Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date at MWC 2014, Confirms Samsung Exec
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 3, 2014 11:32 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 Concept
Dong-hoon Chang, EVP and Head of Design Team for the company's IT & Mobile Communications division, and Head of Design Strategy Team at Samsung Electronics' Corporate Design Center, confirmed to Korean web site inews24 that Samsung will unveil its flagship phone at the said event with a "new material" in tow.
Mr Chang also commented on some of the rumoured Galaxy S5 features, including flexible display technology. He said that the said feature is "currently under review" and he did not confirm whether the feature will make it to the Samsung Galaxy S5 release date. Previous reports stated that Samsung and LG may not be able to release a smartphone with flexible display early this year as the technology is still being developed. However, companies may release a version packed curved flexible display later this year.
Aside from the aforementioned specs, the Samsung official gave very scarce detail on the upcoming Galaxy smartphone and what consumers can expect on the Samsung Galaxy S5 release date. However, the "new material" sparked rumours that the handset will be housed in a metal built and not in a plastic casing.
Meanwhile, Mobile World Congress 2014 will be held on Feb 24 in Barcelona. Samsung will most likely hold a separate launch for the handset before the tech event just like what it did to introduce previous Samsung Galaxy S devices.
Although there is no concrete confirmation from Samsung yet, previous reports stated Samsung Galaxy S5 will pack a metal built ditching the usual plastic body of its predecessors. The handset may also come with a better screen display as reports said that Samsung is already working on a qHD screen displays with 2,560 x 1,440 pixel resolution.
Other rumoured features of Samsung Galaxy S5 are Exynos octa core processor with 64-bit architecture, Adreno 330 GPU and 3GB of RAM. The device may also come with16 MP ISOCELL back camera and 4 MP front facing camera, Iris scanner and longer battery life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy