV. Read more. Walk further. Waste less gas.
15. Ask the guy or girl that you are meaning to ask since last year. Life won't wait, take chances now.
16. Hate your job? Now is the time to quit it. Life's too short to be stuck on something that you hate.
17.Drunk texting your ex is NEVER a good idea. Time for you to let go and look for greener pastures.
18. Appreciate the things that other do to you. A simple thank you will do, a red carpet with marching band will also be appreciated.
19. Practice what you preach or you can be a good example. Stop pointing fingers. Be self-reliant because at the end of the day it is you against the world.
20. Start earning money. There is always a job out there, all you need is patience and determination that you will find one.
21. Make your own decisions. Don't allow other people to do it for you. Take responsibility for you r actions.
22. Remember that every person has its own reality - people perceive things just a little differently.
23. Dance a little bit more, sing louder, and laugh harder. Do things that will make you feel happy and free because at the end of the day simple things like these are the ones that matters.
24. Don't cheat, break up if you are not happy. Cheating is the worst kind of betrayal.
25. Keep your promises; your word is your bond. Make it count.
26. Seriously, stop taking life so seriously. Living is supposed to be fun and being 20-something is the perfect time to make mistakes and learn from them.
To contact the editor, e-mail: