Living Dolls Venus Angelic and Justin Jedica Featured in TLC’s ‘My Strange Addiction’ [VIDEO]
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 3, 2014 10:59 AM EST
Living dolls Venus Angelic and Justin Jedica were featured in TLC's hit docu-reality series "My Strange Addiction".
To welcome the New Year and its fifth season, the TV show talked about the phenomenon of living dolls featuring three key figures who share the same obsession - to look like the said inanimate object. On Jan. 1, a one-hour special of the program entitled "I'm a Living Doll", viewers will meet three different people who went through different transformations to look like a real doll.
Venus Angelic, whose real name is Venus Palermo, is a 15-year-old girl who is gaining enormous popularity on the Internet for her YouTube tutorials on how to look like a living doll.
Justin Jedica tagged as the real Ken Doll who underwent over 100 surgeries in order to achieve a perfect male physique like Ken. Justin spent thousands of dollars for his surgeries. He was featured in various shows and has met his match, Valeria Lukyanova - coined as the human Barbie.
Venus Angelic, on the other hand, became famous because she resembles a true Japanese anime character. She has hundreds of YouTube videos of make-up tutorial sharing tips on how to look like a human doll like herself. She said that she started living like a doll since she was born and achieved her look through make-up and clothes.
Another case presented in the program is that of Emily who feels more confident when dressed as a doll. In the program, she tried to reveal her fanaticism to her family.
Living dolls became internet celebrity overnight because of their peculiar looks. These people are desperate to look like dolls, whether going through special diets, wearing uncomfortable corsets and contact lenses and even going under the knife.
Watch the full episode of My Strange Addiction "I'm a Living Doll" in the video below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate